420 Magazine Background

SweetSue's Class Notes

Thread starter #481

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Some basics understanding:

THC is a partial agonist if the CB1 and CB2 receptors
THC will activate the receptors, but it’s never a solid, firm lock

THC inhibits adenylate cyclase activity

Adenylyl cyclase (ADCY, EC number 4.6.1.1), also known as adenylate cyclase, is an enzyme which catalyzes the cyclization of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) into cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) which requires the cleavage of pyrophosphate (PPi).

THC inhibits Ca 2+ influx

Calcium (Ca2+) is a vital element in the process of neurotransmitter release; when Ca2+ channels are blocked, neurotransmitter release is inhibited. When the action potential reaches the nerve terminal, voltage-dependent Ca2+channels open and Ca2+ rushes into the neuron terminal due to a greater extracellular concentration.

Ca2+ channels appear to be localized near the active zones of the vesicular membrane. In the giant squid neuron, it has been found that Ca2+ influx is ten times greater in the area of the active zone than elsewhere in the neuron. Furthermore, during an action potential Ca2+ concentration at the active zone can rise one-thousandfold, from 100 nM (nano-molar concentration) to 100 micro-M within a few hundred microseconds. The observation of intramembranous proteins thought to be Ca2+ channels near active zones is consistent with rapid neurotransmitter release following Ca2+ influx.

These actions
1. decrease formation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate and protein kinase activity

Protein phosphorylation
A protein kinase is a kinase enzyme that modifies other molecules, mostly proteins, by chemically adding phosphate groups to them (phosphorylation). Phosphorylation usually results in a functional change of the target protein (substrate) by changing enzyme activity, cellular location, or association with other proteins.

2. activates inwardly rectifying potassium channels

A channel that is "inwardly-rectifying" is one that passes current (positive charge) more easily in the inward direction (into the cell) than in the outward direction (out of the cell).

3. stimulates nitrogen-activated protein kinase-signaling cascades

The MAPK/ERK pathway (also known as the Ras-Raf-MEK-ERK pathway) is a chain of proteins in the cell that communicates a signal from a receptor on the surface of the cell to the DNA in the nucleus of the cell.

From University of Washington:

Cyclic AMP is an important second messenger. It forms, as shown, when the membrane enzyme adenylyl cyclaseis activated (as indicated, by the alpha subunit of a G protein).

The cyclic AMP then goes on the activate specific proteins. Some ion channels, for example, are gated by cyclic AMP. But an especially important protein activated by cyclic AMP is protein kinase A, which goes on the phosphorylate certain cellular proteins. The scheme below shows how cyclic AMP activates protein kinase A.

Need to take a break. My brain hurts. Lol!​

Thread starter #483

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
 o_O:rolleyes:o_Oem..... My brain couldn't handle all at once....
Lol! My brain can’t either. That’s why I do it in bits and pieces. I give myself a few days (sometimes longer) to let it sink in and make sense.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I want to understand receptors, homomers, heteromers. First I need this basic understanding of channels and pathways for the rest to make sense.

InTheShed

Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
 o_O:rolleyes:o_Oem..... My brain couldn't handle all at once....
I don't think my brain can handle that in pieces! I read it last night and typed "completely beyond my comrehension" but forgot to post it with all the back and forth on lighting in my thread.

Thread starter #485

SweetSue

I don't think my brain can handle that in pieces! I read it last night and typed "completely beyond my comrehension" but forgot to post it with all the back and forth on lighting in my thread.
Lol! That’s kinda why you all keep me around. Lol! Eventually I’ll make sense of it and find a way to explain it so we can all grasp what’s going on.

AngryBird

Member of the Month: Dec 2016
:laugh::19::laugh::19::laugh::19::19:
Among 6 or 7 hundred other reasons...
I can think of another hundred....
Think we will sit and feel blonde together until Sweet One here will explain it in more simple words here..
:48::5:

:smokin2:moving so fast for me, I'm still pondering out here in la-la land about nanoparticles emulsifications of home grown pot oil and how it can be done in a cheap kitchen fashion! I gotta' do better at keeping up with the classes present focus. Kidding aside, I am having a bit of a struggle to keep all the data in my short term memory, so I am just being patient and waiting a while, so my memory can catch up.:rollit:

Thread starter #490

SweetSue

:smokin2:moving so fast for me, I'm still pondering out here in la-la land about nanoparticles emulsifications of home grown pot oil and how it can be done in a cheap kitchen fashion! I gotta' do better at keeping up with the classes present focus. Kidding aside, I am having a bit of a struggle to keep all the data in my short term memory, so I am just being patient and waiting a while, so my memory can catch up.:rollit:
That’s exactly how I approach it Tim. Lol! :51: I toss lots out up against the virtual wall - to me it’s like sticking post-it notes all over the virtual walls. Then I walk around for days chasing down little bits and pieces to help me grasp these concepts more comfortably.

It’s a game I play with my gray matter. Lol! My brain know what all this means, I’m convinced of it. :4:

The body creates cannabinoids in part to turn off channels. Before I can go on completely I wanna know what those channels do and under what conditions.

Hey, a question I stopped to ask the whole group:

If you had a meeting with an expert on the ECS, what would you ask? :4:

I’d like to know if emotional response changes the vibrations of cells and how the ECS responds to those changes.

I figure it’s a given that emotional response does effect vibration at the cellular level, most likely through these channel openings I’m chasing. The vibration of the cellular community is the determinant of health and wholeness. I just don’t understand it all enough yet to explain it well.

I love the thrill of the chase Tim, don’t you? Lol! Nanoemulsions.... I can’t wait to learn this one. Absorption from the moment of contact with the inside of the mouth. The increased bioavailability and what that means to conservation of resources makes my mind dance with joy.

This would’ve made Cajun incredibly happy. :circle-of-love:

Thread starter #491

SweetSue

Think we will sit and feel blonde together until Sweet One here will explain it in more simple words here..
:48::5:
:19: I missed this until just now. :19: I think we’re all sharing that blonde moment. Lol!

Ahhh.... thanks

:48:

:5:

InTheShed

Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

InTheShed

That’s exactly how I approach it Tim. Lol! :51: I toss lots out up against the virtual wall - to me it’s like sticking post-it notes all over the virtual walls. Then I walk around for days chasing down little bits and pieces to help me grasp these concepts more comfortably.

It’s a game I play with my gray matter. Lol! My brain know what all this means, I’m convinced of it. :4:

The body creates cannabinoids in part to turn off channels. Before I can go on completely I wanna know what those channels do and under what conditions.

Hey, a question I stopped to ask the whole group:

If you had a meeting with an expert on the ECS, what would you ask?:4:

I’d like to know if emotional response changes the vibrations of cells and how the ECS responds to those changes.

I figure it’s a given that emotional response does effect vibration at the cellular level, most likely through these channel openings I’m chasing. The vibration of the cellular community is the determinant of health and wholeness. I just don’t understand it all enough yet to explain it well.

I love the thrill of the chase Tim, don’t you? Lol! Nanoemulsions.... I can’t wait to learn this one. Absorption from the moment of contact with the inside of the mouth. The increased bioavailability and what that means to conservation of resources makes my mind dance with joy.

This would’ve made Cajun incredibly happy. :circle-of-love:
When I get in the right vibes, i can feel the hairs on my arms stretching , the blood in my toes pulsing with each heartbeat. It is millions of trains of energy flowing like waves of wind blown wheat on the prairie, the circuitry is cellular on all the physical responses to my emotions! If one will listen, I mean, really listen! They can hear, see, taste,smell and especially feel how their bodies various parts communicate! The saying,"getting one's ducks in a row" could apply to how we react to anything external as well as internal.:D Emotions follow pathways that cross millions of others,the energy flows cell to cell,molecule to molecule! The way we choose or the way our body "chooses" is certainly tied to how we focus our emotions and what we may use to feed,soothe, medicate or poison ourselves with, and visa versa. Cannabis is such a complex puzzle on the ways it works. So many receptors for so many elements from the plant. Almost like the Avatar World Planet, so many connections to the web of life, that like the giant trees, cannabis fractions are the unifying force, that calls all cells together! If I was a better functioning unit(human) I could be in touch with all of me, and understand a lot of you, better! As it is, I am me and so I need some weed to cope with, well,me! It helps me endure and makes me happy to feel better. In deed Sue, I Agree, the use of nanocannabis promises to help us get more closely in line with the courses we want to direct healing to!:) And doing so with thrift and efficiency is life's forte!