420 Magazine Background

SweetSue's Class Notes

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
When they say "cannabinoids" are they speaking of THC? I thought that CBD doesn't bind to either CB1 or CB2 receptors (or I'm misremembering).
IMO, that would have to be the case. CBD doesn’t directly activate any eCB receptors. It works through allosteric receptors.

I’m trying to figure out why I’m finding leads to using a CBD-rich medicine to treat prostate cancer.

I also want to dig out the list of mushrooms we had from K that will load the body up with anti-cancer metabolites. That info in in my notes back home. I know it’s here too, probably in Cajun’s thread.

I’m starting to see double, :laugh2: a sure sign that I need to go back to being on vacation for a while. Lol!

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016

They did the PSA test and didn’t bother to wait to see results before surgery. The test came back 4.1, down over less than two months from 10. The oncology standard is to wait when the PSA is 4.0 :17:

At 12:30 Dennis begins to lay out his casual regimen with what I’m assuming was CCO.

In 6 months, following two cycles of oil treatment (I’m figuring he did a gram a day?) he came up with clear labs. The prostate cancer was completely gone. :yahoo:

Last edited:

Tennessee Tim

Awesome , the power of herbs and positive thinking! The "corporate Doctors have to be dragged to the trough before admitting their approaches are not the only way,and indeed, are not as desirable in patient tolerance or outcomes, too frequently! If we can just get that core of controlling mentality corporate/government people to fully open up their resources to explore the cannabis human ecology, many peoples lives may be saved from pain ,suffering and early death!:smokin2:

SweetSue

As per the speaker, individuals who want to avoid intermittent fasting:

* Brittle diabetics who can’t control their blood sugar

* Over 70

* Child or adolescent

* History of eating disorder of any kind (this can evoke that behavior)

* Pregnant

* Chronic heart issues

* Kidney disease

* Low body mass index

* Frail

* Recently hospitalized

It matters more when you eat than what you eat. Having said that, there are foods that’ll fuel you more efficiently than others. :laugh2:

Focus on real, whole foods, high in protein and complex carbohydrates.
- pasture-fed meat
- wild caught fish
- organic at every opportunity
- healthy fats (avocado, butter from grass-fed animals, nuts, coconut oil, fish oil omegas)
- complex carbs as much as possible. Instead of bread and pasta, substitute things like low glycemic berries, green, leafy vegetables, squash, quinoa, sweet potatoes.....

Limit sugar and alcohol. They can offset all the good you’re doing if you allow yourself to believe that

Stay well-hydrated. Plain coffee or tea in the fasting window. Green tea.... I can drink that plain. :3:

She starts her patients on 12/12, increasing the fasting time by one hour a day until you’re up to a 16-hr fast.

I recall the study done that demonstrated women doing much better on a 14-15 hr fast. It also showed that the greatest gains in letting weight go were on a 6 AM to 2 PM schedule. I may put this to the test when I get back and get my Callanetics schedule back on track. Don’t want to release that much weight without also doing something to pull the skin in. :4:

Living alone gives me a prime opportunity to try that seemingly crazy schedule.

MagicJim gets up at 5 AM. I could too. :laugh2:

TheRedDragon assures me black coffee is acceptable. Stevia is permitted too, to sweeten. I can’t stomach coffee black, but I do love me some sweet coffee. No creamer until the window opens. Remember you have green tea Susan. :4:

Give it a solid 30 days before abandoning the concept. It may take 6-8 weeks to begin to see the full benefits of what you’re doing with IF.

If you have serious health concerns, speak to your medical support team before starting the fasting program.

This process is free, flexible, and simple to execute at home.

Aroxol

As per the speaker, individuals who want to avoid intermittent fasting:

* Brittle diabetics who can’t control their blood sugar

* Over 70

* Child or adolescent

* History of eating disorder of any kind (this can evoke that behavior)

* Pregnant

* Chronic heart issues

* Kidney disease

* Low body mass index

* Frail

* Recently hospitalized

It matters more when you eat than what you eat. Having said that, there are foods that’ll fuel you more efficiently than others. :laugh2:

Focus on real, whole foods, high in protein and complex carbohydrates.
- pasture-fed meat
- wild caught fish
- organic at every opportunity
- healthy fats (avocado, butter from grass-fed animals, nuts, coconut oil, fish oil omegas)
- complex carbs as much as possible. Instead of bread and pasta, substitute things like low glycemic berries, green, leafy vegetables, squash, quinoa, sweet potatoes.....

Limit sugar and alcohol. They can offset all the good you’re doing if you allow yourself to believe that

Stay well-hydrated. Plain coffee or tea in the fasting window. Green tea.... I can drink that plain. :3:

She starts her patients on 12/12, increasing the fasting time by one hour a day until you’re up to a 16-hr fast.

I recall the study done that demonstrated women doing much better on a 14-15 hr fast. It also showed that the greatest gains in letting weight go were on a 6 AM to 2 PM schedule. I may put this to the test when I get back and get my Callanetics schedule back on track. Don’t want to release that much weight without also doing something to pull the skin in. :4:

Living alone gives me a prime opportunity to try that seemingly crazy schedule.

MagicJim gets up at 5 AM. I could too. :laugh2:

TheRedDragon assures me black coffee is acceptable. Stevia is permitted too, to sweeten. I can’t stomach coffee black, but I do love me some sweet coffee. No creamer until the window opens. Remember you have green tea Susan. :4:

Give it a solid 30 days before abandoning the concept. It may take 6-8 weeks to begin to see the full benefits of what you’re doing with IF.

If you have serious health concerns, speak to your medical support team before starting the fasting program.

This process is free, flexible, and simple to execute at home.
Drink a TON of water when you IF, this is a key piece that a lot of people miss. Magnesium is also a great supplement to get on which won’t break the fast. Mixing sea salt in water and drinking that while IF can also do a lot for your cells and opening them up so you get a deep flush with the water you drink. HUGE FAN of IF.

SweetSue

Drink a TON of water when you IF, this is a key piece that a lot of people miss. Magnesium is also a great supplement to get on which won’t break the fast. Mixing sea salt in water and drinking that while IF can also do a lot for your cells and opening them up so you get a deep flush with the water you drink. HUGE FAN of IF.
Thank you so much for this information. :hmmmm: This would explain the mag deficiency I’ve been suspecting. I’ve been getting leg and foot cramps, something I wasn’t suspecting I’d develop with my level of activity.

Adequate hydration is a necessity with cannabis therapeutics as well. It’s one of the more challenging messages to get out there, and now that you mention it, I’ve been lax on consumption while traveling. At home I keep a bottle of water at hand all the time.

How much sea salt to a cup? I keep it on hand to clean the bong, so I have a lot of it. Lol!

Aroxol

Thank you so much for this information. :hmmmm: This would explain the mag deficiency I’ve been suspecting. I’ve been getting leg and foot cramps, something I wasn’t suspecting I’d develop with my level of activity.

Adequate hydration is a necessity with cannabis therapeutics as well. It’s one of the more challenging messages to get out there, and now that you mention it, I’ve been lax on consumption while traveling. At home I keep a bottle of water at hand all the time.

How much sea salt to a cup? I keep it on hand to clean the bong, so I have a lot of it. Lol!
Totally could be water and mineral related. This guy does a good job talking through IF and how you can maximize the benefits of it. It’s done a lot for me personally, but after finding this guy and his videos it helped me to understand the science of what’s happening a little bit better and also showed me that I was doing it wrong (or not that effectively). Water, a lot of water, and minerals are key.

Here’s a drink from that same guy you can have while fasting. I’ll make it known this is not the type of drink anyone should be excited about :) If you have super sensitive taste buds or stomach it may not be ideal. Some ppl absolutely can’t drink it, others it’s no big deal. Either way, even if you have ‘some’ of the ingredients while fasting will provide a benefit.

SweetSue

Unlike most, I have no fear of sugar. :laugh2: I have this conversation with my cells, thanking them for processing everything I eat and drink efficiently, taking what’s necessary for homeostasis, and gently eliminating the excess in a timely manner.

Couple that belief to a tendency to choose healthier foods and you have a sound basis for letting the body fall back into its range of “normal.”

I refuse to think of any food as dangerous. Having said that I have a good understanding of what nutrients feed the body, I simply refuse to equate anything negative to my food choices.

I’ve found over the past year that it really does make more difference when you eat than what you eat. I also learned that unlimited chocolates aren’t the best of food choices. :laugh2:

I’ll give the drink a try once I get back home. The only thing I lack for it is the limes and pink salt, both of which are easy to source. I already have a habit of drinking water with Apple Cider vinegar in it, in an attempt to help my gut out a little.

I’m so off the plan here that I’m counting the days until I’m back home. I tell myself I’m on vacation. From now on these Phoenix vacations are only for a week.

SweetSue

Dr. Sanjay Gupta (2016)

Long-term inflammation causes hardening of the arteries, making it difficult for the heart to circulate blood. Anything that reduces inflammation, allows the heart to beat without stress, or thin the blood a little to make that circulation easier is a good thing.

Magnesium has all these properties.
- It’s one of the most abundant mineral in the body.
- It’s both a minerial and an electrolyte.
- It’s necessary for the electrical activity of the heart and brain.
- It’s a cofactor in over 300 individual body functions.

Recommend daily doses of magnesium are 400 - 425 mg for men and 310 - 360 mg for women.
- Most of us are falling below those thresholds by a hundred or more mg.
- Too much can cause cramping and diarrhea

Magnesium reduces blood pressure, making it easier for the heart to supply blood to the body.

Magnesium depletion is a result of
- stress
- lack of sleep
- sugar intake * this is my point to improve on *
- consumption of diuretics like coffee or tea
* Recent studies said that coffee is no longer considered a diuretic. Curious that he wasn’t up to date on this.

OK.... this was 2016. Those studies were in process during that time. That explains his statement.

Symptoms of deficiency may be subtle, but will increase over the years, in a cumulative way.
- fatigue
- insomnia
- anxiety
- depression
- heart palpitations
- hardening of the arteries
- high blood pressure
- increased cardiac inflammation
- osteoporosis
- diabetic control will be challenging
- constipation and bowel disorders

How do you measure Mag in the body?
- Blood tests only reveal a minuscule amount of the magnesium in the body. Most is in bones, cells, or the ECM.
- Measure the content in the red blood cells themselves, or the extra cellular matrix, or urine mag levels.

These tests aren’t ready available. Big surprise...NOT! :17:

Why hasn’t magnesium deficiency been suggested more often?
- It’s difficult to measure.
- No one is doing research because there’s no PROFIT to be made. Damn! One of my least favorite things to hear.

Supplying yourself with more magnesium:
- buy organic, locally-grown where possible, in soils high in magnesium
- almonds, spinach, peanuts, cashews, avocado are all good sources
- There are magnesium oil sprays for topical application.
- Ionic atomized sprays are available for instant absorption.
- Soak in a bath with Epsom salts.
- Oral supplements.

Kidney disease puts you at risk for systemic buildup, which is problematic.
- magnesium glyconate is the best choice for oral doses, and will cause less cramping and diarrhea

You may find that a small increase in magnesium intake will have a profound impact on overall wellness.

SweetSue

To be annotated later today. Love this man. :green_heart:

Tennessee Tim

Good food, good pot and exercise in moderation, and all is well for me. My problem is good food in moderation! I eat healthy and tasty food in great variety, only take a vitamin D supplement (my aging body does not process enough), :rolleyes:tried all the popular vitamins/minerals and supplements,and found my diet alone after research and personal observation was very well providing what my body needs! I tend to eat too much of certain foods and at the wrong times, too often! I feel that a diet that is diverse, well supplied with animal and vegetable proteins , minerals , vitamins, fibers,fats and vitamins works for me most of the time, barring an interfering injury or infection that may be encountered.(not diet related) Indeed, when I eat a diverse diet, all is great, only when I forget moderation does problems arise!:48: WE as a species have been created and evolved to eat a diverse diet of browse (plants), insects and animals. The healthiest people I have known, have all done well at moderation in all or most of their habits, without restrictive or narrow diets while staying relatively active and engaged in life.( hobbies, projects, family, etc.) They usually live longer, recover from injury faster and seem to have more vitality ( most often). Getting sick less and feeling good works for me! :thumb: All of us, may have a different problem that needs to be addressed , so I don't reject trying to adjust my balance by adding a supplement at times for certain conditions or times when they may help restore a balance. Better eating habits of a diverse diet will usually be all a person needs, to be healthier and remain so, most of the time!:)

SweetSue

He's always full of great information! We need tens of thousands more just like him in the medical community.
In time that’ll be our reality. :5:

@Tennessee Tim, have you ever considered limiting the window of opportunity for eating to allow the gut 15-17 hours of fasting to clear the days foods? My impression is you’re doing so many things to support your ECS you have nothing to be concerned with. :4:

SweetSue

I decided to do a transcript.

Starting at 1:19

E: Your experience as a cannabis treating physican, what advice would you give to doctors and patients when using cannabis medicine?
S: So... education is the key to getting good results with cannabis. My advice is that there's no "one size fits all" method for using cannabis,but there's some basics that patients can learn and that doctors can learn that can help them get good success. And these are basics I've been using in my practice for a decade now, and that we put online on my website, Healer.com, so I'm not gonna teach the whole curriculum here, but it's all free, and it's very empowering.

One of the main concepts of integrative medicine is to have a partnership between the doctor and the patient. A partnership to work together towards health, and cannabis really brings that out in the relationship, because there's so many different types of Cannabis, so many different ways that one can use it, like taking it by mouth, or inhaling it. Ah.. different components within the plant that have different properties. And cannabis, unlike most other medications, isn't just for one condition, or two conditions. It can treat almost every condition in the human body, which sounds a little bit crazy to most people, but there's a strong scientific basis for that, and that basis is that we're already using molecules that we make ourselves that's a lot like the compounds we find in cannabis...
E: Anandamide..
S: Anandamide and 2-AG, right, so our endocannabinoids, these are the cannabinoids made by our inner pharmacy, are constantly working to keep us healthy, and to respond to any type of illness and injury. So this is why when we take the cannabis plant in it's various forms we can use it to treat almost an condition that a person may have The key is figuring out what to use and to use that correctly, but it's not really as hard as it sounds.

Begin at 3:15

Top Bottom