SweetSue's Class Notes

I'm here sue.

I haven't really shared this too publicly but this will be my last month of MMT and March will be my first opioid free month in longer than I can remember. I don't keep a "sober date" from when I stopped abusing prescription drugs and heroin because I always did poorly with anniversaries....

Needless to say I'm here, And am very grateful for you and this thread. 10 more 1 mg doses and I'm all cannabis after that. Can't wait to be done with the crutch, sorry, wheelchair that opioids have become, and be feel like myself again. Lost my pops to cancer over 10 years ago as a senior in high school and it was straight down hill from there. After years of drug abuse I got my crap together and started a path to sobriety. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and am confident I can achieve my goal thanks to MMJ, good support and the reassuring info you post here.

So thank you! And in the words of G2H... BIG HUGGG!!!

We are all here for you too TMD.

Well done for getting to this pivotal point in your healing, that is an epic journey you've been on my friend.

I'm here sue.

I haven't really shared this too publicly but this will be my last month of MMT and March will be my first opioid free month in longer than I can remember. I don't keep a "sober date" from when I stopped abusing prescription drugs and heroin because I always did poorly with anniversaries....

Needless to say I'm here, And am very grateful for you and this thread. 10 more 1 mg doses and I'm all cannabis after that. Can't wait to be done with the crutch, sorry, wheelchair that opioids have become, and be feel like myself again. Lost my pops to cancer over 10 years ago as a senior in high school and it was straight down hill from there. After years of drug abuse I got my crap together and started a path to sobriety. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and am confident I can achieve my goal thanks to MMJ, good support and the reassuring info you post here.

You're so close Dabber. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm thankful I followed the inspiration to start this thread for raw materials and processing. There's so much I find that may or may not get into a thread, and as this one demonstrates, the process can be grueling emotionally as I pull the material together. I've always been almost painfully empathetic. Knowing so many of you need this information it's been difficult not to jump the gun and post an incomplete message, just to get started.

This thread allowed you to get to the meat before the meal was fully prepared. I call that a cosmic blessing. :kisstwo:

I'm here sue.

Now that is a pretty big deal if u may say do myself. . I think between ur very own determination at beating this demon and the wonderful ppl on here we have all found, you will never look back after those last 10 doses TMD. When I was finishing up highschool, I was the one going to the hospital for radiation, treatments, surgery etc. So I knao that C word very intimately. I wish it up NO ONE ever on this planet. EVER.

Now that is a pretty big deal if u may say do myself. . I think between ur very own determination at beating this demon and the wonderful ppl on here we have all found, you will never look back after those last 10 doses TMD. When I was finishing up highschool, I was the one going to the hospital for radiation, treatments, surgery etc. So I knao that C word very intimately. I wish it up NO ONE ever on this planet. EVER.

The North Side is what we call one of the major neighborhood's in The Burgh. Are you possibly in my neck of the woods SwAgg?

I've been reading "Radical Remission" and I've become somewhat disenchanted with oncology's refusal to acknowledge that it's the ECS that heals, and all these proceedures they put patients through create more problems than they solve. To not begin treatment with a solid foundation of support for the ECS is nearly criminal, in my opinion. They're making lots of money but we're not seeing the brilliant results they keep saying they produce because they still ignore the obvious.

It's changing, slowly but consistently. Oncologists are beginning to come on board with cannabinoid partnerships for their patients, but an awful lot of them drank the koolaid and believe cannabis is a drug instead of a nutrient.

The more I study the more I have to train myself to keep judgement at bay and look for solutions. I'm not going to be able to complain and find answers at the same time. I'd rather share solutions.

The North Side is what we call one of the major neighborhood's in The Burgh. Are you possibly in my neck of the woods SwAgg?

I've been reading "Radical Remission" and I've become somewhat disenchanted with oncology's refusal to acknowledge that it's the ECS that heals, and all these proceedures they put patients through create more problems than they solve. To not begin treatment with a solid foundation of support for the ECS is nearly criminal, in my opinion. They're making lots of money but we're not seeing the brilliant results they keep saying they produce because they still ignore the obvious.

It's changing, slowly but consistently. Oncologists are beginning to come on board with cannabinoid partnerships for their patients, but an awful lot of them drank the koolaid and believe cannabis is a drug instead of a nutrient.

The more I study the more I have to train myself to keep judgement at bay and look for solutions. I'm not going to be able to complain and find answers at the same time. I'd rather share solutions.
I wish I was. To have THE sweet sue in the area to mentor. Woulda be awesome. But this northside is just meaning north of the border. .

I wish I was. To have THE sweet sue in the area to mentor. Woulda be awesome. But this northside is just meaning north of the border. .

Ahhh.... Another Canadian companion. :battingeyelashes: Someday I'll be taking a cross-Canadian trek to meet as many members along the way as possible. Maybe we can meet then?

For the second time I've begun work on this video by Dr. Sexton, information I want for the thread, and it's vanished into thin air after 30 minutes of work.

I think the universe is telling me something I'm not hearing. I need to walk away for a moment or two and think about this more. I can start the thread without it. The regimen is by Dr. Smith, and it stands on its own, so maybe the thing to do is start with that and add this in when it manages to actually get done. :laughtwo:

I'll get the regimen posted by tomorrow night.

Hello

Damn! My post for the opioid thread is apparently too long. I'll have to reformat.

United In Compassion 2017 conference

Opiate Tapering - Cannabis as a Substitute for Prescribed Pain Medications: Theory and Practice

Dr. Michele Sexton

Dr. Sexton, in her own words (from her LinkedIn page):

"I have background in midwifery, botanical medicine, naturopathic medicine, women's health, basic science, clinical research, guitar-playing and rock climbing. I was in private practice as a midwife for 10 years, and now am a doctor of naturopathic medicine (ND)- this is different from homeopathy, but includes it. My research background is in analytical chemistry, and the molecular imaging of two proteins that are upregulated in neuroinflammation: TSPO and CB2. My post-doctoral work was with LCMS analysis of endogenous cannabinoids, and monocyte activation. I conducted a pilot study looking at the effects on some immune parameters of Cannabis use in patients with Multiple Sclerosis. I am currently involved in building the clinical database on the topic of clinical Cannabis use. I am investigating the areas of Cannabis use in neurology, specifically multiple sclerosis, parkinson disease, epilepsy, women's health and for adjunctive therapy in oncology. I am embarking on the journey of product development to combine strategies for integrative, scientifically-based cannabinoid medicines.

Specialties: My clinical practice is specialized in complementary neurology, neuroinflammation and neurological disease, and women's health, particularly the perimenopause. I am also adept at managing and treating chronic disease and pain syndromes. I continue to pursue 'alternative' healing modalities, especally as they apply to chronic illness, healing the whole person! Body/mind medicine"

She has a long list of accomplishments and qualifications to back up her presentation.

Intro: "Dr. Sexton began her career as a home midwife and herbalist. She has a doctorate in Homeopathic Medicine, and completed a post- doctoral fellowship at the University of Washington in 2011. Her NIH-funded pre-doctoral and post-doctoral research was on the topic of Cannabinoids And Their Roles In Neural Inflammation And Neural Degradation.

The post-doctoral project investigated cannabis use and impact on endocannabinoidal and inflammatory markers In patients with Multiple Sclerosis.

Dr. Sexton is the Medical Director at the Center for the Study of Cannabis and Social Policy and serves as an editor and technical advisor for the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia Cannabis Monograph.

Her clinical practice, research, and teaching focus is on the medical use of cannabis across a wide range of conditions and age groups.

Dr. Sexton:
- Dr. of Naturopathic Medicine
- undergraduate work was in horticulture
- She was studying a protein that was upgraded in neural inflammation in undergraduate work. When she got to graduate work in Seattle she spent six years studying and ended up being steeped in the pharmacology of cannabinoids.
- Her clinical work became a cannabis speciality that grew out of her doctrinal and post-doctrinal work.
- In the early days she was seeing quite a few pain patients. Following that the children with seizure disorder took a lot of focus.
- Now she sees mostly pain patients.

United In Compassion 2017 conference

Opiate Tapering - Cannabis as a Substitute for Prescribed Pain Medications: Theory and Practice

It's a public health imperative that we need a better response to pain. The cost of the ineffective use of opioids is tremendous financially, but that doesn't begin to describe the cost in loss of quality of life.

It's suggested that one in five live with chronic pain, which means we all deal with the effects of the disease. The likelihood exists that regardless of your personal situation, you know someone with chronic pain.

In states that had instituted medical cannabis laws there was an almost 25% drop in opioid-induced deaths. In 2016 a retrospective cross-sectional survey of patients with chronic pain that were using cannabis as part of their regimen showed they use for pain and it gives them pain control as well as the opportunity to cut back or eliminate opioid medications.

Patients reported
*65% decreased opioid use
* decreased side effects of medication
* improved quality of life.

Dr. Sexton has an ongoing cannabis use survey going on with Bastyr University.

Of participants identified as medical cannabis users only
- 61% used cannabis to manage pain
- The second and third noted reasons for using cannabis were anxiety and depression.
- This is significant because pain patients often have anxiety and depression.

They did another analysis of this data, asking if patients substituted cannabis for prescribed medications. The survey included 2864 people
- 46% responded affirmatively.
- The top medications they were substituting for were narcotics and opiates. The next two types of medications they were substituting for were anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications.
- Medical cannabis patients were 4.6 times more likely than non- medical cannabis users to substitute cannabis for pain medications.
- Women were 6 times more likely to be substituting cannabis for their prescribed pain medications.

There's quite a bit of literature in how cannabis modulates pain. The molecular details and how the endocannabinoid system is involved.

When co-administered you'll get greater relief than if you administer opioids and cannabis separately, and at a lower dose. This is relevant because of opioid tolerance and the need to keep escalating the dose.
- All patients may not be able to get off opiates, but if you can reduce the opioid dose to the point where side effects are negligible you've done well.

View media item 1493332
META-analysis of animal studies and clinical studies shows a noticeable decrease in opiate requirements when co-administered with THC.

View media item 1493333
LIPID GATE FOR THE PERIPHERAL CONTROL OF PAIN (Journal of Neuroscience, November 12, 2016 34(46) 15184-15191

The role of the ECS in pain
- eCB1Rs are found in both neurons and non-neural cells.
- In pain the eCBR is transported from the Dorsal Root Ganglia out to the peripheral nerve terminals. They're synthesized in cell bodies of DRG neurons and are transported to peripheral nerve terminals, where they are localized appropriately to control pain initiation in response to agonist stimulation
Hohmann AG, Herkenham M. Cannabinoid receptors undergo axonal flow in sensory nerves. Neuroscience. 1999;92:1171–1175. doi: 10.1016/S0306-4522(99)00220-1. [PubMed] [Cross Ref]
- eCB2Rs are found primarily on immune cells, although there are some reports of them also in the DRG.
- eCB2Rs are also in the keratinocytes and in tissues at the surface of the skin, where we have our sensory input.
- The expression of these receptors is enhanced by injury and inflammation. You'll see an up regulation of these receptors.

Research strongly suggests that antinociceptive endocannabinoid signaling is upregulated in both the CNS and peripheral nervous system during painful states.

View media item 1493334
One of the primary strategies in treating MS is to keep immune cells out of the brain. The ECS plays a part in the migration of immune cells. One of the experiments in Dr. Sexton' post-grad work was to see if cannabis users had any difference in the migratory capacity of their immune cells.
- They looked specifically at macrophages, isolated out of the blood.
- The study participants were all healthy subjects.
- They found that cannabis users had immune cells that didn't move around as much as those in subjects that didn't use cannabis.
- They were asking the macrophages to migrate in a chamber toward a chemo attractor.

They also showed a differential expression of eCBRs on immune cells.
- There's thought that immune cells can be an indicator, a mirror in many respects, to the health of the brain.
- The CNS and the immune system have a lot of cross talk.

View media item 1493335

They also measured a global decrease in cytokine expression.
- Cytokines are inflammatory compounds that tell the rest of the body how to react to what's going on.
- Inflammation is a big problem in MS.
- They found that with all patients, those with or without MS, those that uses cannabis in any way had a reduced expression of these cytokine markers.

View media item 1493336
In summary:
- Chronic pain is a problem.
- We know the ECS is involved in the pain processing.
- People are using cannabis to treat their pain.
- THC has an opioid-sparing effect. If used together you can reduce the opioid dose and still get pain relief.
- Cannabinoids have an effect on immune function.

The Endogenous Opioid System

View media item 1493337
This critical system has gotten a lot of bad press because of the misuse of opioid medications. The opioid system is the best-studied system in the body.

- There are three classes of endogenous opioids that our body produces, and three classes of opioid receptors.
- Just like the ECS, immune cells have opioid receptors and can produce opiates.
- By administering opiates we inhibit the immune response, probably directly through this opiate system.

View media item 1493338
Opioids are the drug of choice in conventional medicine, despite the fact that they increase pain by leading to tolerance, dependence, and hyperalgesia - amplified pain.
- They used to be reserved for end-of-life, in particular cancer patients.
- Suddenly they became overprescribed for all chronic pain, and that mushroomed into the current epidemic.

The pharmacologic effects of opioid medications are primarily through the mu opiate receptor.
- There's good evidence that simply by administering morphine, for example, we induce inflammation into the body.

The Australian government, in assessing their own country's opioid problem, determined that the dramatic and alarming increase in prescribed opioids was due to the subsidy of longer-acting medications being prescribed for the treatment of non-cancer pain.

Opioid-induced hyperalgesia

OIH is alterations in pain perception caused by exposure to opioids. The condition is characterized by a paradoxical response, whereby the patient receiving opioids can actually become more sensitive to certain painful stimuli, known as allodynia.

Hyperalgesia = more pain
Allodynia = something that shouldn't be painful, like cold, feeling very painful to the patient.

Problems with opiate therapies:
- Tolerance: They may be on very high doses of opiates and still have relentless breakthrough pain.
- Dependance: They can't come off the opiate (opiate craving).
- Mechanical allodynia or hyperalgesia.
- Behavioral effects like catastropheizing, where the patient has to recall and retell everything that led up to this depressing state, every misstep by a medical professional involved in their treatment, and a litany of how everything is going wrong, and nothing will work out for them because nothing ever does.
- Chronic pain patients usually live with anxiety and depression as well.

PATIENT #1
* Female Age: 63
* Drug List: Methadone (10mg) x 8, Hydromorphone 4mg x 8, Xanax 1.5mg 1 - 2 times per month
* Pain Descriptor: numbness, tingling, tightness, and muscle spasm
* Gastrointestinal: Constipation
* Endocrine: Cold intolerance
* Psychiatry: sleep difficulty,vicious wake-sleep cycles; anxiety
* Musculoskeletal: joint pain, swelling, muscle pain
*Sleep: poor sleep initiation and maintainance.

Patient was surgically fused from the top of her cervical spine to the sacrum and had zero quality of life.
- Barely able to walk, and had to use a walker.
- Intense and unrelenting anxiety.
- Constant insomnia.
- Constipation.
- Her Morphine Equivalent Daily Dose was 1088. :straightface:
- She kept drugs on hand in case of an overdose.

How does hyperalgesia work?
- One method is by depressing dopamine transmission in a particular pathway in the brain.
- Dopamine is one of the body's pleasure neurotransmitters.
- If you over-agonize the MOR dopamine receptor you'll see the same loss of dopamergic function that is seen in inflammatory pain.
- Opioids depress immune function, by interfering with macrophage and T-cell function, since the immune cells express opioid receptors.
- By administering morphine you inhibit the production of natural endorphins and natural opiates, which are there for good cause - for pain relief and for modulating the immune system.

A paper in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences showed the mechanism of how morphine is actually prolonging and intensifying neuropathic pain by amplifying the NALP3, an inflammisome, a molecule that activates inflammation.

In May of 2017 in Frontiers of Immunology they reported on "Tool-like Receptor-Dependent Negative Effects of Opioids: A Battle between Analgesia and Hyperalgesia."

Toll-like receptors are typically activated by infectious agents or toxins produced by bacteria, but things in our bodies can also activate them, such as mechanical damage.
- It activates the immune response to come and clean up the problem.

- "Toll-like receptors are expressed on various types of cells, including those found in the CNS, and constitute a vital link between the immune system an the CNS."
- "TLR4 has been identified as a pain initiator."
- "using analgesics that will activate both the MOR and TLRs can worsen the general scenario."
- "TLRs expressed on neurons, glia, and other neuroimmune cells on-steroselectively by both active and inactive isomers of Morph and its opioid-inactive metabolite M3G."

We know precisely how opioids are contributing to pain.

Summary:
- There's an endogenous opiate system, present on our CNS cells and on immune cells.
- Administration of opioids has been shown to cause paradoxical pain.
- We know exactly what this happens at the cellular level.

The Neural-Immune Reflex

The natural flow is that the immune response should resolve itself. The body is designed and evolved to heal. The ECS is involved in the homeostasis of the immune system.
- If you don't get resolution you end up with chronic inflammation which is associated with chronic pain.

How it works:
- The body experiences injury or illness. (Pathogens or tissue damage)
- The body responds with pro-inflammatory cytokines, signaling in the brain and contributing to the pain experience.
- There should be a negative feedback loop (eCBs turning off the neurotransmitter dump) which will turn off the immune system response.
- This is the crosstalk in the body, the cytokines, immune system and endocannabinoid system working together to resolve pain. We call this the Neural Circuit

* Neural reflexes regulate immunity. * Our brain is involved in our immunity.

What should happen in a normal reflex arc:
- The Vegas nerve communicates between the brain and the internal organs directly from the loco cerillas through a neurotransmitter called norepinephrine.
- Norepinephrine comes signalling down the Vegas nerve, communicating with T-cells, telling them to produce acetylcholine.
- Acetylcholine turns off the innate immune system. It's calling the immune cells home.

There's significant crosstalk between the ECS and the EOS. They both have some control on
- sedation
- hypnosis
- regulation of temperature
- analgesia
- intestinal motility
- pain propagation

They're involved in common things happening within the body.
- Cannabinoids can enhance opiate potential and vice-versa.
- Administered together there's greater than additive effect.
- These two systems are co-localized in the brain and on immune cells.
- Beta endorphins can bind to some eCBRs and some cannabinoids can bind to opiate receptors.
- The cannabinoid and opioid receptors can join together in what's called heterodimerization, which can lead to different types of signaling.

Dr. Sexton is doing a study of patients to evaluate the crosstalk between the ECS and EOS.
- They'll measure cytokines, the ECS, the EOS.
- They'll then administer chemovars of cannabis, both with and without CBD to measure changes in how these systems are talking to each other.

- The systems talk to each other.
- Hyperalgesia has an inflammatory component.
- It's believed that cannabinoids can help restore the Neural-Immune Reflex and restore some of the damage that's being done by chronic opiate administration.

The Cannabis Medical Research Center(CMCR), UCSD studies on inhaled cannabis showed consistent and significant decrease in pain after inhaling cannabis.
- They used flower in a vaporizer.
- Cannabis often works more effectively than most add-on pain relievers.
- Cannabis is a rational choice as an add-on medication.

A study at UCSD by Mike Wallace, Head of the Pain Department and Anesthesia at UCSD, on diabetic neuropathy pain compared three chemovars acquired from the U of Miss, meaning they were abysmally lacking in cannabinoids, and yet.....
- It's low-potency cannabis, around 4%, and it still showed efficacy.
- Surprisingly, when they titrated up there were more patients that experienced decreased pain relief.

** When you treat chronic pain it's important to find the sweet spot and stay there. **
- If you overshoot you disrupt the system and may experience less pain relief from cannabis then you'll get at a lower dose.
- Consider that most of the varietals in dispensaries are much higher than 15% and what this might be doing to disrupt pain management.
- Find the sweet spot and avoid the chance of having THC exacerbating pain.

Studies done in the U.S. with inhaled cannabis for pain.

COMPROMISED EXTERNAL VALIDITY (the comparison of what U of Miss offers and how they don't stack up to what the market is offering)

- You can go to NIDA's site and see the potency of the chemovars offered by U of Miss.
- The cannabis all the studies are being done with bears no real resemblance to what patients are actually using.
- This calls into question all of the "sanctioned" studies.

Clinical Practice
Dr. Sexton prefers inhalation, with whole flower and a vaporizer.
- When a pain patient needs pain relief they need it immediately, and nothing beats inhalation for speedy delivery.
- Patients can self-titrate to find their optimal therapeutic dose with the least side effects.

* Vaporization reduces symptoms of chronic bronchitis seen in cannabis smokers Is this a real thing, or something the government spreads? I don't know anyone getting chronic bronchitis from smoking cannabis. As a matter of fact, I believe most of us don't get sick at all.
* Specifically, pinene may add to the analgesic effects and ameliorate some side effects of THC.

Cannabidiol
- There are no studies showing analgesic effects of CBD in humans.
- CBD has been shown to have anxiolytic effects.
- CBD has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- CBD has been shown to increase AEA (anandamide) levels.
- CBD decreases NALP3.
- CBD may modulate dopamine mechanisms in the ventral tegmental area (related to addiction).

There's a strong argument for including CBD in the regimen, but in her experience CBD will not offer pain relief, at least not for the complex pain she sees in her practice.

*****greatwolf may be able to dispute this. *****

Most of the CBD products are being marketed at 5 mg doses, much, much lower than would be effective.
- When you formulate a cannabinoid medication you want lots of CBD and a small amount of THC. In other words, a CBD-rich medication with as much THC as is needed or tolerated.

Her basic protocol is to teach her patients how to shop for cannabis that will meet their needs.

ACDC is the first choice.
- It has a predictable high ratio of CBD to THC.

She also has them purchase a high THC chemovar so they can mix the chemovars and titrate the THC themselves.

Many patients come in proclaiming they have no intention of smoking cannabis or getting high.
- She respects their thoughts, and then it becomes an educational session as to how one can use cannabis without overwhelming euphoria.
- This isn't "smoking pot." It's the best delivery system for pain relief, and you won't get addicted and it won't destroy your life or kill you.

She compares it making enchilada sauce; you want two tablespoons of cumin (CBD) but start with just a pinch of red pepper (THC).
- You want clear-headed therapeutic efficacy.

The THC chemovar she suggests is the most popular in CA and along the west coast, and in Colorado identify this chemovar having an almost even ratio of the terpenes a-pinene and b-myrcene. This is not a common ratio of monoterpenes.
- Dr. Sexton believes it's the pinene in such high concentrations that may be having a pronounced effect on pain.
- There's evidence that a-pinene inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that improves cognitive function.
- Acetylcholine is also involved in the neural-immune reflex.

She tells her patients this is their introductory package, and encourages them to shop around for other chemovars once they get familiar.
- If this mix doesn't work they'll talk about other beneficial terpenes and explore other options.

She suggests the patients use oral administration, starting at 1-2 mg of THC.
- Begin with an inhalation and follow that up with an edible and you'll get instant relief as well as long-term relief.

Follow-Up of Patient #1
* Two-month follow-up: MEDD 368 (down from 1088)

* Four-month follow-up:
- Has been able to return to PT.
- Opiate taper has remained constant (hasn't been able to get completely off).
- Xanax unchanged. Still has some anxiety.
- Continues to use cannabis for sleep.
- Her "relief scores" are 70-80%. She still has pain, but it doesn't affect her the way it used to. Cannabis removes you from the pain expression.

As Dr. Sexton puts it, you may still have pain, but it'll be an altered perception of your pain. You may see that the sky is blue because you're not so focused on your pain.

SUMMARY

In summary:
- Inhaled cannabis has demonstrated efficacy for neuropathic pain.
- There have been no formal trials for CBD for pain.
- Inhalation allows for whole plant administration and rapid effects that are pharmacokinetically reproducible across patients.
- Patient responses are highly variable. The majority respond to quite a low dose for their pain while others will require higher doses.

Take the whole patient package into account - diet, lifestyle, exercise - an inclusive treatment overview. Take natural steps to support your ECS.

Considerations for pain patients

Morphine effects
- impaired osteoblast function
- decreased sex steroids
- Acetylcholine signaling disrupted
- cognitive function impaired
- bowel function disrupted

Integrated Care
- diet
- nutrients
- exercise
- mental health
- mindfulness
- acupuncture
- massage
- PT
- Osteopathy

Tapering ideally includes a coordination of all medical teams. This is something that will effect the entire program. The doctor that prescribes the medication is the one who should be removing it or overseeing the weaning off.

In an ideal world you shoot for a 10% reduction per week. No more than that.
- Some patients can do it, others can't.
- Alcohol use can be a concern, disrupting the sleep cycle and exacerbating the pain.
- Suggest replacing the alcohol with cannabis. It'll be more effective and non-toxic.

Other support active therapies
* Dose escalation of CBD: 200mg TID
* Curcumin has been shown to attenuate morphine withdrawal in rats. 1000 mg BID
- It's also an anti-inflammatory.
* Theanine, a compound from green tea has a calming effect. (for anxiety)
* Lithium orotate (for sleep and anxiety)
* Omega-3 fatty acids
* EXERCISE
* Body work

- Consider the patient preference. How are they most likely to use cannabis?
- Start a patient resistant to inhalation on edibles, explaining the delayed effects and inconsistent results you'll possibly get.
- Most patients find their way to inhalation for the relief factor.
- Cannabis doesn't potentiate the opioids by increasing their blood levels, so using cannabis with your opioids won't be a threat to your life.
- When you're trying to taper off opioids use cannabis whenever you feel pain. The goal is opiate elimination.
- If the patient is starting with pain in the morning, start the day with cannabis and get the pain under control. Some patients set their alarms for 4 AM to take an opiate so they can go back to sleep and wake up with less pain. Not a way to live.
- Inhale first with an edible follow-up for longer relief.
- Some patients will be able to get off opioids, others won't, but will be able to taper the opiates down and get better pain relief.

The significance of ongoing research:
- To help to make sure the medical community keep from making the same mistakes they made with opiates pharmacy, which is unchecked prescribing with adverse effects of epic proportions.
- Support federal guidelines for opiate tapering.
- Provide a rational alternative to opioid medications.
- Address the gaps in medical education by providing CME to physicians for evidence-based practice.
- Allow for physician participation in the treatment plan of using cannabis.

I can't seem to edit in pictures. Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Lol! My daughter told me to think of it as a new thing to learn. o_O

Ahhhh.......I think I need to get away from this and go have something to calm the nerves. All this time getting the information ready and it's going to take me days to feel comfortable enough with the new platform that I'm flying again.

Check your inbox here Sue, I sent you a message and they are working on bugs and tweaks. 420 says blogs will return in the future, they have them but need to write scripts for the new forum.

Like this?

full

I've figured most of this part out Richard. I couldn't let you down. : )

I miss my hug emoticon. : (

Back
Top Bottom