SweetSue's Class Notes

What I think I already know about insomnia:

THC
helps you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper.
- It’ll also interfer with REM, so you may not dream at high doses.

CBD soothes anxiety and calms the euphoric effect of THC.

CBN is the cannabinoid holding the most potential as a sedative.

Terpenes enhance the action of cannabinoids, directing the effect you’ll feel.
- Myrcene is the most valuable for sleepiness.
- Linalool and Citral are also sought after for sleep meds.

Myrcene + CBN = great sleep meds
Insomnia comes in two forms:
- Primary insomnia is isolated from other conditions.
- Secondary insomnia is related to an underlying disease state that’s causing the insomnia. To attempt to treat the insomnia without treating the underlying cause feels a little short-sighted.

Dosing Guidelines

For a patient with primary insomnia a medicine with a balanced ratio (1:1, THC:CBD) will usually do the trick. A capsule containing between 5-15 mg of each major cannabinoid, taken about an hour before bed, is the standard beginning point.

Accompanying concerns

Insomnia typically comes with depression or anxiety attached.

- A patient with depression may need more THC in the ratio profile. Try 1:1, and if after 3 days there’s no noticable difference, increase THC values to 2:1. Give it a week before making other adjustments. Every human body is different.

- A patient with anxiety will typically respond to daytime dosing of CBD, and abrupt, anxious awakenings will soften as the patient tunes in the dose.

Try not to take high-CBD meds after early evening if anxiety plays into the patient’s insomnia. CBD can be alerting.

That’s all I can think of for now.

What I’m learning about insomnia: Additional info from The Cannabis Pharmacy:

Insomnia is always one of the chief reasons consumers list as the reason they chose cannabis as a medicine.

THC’s metabolites are what produce sleepiness, and it usually hits about an hour to 90 minutes after administration.
* Plan ahead to have the metabolites mesh with your desired sleep time.
* This is terpene-dependent. Choose medicines high in myrcene, linalool, or citral. A medicine high in limonene or pinene, for instance, won’t put you to sleep.
* Too high a dose will interfer with sleep and leave you feeling slightly tired upon awaking.
- A morning dose of CBD can often offset this lethargy.​

CBD is more of an alerting molecule, and it might be wiser to stop using it at 5 PM to cut down on the possibility of it interfering with sleep.
* At first CBD may feel too alerting, but after a few daily daytime doses anxiety and stress levels will begin to soften and there’ll be fewer Early Morning Wakings.
- Starting awake or waking up anxious happens because of cortisol spikes from the adrenal system. (Dr. Frankel)​

THC will stimulate initially, then build up metabolites that’ll begin signaling sleepiness.
* If vaping or smoking to help fall asleep, time that dose about an hour out from bedtime.
* To assist restful, sustained sleep try an edible with 5 - 15 mg of THC about 30 minutes before bedtime.
* A vaporizer with high THC meds next to the bed for the occasional start awake can be a godsend. One or two puffs and you’ll fall back asleep.

**Side note**

Occasional recreational users report that cannabis interferes with their sleep patterns.

Regular medical patients (and I’m assuming regular consumers) report easier to access, increased, more restful sleep.

BE PROPERLY HYDRATED

Using cannabinoids creates increased waste material for the body to eliminate. The last step performed by the enzymes is to make the disassembled cannabinoids more water-soluble. It’s of utmost importance to maintain a healthy “Inner Sea.”

CBD spray was more effective in treating insomnia than the placebo, but less effective than THC.

THC/CBD combinations appear to be more effective than isolates of either cannabinoid.

It appears CBD will help a fatigued patient sleep, but once they’ve caught up and feel rested CBD may be too stimulating.

Try a daytime high-CBD tincture or capsule for longterm stress relief.

Inhaled (smoked or vaped) cannabis has almost immediate effects, within seconds.

Great for breakthrough pain, anxiety, depression, or spasticity.
* That fast-onset of relief comes at the price of a smaller therapeutic window. After an hour or two the effects wane, which is why you take an edible an hour or so before bed.

Sublingual or sprays take 20 minutes, on average, to take effect.

THC is effective against anxiety and rumination (excessive worrying or feelings of low self-worth) at doses as low as 1 - 5 mg, taken sublingually.
* For greater effectiveness, swallow and send it through the gut.

I’d figure add that 20 to the 90 used as the guesstimate on metabolite buildup sufficient to cause sleepiness? :hmmmm:

A THC dose of 5 - 7.5 mg, taken an hour before bedtime is a good sweet spot for many patients.
* If you increase that dose, do so slowly, no more than 2.5 mg per increase. Stay at any new dose 1-2 weeks, if possible, to get an honest evaluation of effect.

Insomnia is frequently an unhappy accompaniment to antidepressants. If you’re good on the antidepressants, but have trouble sleeping you may want to discuss the possibility with your doctor that the two conditions are related.

High-myrcene varieties Purples that also carry high expressions of linalool are sought after (i.e. Bubba Kush, Hindu Kush, Grape Ape, Purps).

For someone having trouble drifting off, but staying asleep after doing so a little CBD with THC - very low dose - usually does the job.

A person waking in the night is having cortizol spikes from the adrenal glands, made more excitable by the presence of anxiety metabolites already circulating.
- If anxiety metabolites are present in the blood when the cortizol spikes occur you’ll start awake, or wake up hard-wired for anxiety.

Treating anxiety with daytime doses of CBD usually means easier early morning awakenings.

Patients who don’t seem to have anxiety and are falling asleep well but waking in the night can often be helped with a balanced dose of 5 mg CBD and 5 mg THC.
- Others may respond better with just CBD.

That really depends gardengirl. The variables are too many to even list.

Cellular healing often doesn’t show the immediate results single-molecule pharmaceuticals do, but over time you’ll see results. We usually suggest you hit your target dose and stay there until you get your next labs, then re-evaluate.

Canna oils don’t have nasty side-effects to deal with.

Often, in extreme cases you’ll experience a period called “herxing,” where the toxic buildup in the blood is happening faster than the elimination crew can catch up to, and for a short time it’ll feel like you have something akin to the flu. In a short time that passes and you’ll feel better and better as time goes on.

It doesn’t happen always, but when you know to expect it you won’t be put off the regimen by fear.

Most cancers respond to a much lower dose than we anticipate, and most regimens settle in below 300 mg of total cannabinoids a day, but every human body will heal in its own way and require an individually-determined dose.

Out hope is to assist members in reigning in the frustrations and expense of this modality by presenting methods to extend the medicine and increase efficacy.

But every case is entirely individual, both in treatment and response.

Thanks. I don't have an oncologist, but I have one I am trying to get on as a patient with. My GP didn't think there was a lab test. Invasive ductal carcinoma. I have several natural treatments I am doing but so far I have not gotten the thing to really back off. I've not done any chemo or radiation, as I just don't believe in it. I also do an alternative cancer marker test but I don't know if it is accurate or not. I thought it was...but recently found that what I thought was excess scar tissue on my chest wall from the mastectomy is actually cancer growth. So, because it is just under the skin and had a couple of open spots, I am also using black salve, which is mostly for surface, skin cancers, but is working for me, too.
It's not a solution, because the cancer is internal as well, but it seems like a good idea to get rid of chunks of it. Also, it has become tight and uncomfortable. Yes, I have had 3 little pieces come off my chest wall. Also, it has become tight and uncomfortable. Not a pretty sight there, but it is working. Dead cancer tissue...it's weird, spongy and very light weight.

Strength OF MIND AND BODY IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING! :thumb:Gardengirla, you have my wishes for your best course! Every individual has a different circumstance and no one has a lock on the reality of each of our conditions. My father survived cancer 20 years after the time he was told less than six months to live without agressive chemo and radiation. He went salmon fishing in Alaska, instead.:) He used neither cannabis nor radiation, taking only a pill a day for a year, that his doctor suggested may help. I am sure it was his positive attitude that cured him enough to live nearly 94 years! Whatever diet, supplements, exercise or surgery,try to feel good about that day as it was created by your positive will! The harmony of all creation is powered by positive good will! I myself would be very thoughtful about including multiple approaches, including mainstream treatments, along with cannabis, most likely. Feeling better is a true measure of efficacy, so if fishing makes me feel better, that is good medicine for me! Living is the ultimate measure of efficacy. Your balance of life's forces often is the synergist effect to all medicines that allows them to work for us. :peace:

Thanks. I don't have an oncologist, but I have one I am trying to get on as a patient with. My GP didn't think there was a lab test. Invasive ductal carcinoma. I have several natural treatments I am doing but so far I have not gotten the thing to really back off. I've not done any chemo or radiation, as I just don't believe in it. I also do an alternative cancer marker test but I don't know if it is accurate or not. I thought it was...but recently found that what I thought was excess scar tissue on my chest wall from the mastectomy is actually cancer growth. So, because it is just under the skin and had a couple of open spots, I am also using black salve, which is mostly for surface, skin cancers, but is working for me, too.
It's not a solution, because the cancer is internal as well, but it seems like a good idea to get rid of chunks of it. Also, it has become tight and uncomfortable. Yes, I have had 3 little pieces come off my chest wall. Also, it has become tight and uncomfortable. Not a pretty sight there, but it is working. Dead cancer tissue...it's weird, spongy and very light weight.

Baby.... make the strongest (highest THC values) infused oil you can and try that as a topical when you finish with the black salve. It may be the way to help the skin and underlying tissue to rejuvenate.

We were designed and evolved to heal. Let that thought thrill your cells in a regular basis. I have a strong conviction it compliments healing in a most unexpected way. :hug:

I have great faith in topicals. Cajun was getting really excited about combining his with some DMSO. New area for all of us, and no one has the experience to speak with authority, but keep an eye open for news out there on the cutting edges of oncology.

Getting your hugs in? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Baby.... make the strongest (highest THC values) infused oil you can and try that as a topical when you finish with the black salve. It may be the way to help the skin and underlying tissue to rejuvenate.

We were designed and evolved to heal. Let that thought thrill your cells in a regular basis. I have a strong conviction it compliments healing in a most unexpected way. :hug:

I have great faith in topicals. Cajun was getting really excited about combining his with some DMSO. New area for all of us, and no one has the experience to speak with authority, but keep an eye open for news out there on the cutting edges of oncology.

Getting your hugs in? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi Sweet Sue,

I am struggling with not tolerating high doses well. After one month, I am only at half dose. Worse, I have trouble eating and am losing weight. I wonder if dosing is individual? I also decided to start fenbendazole. There's a wonderful website about it called mycancerstory.rocks
. com
I have very little access or choice as to plant species.
Yes, I am getting my hugs and have a great support system.

Dosing with cannabis is incredibly individual, which is probably one of the main reasons that most doctors don't know how to work with it. They like to be able to look up a drug and its dosing in a book and write a prescription. With cannabis it's best to start with small doses and work your way up to find the therapeutic dose. Doctors don't tend to have time for that kind of attention. Luckily, we as patients do :).

If you haven't watched Dr Sulak's interview that Sue posted on the previous page, you can find it here. It's definitely worth your time.

Also, if anyone with aging eyes wants a sharper version of the top pic in the post above, here it is:
cannabinoid uses.jpg

Dosing with cannabis is incredibly individual, which is probably one of the main reasons that most doctors don't know how to work with it. They like to be able to look up a drug and its dosing in a book and write a prescription. With cannabis it's best to start with small doses and work your way up to find the therapeutic dose. Doctors don't tend to have time for that kind of attention. Luckily, we as patients do :).

If you haven't watched Dr Sulak's interview that Sue posted on the previous page, you can find it here. It's definitely worth your time.

Also, if anyone with aging eyes wants a sharper version of the top pic in the post above, here it is:
cannabinoid uses.jpg
Thank you. I will watch that interview. As to dosing, this is a big confusion for me. Rick S says 1 gram a day. Malanca, who did the sacred plant series and cured his father-in-law, says they never gave him more than a grain of rice at a time. But I cut back - and now after a couple of days with less, I finally ate normally today. Problem is, I have no idea if the dose is working.

Thank you. I will watch that interview. As to dosing, this is a big confusion for me. Rick S says 1 gram a day. Malanca, who did the sacred plant series and cured his father-in-law, says they never gave him more than a grain of rice at a time. But I cut back - and now after a couple of days with less, I finally ate normally today. Problem is, I have no idea if the dose is working.

Rick Simpson was working to promote cannabis as a therapeutic medicine during a time when we had no emperical data about dosing and had no guidelines other than “smoke this joint.” We now understand that most cancers respond to doses no higher than 300mg a day of total cannabinoids.

We’ve since learned much more about the potential and limitations of cannabis dosing practices, and what we now understand more fully is the necessity to start with a dose so low you feel nothing, and work the dose up slowly and thoughtfully to the level your body can use to heal. Some people tolerate or appreciate euphoria better than others, which is why we use the “Start low, go slow, stay low” guidelines when starting a new patient.

You want the lowest therapeutic dose, and the only way to find it for each patient is to follow those guidelines of thoughtful dose increases.

There’s usually testing being done by the medical support teams, and once you find your minimal therapeutic dose you stay there until the next labs can be evaluated. Then you decide whether to increase or decrease that dose. Cellular healing takes longer, but has more beneficial effects without the harsh side effects of many pharma drugs.

So how to approach this with oral doses? I have a couple suggestions:

* Start with a low dose. I’d keep it at no more than 5 mg of THC per dose, and start with 2 doses a day, one at bedtime and the other in the morning. Stay there at least three days.

* Increase the dose no more than 5 mg each and stay at that dose level for one week.

* Begin increasing the THC volume no more than 5 mg at a time (2.5 is a better increase, if you can control that measurement), staying at each increase for at least one week, if not two.

* Consider adding in at least one more dosing time to keep constant pressure on the tumors.

* There will come a point when you can’t comfortably adjust to the level of euphoria. At this point decrease the dose one step. This should eliminate the overwhelming euphoria.

* Stay at this dose until labs give you a reason to change it. Once the body learns to tolerate this dose you can again begin gradually increasing THC volumes and follow the same process to get those doses in without discomfort.

With cannabis therapeutics you don’t have to be high to be healing. In fact, the standard for the field is that you're doing something wrong if you’re getting too high. You control the euphoria by controlling dose volumes of THC across a day’s scheduling, or by adding in CBD to temper THC’s euphoric effect.

I always suggest multiple pathways too, and in your case that would include soaking baths with infused oils (think bath bombs), suppositories, and strong topicals. If you can find it in your nature to start chewing up raw bud this opens yet another pathway to healing.

And gardengirl, keep reminding your cellular community that it’s going to be alright. You were made to spontaneously heal. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you for this! If you are right about the 300 mg, that is indeed good news. As for that dosing schedule, I would say it is a bit late as I am now on the oil about 5 weeks. But I did start low, very low, and increased very slowly, as shown by the fact that after all this time I still was taking less than a half gram per day or thereabouts.

But when you speak of all these tiny doses, 5 mg and such, I am confused. How an I possibly know? I made the oil myself. I used a species called mother's milk. Supposed to be kind of balanced. I also do take some CBD oil as well. I don't have much idea the levels of THC or CBD.

As to "eupohoria" well, I love euphoria. Who wouldn't? What I don't like are lethargy, anxiety, dizziness and no appetite. So that was my cue to cut back. And maybe, just maybe, I did the right thing.
You mention labs. Not having an oncologist is a problem. I am borrowing money and going to Mexico to a clinic soon, but maybe when I return I can find one. Most of them around here won't monitor you if you don't want their treatment. I have not found labs and my GP doesn't seem to think so. I'll see what the clinic does. I have an alternative lab test I do, but I am not sure it is accurate. It gave me a steady, low number all of last year and now I know that I had cancer tissue growing on my chest wall, right under my nose, all that time.

I have been using the oral and mostly the suppository route. With suppositories, at least I don't seem to get the anxiety. Now, are you suggesting I dump some oil into a bathtub?

About chewing raw bud - what is the advantage of that?

Thank you for this! If you are right about the 300 mg, that is indeed good news. As for that dosing schedule, I would say it is a bit late as I am now on the oil about 5 weeks. But I did start low, very low, and increased very slowly, as shown by the fact that after all this time I still was taking less than a half gram per day or thereabouts.

But when you speak of all these tiny doses, 5 mg and such, I am confused. How an I possibly know? I made the oil myself. I used a species called mother's milk. Supposed to be kind of balanced. I also do take some CBD oil as well. I don't have much idea the levels of THC or CBD.

As to "eupohoria" well, I love euphoria. Who wouldn't? What I don't like are lethargy, anxiety, dizziness and no appetite. So that was my cue to cut back. And maybe, just maybe, I did the right thing.
You mention labs. Not having an oncologist is a problem. I am borrowing money and going to Mexico to a clinic soon, but maybe when I return I can find one. Most of them around here won't monitor you if you don't want their treatment. I have not found labs and my GP doesn't seem to think so. I'll see what the clinic does. I have an alternative lab test I do, but I am not sure it is accurate. It gave me a steady, low number all of last year and now I know that I had cancer tissue growing on my chest wall, right under my nose, all that time.

I have been using the oral and mostly the suppository route. With suppositories, at least I don't seem to get the anxiety. Now, are you suggesting I dump some oil into a bathtub?

About chewing raw bud - what is the advantage of that?

It does appear to be a big mess of too much sometimes, doesn’t it? :hug::hug::hug: As simple as cannabis therapeutics can be it can also approached from so many different directions it can seem overwhelming at first to decide what to do.

Let’s start with the raw bud.

Acid cannabinoids are what we find in the plant at harvest. Up until very recently those cannabinoids were thought to be less valuable medicinally than the decarbed neutral cannabinoids, primarily THC and CBD. As more studies are being done we’re learning that the acid cannabinoids may be more beneficial for many treatments. I express that as “may” because the research we need still hasn’t been funded properly, but to look at it historically, cannabis was used as holistic medicine for as far back as we find records. From our current experiences I’d find it ludicrous to believe it wasn’t also consumed as raw bud. Quite frankly, the buds are tasty, and they form a good base medicine, IMHO. One has nothing to lose and may have everything to gain by introducing acid cannabinoids. Some sprinkle powdered dried buds on foods. I simply keep one small bud out every day to munch on through the day, chewing a tiny bit every now and then.

We don’t understand fully how many different endocannabinoids our own bodies make, so we also don’t yet understand how the acid cannabinoids are really being used by the body. What we do know from experience is that members who have incorporated eating raw cannabis have noted an internal healing atmosphere that they find beneficial to continued good health, and that experience encourages me to continue my own practice of chewing raw bud.

Medicated baths are another largely untapped modality. There are fairly simple recipes for making bath bombs, and you get the added benefits of the magnesium uptake from the Epsoms salts and the relaxation of the warm soak in a tub of water.

When soothing a wounded Endocannabinoid system you’re looking for ways to soften the responses and release as much internal tension as possible, to increase the sensitivity of the ECS. Soaking baths with Epsoms, canna oil and some drops of lavender oil added can go a long way to achieving that goal of “calm and peaceful” as it delivers cannabinoids and their partner components through mucus membranes and the skin.

And yes, you’re already deep into the regimen, but from the sound of it you’ve made excellent progress. As you’re learning, that gram a day regimen can be difficult to achieve and still function. Multiple pathways increase the chances of getting more numbers of healing components into the system.

With suppositories you can begin to get the numbers up to that gram a day, if that’s what you choose to do, and you’ll still be able to function socially.

So.... no access to labs means you’ll have to listen more closely to what your body tells you, and make assumptions that will benefit you. It’s my strongest suggestion that you train yourself to expect with all your heart to come through this happier and healthier than you went in. There’s a powerful mind/body connection to the healing curve that benefits mightily from a confident expectation that the chosen regimen is the right one. Barring an oncologist with imaging technology to show you the progress you’re making, you’ll have to depend more on your inner voice.

Cancer isn’t the story of your life, it’s just a blip in the path of your journey. You’re using a powerful medicine, proven to be effective in strengthening the body’s natural resources. Dare to allow yourself to believe it’s working and fill every moment you can with the joy of knowing you’re helping your cells heal.

If that’s the best you can do at the moment then do that with all the joyful expectation you can pour into it. Your expectation lays the pathway your cells follow. Sometimes the diagnosis is so intimidating that it can be challenging to let the mind grab hold of the feeling of “healthy and whole.” Find that feeling and hang onto to it joyfully.

Yes.... it’s much easier for me to write about it than it is for you to live through it. We do the best we can with the resources at hand and keep our expectations in a joyful key. One day at a time gardengirl. That’s all we have. :hug::hug::hug:

It does appear to be a big mess of too much sometimes, doesn’t it? :hug::hug::hug: As simple as cannabis therapeutics can be it can also approached from so many different directions it can seem overwhelming at first to decide what to do.

Let’s start with the raw bud.

Acid cannabinoids are what we find in the plant at harvest. Up until very recently those cannabinoids were thought to be less valuable medicinally than the decarbed neutral cannabinoids, primarily THC and CBD. As more studies are being done we’re learning that the acid cannabinoids may be more beneficial for many treatments. I express that as “may” because the research we need still hasn’t been funded properly, but to look at it historically, cannabis was used as holistic medicine for as far back as we find records. From our current experiences I’d find it ludicrous to believe it wasn’t also consumed as raw bud. Quite frankly, the buds are tasty, and they form a good base medicine, IMHO. One has nothing to lose and may have everything to gain by introducing acid cannabinoids. Some sprinkle powdered dried buds on foods. I simply keep one small bud out every day to munch on through the day, chewing a tiny bit every now and then.

We don’t understand fully how many different endocannabinoids our own bodies make, so we also don’t yet understand how the acid cannabinoids are really being used by the body. What we do know from experience is that members who have incorporated eating raw cannabis have noted an internal healing atmosphere that they find beneficial to continued good health, and that experience encourages me to continue my own practice of chewing raw bud.

Medicated baths are another largely untapped modality. There are fairly simple recipes for making bath bombs, and you get the added benefits of the magnesium uptake from the Epsoms salts and the relaxation of the warm soak in a tub of water.

When soothing a wounded Endocannabinoid system you’re looking for ways to soften the responses and release as much internal tension as possible, to increase the sensitivity of the ECS. Soaking baths with Epsoms, canna oil and some drops of lavender oil added can go a long way to achieving that goal of “calm and peaceful” as it delivers cannabinoids and their partner components through mucus membranes and the skin.

And yes, you’re already deep into the regimen, but from the sound of it you’ve made excellent progress. As you’re learning, that gram a day regimen can be difficult to achieve and still function. Multiple pathways increase the chances of getting more numbers of healing components into the system.

With suppositories you can begin to get the numbers up to that gram a day, if that’s what you choose to do, and you’ll still be able to function socially.

So.... no access to labs means you’ll have to listen more closely to what your body tells you, and make assumptions that will benefit you. It’s my strongest suggestion that you train yourself to expect with all your heart to come through this happier and healthier than you went in. There’s a powerful mind/body connection to the healing curve that benefits mightily from a confident expectation that the chosen regimen is the right one. Barring an oncologist with imaging technology to show you the progress you’re making, you’ll have to depend more on your inner voice.

Cancer isn’t the story of your life, it’s just a blip in the path of your journey. You’re using a powerful medicine, proven to be effective in strengthening the body’s natural resources. Dare to allow yourself to believe it’s working and fill every moment you can with the joy of knowing you’re helping your cells heal.

If that’s the best you can do at the moment then do that with all the joyful expectation you can pour into it. Your expectation lays the pathway your cells follow. Sometimes the diagnosis is so intimidating that it can be challenging to let the mind grab hold of the feeling of “healthy and whole.” Find that feeling and hang onto to it joyfully.

Yes.... it’s much easier for me to write about it than it is for you to live through it. We do the best we can with the resources at hand and keep our expectations in a joyful key. One day at a time gardengirl. That’s all we have. :hug::hug::hug:
Again,thank you for this. I also appreciate very much your pep talks about healing and the mind. I agree. Ha, ha, though, I have berated myself for actually being too optimistic! I'm always sure that my regimen is working/will work. I got pulled up a bit short in May when I got the results of the biopsy from my chest wall. What an idiot! I thought it was large amounts of scar tissue but its all crap - I call it tree fungus.
I will try the raw bud. I don't think I can spare oil for the baths. Supply has been a difficulty.
I was having trouble getting up to the gram per day even though most doses were suppository.
My question is, if one has a gram by weight of oil, how many mg of THC might be in it? I know that has large variation...

Again,thank you for this. I also appreciate very much your pep talks about healing and the mind. I agree. Ha, ha, though, I have berated myself for actually being too optimistic! I'm always sure that my regimen is working/will work. I got pulled up a bit short in May when I got the results of the biopsy from my chest wall. What an idiot! I thought it was large amounts of scar tissue but its all crap - I call it tree fungus.
I will try the raw bud. I don't think I can spare oil for the baths. Supply has been a difficulty.
I was having trouble getting up to the gram per day even though most doses were suppository.
My question is, if one has a gram by weight of oil, how many mg of THC might be in it? I know that has large variation...

A gram holds 1000 mg. Since I have no way to test, I use a loose standard of 15% THC value, no matter what I'm making the oil from. Pretty much all you buy falls into this category. So 15% of 1000 = 150 mg of THC in that gram.

I'm loving your humor. It's a good indicator in my book for survival.

@gardengirla, let me suggest the but significant subtle difference between optimism and deliberate thought. The way I look at it, optimism can get you through rough spots, but deliberately training yourself to always choose the thought that makes you feel better. A simple, but powerful distinction that I believe can make a big difference in the internal healing environment. :hug:

A gram holds 1000 mg. Since I have no way to test, I use a loose standard of 15% THC value, no matter what I'm making the oil from. Pretty much all you buy falls into this category. So 15% of 1000 = 150 mg of THC in that gram.

I'm loving your humor. It's a good indicator in my book for survival.
Oh! Then that is not good news. That would mean taking 2 gm of oil per day. I just don't know if I can do that. And would cost $4000 approximately.

Oh! Then that is not good news. That would mean taking 2 gm of oil per day. I just don't know if I can do that. And would cost $4000 approximately.

When we talk 300 mg daily we're talking total cannabinoids. Using the formulations we developed for the Biobombs you'll get results with less cannabis oils in the mix. The reason Cajun introduced us to the idea was to increase therapeutic effects while saving money and resources. By incorporating supplements to divert the liver enzymes you'll increase bioavaibility even further.

Try to avoid setting an unattainable goal. Cannabis is such an individual medicine that it's best to listen to your own cells. They'll tell you, as yours did, when the dose is too high. Find a point where your system feels comfortable, using what resources you have, and stay there. That 300 mg a day is still a mighty big hammer for a system that prefers a feather's touch. It'll take time, time you'll fill with love, laughter, and joy.

Yeah.... I'm pretty relentless with the joy thing. I've reached an understanding that this may be the vibration that most benefits the ECS, and I appear to be on a mission to spread that message. :laughtwo: If it gets to be too much you can ask me to tone it down, and I will, as much as I can. :laughtwo:

David Schubert is a major player in pharmaceutical research, making big noise in the treatment of Alzheimer's and Parkenson's diseases by taking plant components known to be therapeutic and creating synthetic analogs that they then genetically modify to make them even more therapeutic, providing the body can accept those synthetic molecules and work with them.

Why bother with synthetic when we already know the benefits possible from the real, original components?

Because, as Mr. Schubert so elegantly explains at this point in the panel discussion, a plant-based molecule is a dead-end for pharmacology. There's no way any company will fund the research into a molecule they can't make money from.

The system is seriously flawed. :straightface: Such incredible bullshit that we'd have to undergo the side effects pharma drugs bring with them while we outlaw the true components. We have quite a way to go, don't we?

The projection is that by 2050 every other one of us will be diagnosed with dementia in one stage or another by the time we die. I'd like to believe we'll start looking closer at the benefits possible with cannabis therapeutics before it gets much worse.

Back
Top Bottom