SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

Zam x Pan in the bowl. It’ll be a good day stoneotter. :yahoo:

What fun do you have planned today?
Today's fun will include a get together with some of my sweethearts ex co-workers at our house. Some beer, pizza ,work war stories. They're a good bunch and might even catch a buzz with most of them. I had a big thrill today. The tut is going purple on her tops. I got the ladder out to see her progress and there it was! Big surprise. How bout you?
IMG_3854.jpg

Yeah. that add-on still does not exist (in any form that might be considered decent) for our platform. In other words, not our admin's fault; it's not like wishing your car had a nice stereo (that you could, technically, install at will) - it's more like wishing it was capable of flight, lol (cannot currently install that option (for all intents and purposes)).

A lot of folks might not like to read the above, but it's an accurate description of the current state of reality. It's not just out of our hands, it's out of "the boss' " hands, too.
Might be out of their hands but they are the ones who choose this platform along with all it’s limitations. There is a complete plugin API so all it would take to add blogs is a little money thrown at a developer. I’ve researched this forum software and found their sales efforts are far superior to their technical support which generally leads to these kind of problems.
:passitleft:

Might be out of their hands but they are the ones who choose this platform along with all it’s limitations. There is a complete plugin API so all it would take to add blogs is a little money thrown at a developer. I’ve researched this forum software and found their sales efforts are far superior to their technical support which generally leads to these kind of problems.

Yeah she is. She has poofs

Those poofs turn into snowballs that smell like candy, which is what comes to mind when you get a whiff of Red Diesel.

I love the way the fans embrace the buds. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Another day or two and she’ll be ready to cob up. :slide:

I’ll be wanting a nice place to dry in NOLA. Hmmm....inside that shouldn’t be a problem. It’s pretty humid here too, but not so humid as to be problematic in a breezeway.

Most of my drying was done low and slo before cobs. Lol!

Be still my heart

You and me both. Lol! I’m a linear artist. Drying cannabis gets my blood going faster. :battingeyelashes:

Oops! 13 seconds too soon. Lol!

You and me both. Lol! I’m a linear artist. Drying cannabis gets my blood going faster. :battingeyelashes:

Oops! 13 seconds too soon. Lol!
This whole cannabis growing gets me too. I just had a nice walk in the rain visiting the girls mostly to get out of the house. I'm getting to be an outdoor dog again (in a very small way) it's been a long time.

I should have put in a request for a few cuttings when you had a house full of plants, lol. Didn't expect to have another chance to visit before you moved 1,000 miles farther away.

This whole cannabis growing gets me too. I just had a nice walk in the rain visiting the girls mostly to get out of the house. I'm getting to be an outdoor dog again (in a very small way) it's been a long time.

It’s been a blessing to be so close to a walking path along the river. In four miles better than three of them are removed from the traffic noises. Birdsong is a blessed respite to whelks on wet pavement, soothing as that sound can be. I’ve of a mind to be outdoors every day, something I’ve done here.

I so look forward to wandering around my new neighborhood, getting to know the weather patterns. My view here is spectacular, allowing me to watch storms moving in. The daughter and I were watching one just a bit ago. :battingeyelashes:

My new perch is way outside the city center and closer to wild areas. I’m excited for the change. For 38 years traffic noise has been a constant companion to my days. It’s gonna feel weird for the first week or so. A welcome kinda weird.

I should have put in a request for a few cuttings when you had a house full of plants, lol. Didn't expect to have another chance to visit before you moved 1,000 miles farther away.

You never know TS. :hug:

I do know there won’t be any cuttings. There’ll be other compensations. :battingeyelashes:

It’s been a blessing to be so close to a walking path along the river. In four miles better than three of them are removed from the traffic noises. Birdsong is a blessed respite to whelks on wet pavement, soothing as that sound can be. I’ve of a mind to be outdoors every day, something I’ve done here.

I so look forward to wandering around my new neighborhood, getting to know the weather patterns. My view here is spectacular, allowing me to watch storms moving in. The daughter and I were watching one just a bit ago. :battingeyelashes:

My new perch is way outside the city center and closer to wild areas. I’m excited for the change. For 38 years traffic noise has been a constant companion to my days. It’s gonna feel weird for the first week or so. A welcome kinda weird.
That's exciting. It won't take long for you. In the short time I've known you here I've seen you attract a month stay in order to grow almost your whole garden. I can't really imagine what the next things are, but I know it's going to be good.

Be like walking in a kitchen, I suppose? (Things will get baked ;).)

I'm just in it for the chance to interact without the electronic gizmos. And to see if we get passed like we're sitting still - when going 98 MPH - by some clown in a McLaren who'd just swerved over from the left lane into the very end of the onramp at 140+ to do it. Again.

Maybe I can get my driver to bring his Nikon D3300 DSLR along this time. By the time I got my phone out and switched to its camera app, that car was GONE.

Not to mention it was promised, fairly emphatically at the time ... I was planning to approach RG about this after the emoji restoration ‘project’... but seeing as that seems to have landed in the ‘ignore’ basket, I might go straight to ‘lobbying’ for the blogs. And if they can’t reinstate them, folks should probably be told and also have the option of getting access to them in some form (we were told they still exist)...

Oops... nearly walked off with it!

Hiya SweetSe,

I'll come and chat even though you only have 1 lady looking good. I must say, you're doing a swell job with your candy cane!

I’m feeling a little lost with so few plants to tend. Lol!

That would make you an "empty nester". Don't ya think?

Weren't you doing a carnival cob today? How'd that go?

Oh, I took some pics of the purple in the outdoor carnivals I've been posting in the carnival thread.

Who's getting your clones? Cya

Edit: I wrote this message before I had all the messages after your wake and bake message. Sorry.

I generally dislike playing "devil's advocate," but:

Lol.

Without getting too specific (which is frowned upon, for various reasons), I know a little bit about the software, too. I also know that there's one decent blog plug-in for it, for an older version of the software - and, even for that one, said developer is not currently offering it up for new sales. For whatever reason. And that's a shame, because the guy is/was prompt at issuing fixes whenever bugs were found - and always got back with people who had support questions within hours if not minutes. Perhaps he began to feel somewhat overwhelmed, I don't know.

Now as to your suggestion to "throw money at a developer," lol... Seems like that's what was done to the developer of the "420 Magazine phone app" - and he decided to f*ck off back to China or wherever and leave folks high and dry. In addition to that rather bad experience... People have been griping about the lack of a decent blog plug-in for at least eight years, FFS - yet, in all that time, ONE guy stepped up to the plate and actually bothered to write decent code to fill the "perceived glaring hole in functionality." And a (very) few half-arsed attempts (at least one of which wasn't even actually a blog).

I live in "linux land" where the dollar isn't often the prime motivator. So maybe this colors my thinking, that if a person wants a thing, they create it - and, if they feel that there might be a chance that someone else will find it to be useful, they release it to the public. But I also do a lot of painting (or used to do a lot of it :rolleyes: ) . In other words, I've worked for a lot of different people instead of just one "boss." I don't approach people (or get approached by people) and say, "Well, sure, I could paint the walls and ceilings in five rooms for you. But you'll have to throw some money at me, first." I do the job and then get paid.

Specifically in regards to this forum: Are there people who'd appreciate a blog plug-in? Sure. Do they constitute a majority - or even a significant minority - of our 145,000+ members? Well, just look at the available evidence; we've had a lot of complaints... from a few members. We had some blogs on the previous forum software. Undoubtedly more blog entries than we have members complaining now, yes - but the total number of them was just a fraction of a fraction... of a very small fraction of our three and a half million forum messages :rolleyes: .

Speaking in terms of our forum software in general (across all the hundreds or even thousands of forums on the Internet that run it): Are there people who'd appreciate a blog plug-in? Again, the answer is yes. But also again, it has been a very few, very vocal people griping about it.

Consider: ONE decent blog plug-in, and that one not even available to new customers. LOTS of installs of this forum software. Ergo, if someone were to write a good one, they could be expected to make at least some sales, yes? Apparently, these developers have more or less all decided that the money they'd make from potential sales is low enough... to not be worth their time.

As you, yourself, mentioned, there is a plug-in API. Where are all the blog plug-ins? Lol.

Not to mention it was promised, fairly emphatically at the time ... I was planning to approach RG about this after the emoji restoration ‘project’... but seeing as that seems to have landed in the ‘ignore’ basket, I might go straight to ‘lobbying’ for the blogs. And if they can’t reinstate them, folks should probably be told and also have the option of getting access to them in some form (we were told they still exist)...

Yeah, it was promised. I'm guessing that the person who made that promise did so with good intentions. I don't know whether or not YOU have ever made a promise and, through a combination of ignorance of the reality of the situation and the action - or inaction - of other people, been forced to break that promise. But I have. I've felt bad about it. But my feelings didn't serve to change reality.

Another thing I don't know about you is whether or not you've ever done a thing... and gotten griped at for it long after that thing was done. I was married once, so I sure have. About two years into a nine-year marriage, I broke a bric-à-brac. It was just one of those little accidents, regrettable but an accident. I was still hearing about it deep into the ninth year of that relationship. At what point does such bitching and moaning stop being warranted? In that case, I figured I might have deserved some of it. Say... IDK... The first 25 times or so I had to hear it? Call that part "deserved punishment," I guess. But after a while, it started feeling more like abuse. I stopped wishing I'd not done the thing - and started wishing the person would just go away. <SHRUGS>

And if they can’t reinstate them, folks should probably be told

I believe I read a post regarding that some while back.

(we were told they still exist)...

The usual procedure before changing forum software - or even doing a major version upgrade of the existing software - is to perform a backup of the database. One assumes this practice was followed here.

and also have the option of getting access to them in some form

LOL. You hoping to get a copy of that database backup? I... don't really see that happening.

When I read that there was going to be a switch to a new forum software, I took the step of using the previous forum's option to download all of my private messages into a nice file. I also chose to save copies of "a few" threads. I actually had three blog entries. If I'd felt any attachment to them whatsoever, I'd have made copies of them, too.

Common sense often seems like a good idea. If not when it is being used... at least afterwards, when one is regretting that he/she didn't use it. In terms of "computer stuff," people have been warned to back up data that they considered to be important since, IDK... the 1950s?

If you want an alternative to the "blog thing," why not simply create a thread or two in one of our off-topic forums? SweetSue has some, as does Hash Girl and others. Considering how focused on the subject of cannabis Rob is, I consider it a kindness that he added the off-topic section. We didn't always have one. Why not use it?

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but what, specifically, did you have with the old blog thing that you cannot have by creating a thread? Maybe that thing can be addressed somehow without requiring a blog?

(somewhat facetiously) If it's just the fact that the things were called "Blogs," maybe he could be talked into adding an off-topic area called "Blogs" :p ?

Sue, I apologize for going off the rails topic. It would have been a minor PITA to create a new thread and pull the above quoted text into it.

Back
Top Bottom