SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

I use the waxed type. There's a little bit of stretch to it, but it's not bad (over a reasonable length run, lol). And there's a handy cutter right on the package. I like to use double-edged razor blades to make the angled partial cuts into the stems, both because they seem to be sharper, longer, and because of the second cutting edge - but they can be a bit of a pain to hold onto while using. For small amounts, I've used cardboard boxes with multiple rows and levels. For a permanent, occasional area I'll get some of the smaller screw hooks, but I suppose screws or even bent nails would work. Again, with a reasonable weight hanging from the stuff. When finished, the floss can go in the trash. I will cut it into smaller length pieces (if appropriate) just in case an animal could get hold of the stuff in my trash, but that's highly unlikely (here).

<SHRUGS> I just happened to come home one day, find a plant ready to harvest, do that... and realize that I didn't have anything set up for a drying area. Was running through the bathroom (in a ~200-year old farmhouse with a decidedly odd layout) panicking brainstorming when I happened to think of the dental floss; I had a toothache :rolleyes: .
Necessity = Mother of invention

I had 3 or 4 puffs Amy

Sue I tried to text you this after your last text but my flip wouldn't let me
anyway
The plant was getting real big and then over the last two weeks, droopy and the claw
Then this afternoon I see a few mites so I chopped her and cleaned the closet real good.
She was the only plant in the closet at that time.
I was still in a rage over loosing 2/3 of my outdoor plant to bud rot and worms..o_O

I transplanted a Jack Herer into another bag of the same soil. If the same thing happens with the droop/claw there's something wrong with something and I'll have to do something about that something .
Sorry for your loss. That's a lot.

Thanks Doob. :hug: You beat me to it. :battingeyelashes:

Amy, I start them out in the floor and gradually move them up until they’re about 24-36” from the light. Once they have roots they grab the soil fairly quickly with the kit, but you want to be gentle with them as they grow those first roots. Too much light any they’re trying to go bushy when you want them to grow roots.

@Hash Hound, what a frustration, eh? The joys of outdoor gardens brought indoors. Sometimes critters come in with you.

I’m thinking when I’m in NOLA I’ll set up separate clothes to wear when I work on the indoor plants. I’ll be far enough out of the city and with a yard that I’m certain I’ll run a risk of introducing insect life into my indoor gardens if I’m not careful with containment practices.

Your experience is reinforcing my plans.
I infected the tent with bugs I'm almost sure from having an in and out door garden. Good idea if possible. I'm lazy so I don
t know if I can be trusted to change so I'm only in the yard now. You're almost there!

I swear one of the best Crawdaddy I've ever ate, even some nice meat in his legs and claws

F-U-N Fun baby!
Did it come out of fresh water? Seems significantly bigger than the fresh water one's I've ever seen. Ours grow in brackish water an get enormous... yours would be a smallish one in a crawfish boil. We don't bother with the side meat and just pull out the tail meat and suck out the heads... the rest goes into a hole in the middle of the table with a well lined garbage can underneath. I can't even begin to imagine their taste BBQd on the grill.... but now I have some plans!

F-U-N Fun baby!
Did it come out of fresh water? Seems significantly bigger than the fresh water one's I've ever seen. Ours grow in brackish water an get enormous... yours would be a smallish one in a crawfish boil. We don't bother with the side meat and just pull out the tail meat and suck out the heads... the rest goes into a hole in the middle of the table with a well lined garbage can underneath. I can't even begin to imagine their taste BBQd on the grill.... but now I have some plans!
Yes fresh water Mt lake. It was pretty big for sure, I was impressed by his claws and meat in them, bummer no others came to eat the guts I tossed out to lure em in

I've taken Dungeness Crab, boiled, then crack some of the claws and put the leg section on the grill with seafood or Cajun seasoning, oh my my, such a great flavor

Ya gotta try some, more work with Crawdaddy but I bet you'd like it

I'll bet the Zamaldelica x Panama is outstanding - and getting better every day.

You'd be correct about the Zam X Pan TS. I'm amazed every day at how she keeps getting more and more fragrant. And Mmmm..... tasty.

Just came to say high and see what page you were on. Almost 100???? Go get em Susan! I got a job working in the industry. It's been pretty Greta hope all has been well for you. I can tell from that Notm submission you're growing in top form. Very nice!

Working in the business Dabber? :yahoo: See how out of touch I am these days? In what capacity?

And thank you kind sir, for the compliment. Cola Monster liked that picture too. Made me feel kinda special. :battingeyelashes:

You keep sweating those girls and you'll end up with lots of red!

MrG named your new spot "Sweet Sue's National Forest". Tead's way down with that action! We need a sign.... a NOLA sign... along the lines of the "Be nice or leave" signs.... we'll have to make it.

What a cool sign!

I really like this one. :slide:

Was thinking about @SweetSue and @Tead yesterday

Was fishing, got a nice trout 6min after I started

He was floating on my fish line just off shore, next thing I know a dang Crawdaddy decided it was his....aaaa HELL NO!!!!....lol

So he came home as well, really big guy, boiled him and tossed him on the grill

I swear one of the best Crawdaddy I've ever ate, even some nice meat in his legs and claws

I can't wait to turn you loose in my kitchen. :battingeyelashes:
BBQ .... Now I got hungry.... :drool::drool::drool:

SweetSue's forest :hug::circle-of-love::hug:
Love the place already

Am I not the luckiest woman walking? :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

:hug::circle-of-love::hug:

Swan Song: Red Diesel (Day 92, Flip + 53)

She's scheduled for harvest in the morning.

I'm considering a partial harvest in the morning. I may leave the lower buds to go a few more days.

The rest of her is more than ready at 53 days.

@Chris Scorpio awesome catch brother! Looks like the trip north is treating you well sir.

@SweetSue I'm doing temp work kinda. But the idea is to find a company and get picked up by them. I was budtending some but now I'm weighing and packaging for one of the states largest concentrate producers. Ideally I would like to get a job with them soon.ive talked to the owner and such so it's looking real good.

Yeah that was certainly a frosty little guy. I always feel honored when CM rates or comments on my photos :D

It’s every bit as delicious as it looks Amy, and creates clouds of vapor and smoke. I may have to squish some. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Let’s get the brief show going, shall we? :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Weekly Update: Friday, September 21, 2018
Got this in the mail and it made me giggle. Hehehe! Thought you might appreciate the laugh too. :laughtwo:

Clone cuttings:

Just the two of them at the moment, and I’m in no rush to get them growing strong. Candy Cane got 1/4 nutrients today.

She looks like she’s gonna be the proud mother of a long line of future harvests. :blunt:

The Royal Gorilla has no root signs yet. Every time I watch the daughter vape her supply it reinforces my resolve to grow it continuously.

Take your time little ones. You have a journey before you can cut loose.

They’re gonna give me a jump start in NOLA. :yahoo:

Tent # 3

Ahhhh......

I stop by here periodically to soak it all in. It’ll be a little while before I have any of my own in bloom.

Eek! I forgot to kick the air on in this room yesterday and didn’t realize it until right before lights out. They looked like they loved it. Lol!

I’ve been more attentive since then. :battingeyelashes:

Red Diesel continues her gentle flush. I’m still getting some color in the runoff, and she’s still blooming. I’m inclined to let her keep going a few more days, or at least until I can’t afford to anymore, which by my estimate is next Wednesday.

Lower buds are super frosty. :slide: She smells like delicious fruitiness. :yahoo: I love fruity. :yahoo:

Upper buds aren’t too bad either. :battingeyelashes:

Candy Cane is beginning the taper off bloom nutes. This week it’s 14 ml of Parts A & B with only 4 ml of Bulk and 1 ml of Energy for every gallon of water used. Next week begins her last week of nutes. She can come down two days before I leave and I’ll have time to process her into FHO and make capsules from the whole harvest.

It’ll probably take a whole day to fill the capsules. Lol!

She’s starting the dieback of pistils, a trigger for massive flowering. This should be fun to watch. She’ll have the tent to herself soon.

The DDA cobbed materials went into the fermentation stage today. Mmmmmmm......

It’s about time to start processing all this and preparing what I’m leaving for the daughter. With so few to care for and so much already packed up I’ll have lots of time to devote to making medicine and labeling the flowers.

Next girl to be cobbed. :green_heart:

That, ladies and gentlemen, ends this week’s speedy tour. We thank you for stopping to admire. They make me look good when the truth is the less I have to do with them the better they do. Lol!

I’m heading back to the house now. I’ll catch up in a little while. :ciao:
Energy Shaming. I get it too. We're bad people...NOT

Well, guess we found our new retreat location

Tells /SELF, "Don't make an off-color joke. Don't make an off-color joke. Don't make an off-color joke..."

;)

View media item 1607064
View media item 1607068
View media item 1607065
At first glance they looked immature, but aside from one obvious one they all have good markings, just softer in color. I’ll see if I can get one to germinate. :battingeyelashes:

View media item 1607066
These look real ready. :slide:

View media item 1607067
Future resources, for use and sharing. :battingeyelashes:

View media item 1607069
Although I had nothing to do with the seeding I still have a deep feeling of satisfaction. :blunt:

So I went and jarred up the Carn. :yahoo:

Jarring it up: Carnival 5

I’ll need space for the Red Diesel buds that don’t get cobbed. Carn was accommodating and feel right within the parameters for being jarred. The buds set steady at 65%. :slide:

View media item 1607070
View media item 1607071
View media item 1607072
View media item 1607073
View media item 1607074
I’ll keep an eye on the jar to see if the RH changes as the evening progresses. I have rice on hand to adjust.

scheduled for harvest in the morning.

full
Simply stunning swansong! What a looker! :D ☺️

those seeds fems or regs?
Label in the pic says self-seeded ;)

Sue are those seeds fems or regs?

I’m pretty sure it’s a fem Hash Hound. I’ll be seeing J later this evening. I’ll ask him. :battingeyelashes:

Simply stunning swansong! What a looker! :D ☺️

Label in the pic says self-seeded ;)

You always wonder when seeds appear. Lol!

Thanks Amy. I enjoy growing the plant and I like the buzz. I gave away the cob because I knew I’d be fermenting most of this girl.

She sure poses nicely for the camera, doesn’t she?

Back
Top Bottom