SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

Technically, you can. Obviously, they'll be the same age as the mother, so it would appear to be a pointless activity.

I'll be planting some in small containers at a dense spacing, so I will most likely be removing lower branches. IF there is any room (with luck there won't be ;) ), I might stick several of them into a small rectangular pot I have. Assuming that they all root and grow...

...they'll probably only produce a gram or three each. But if I have five, that's five to 15 grams - produced from "waste."

If there isn't room, I'll probably still root one as a curiosity. But that won't add to my knowledge, because it'll just be somewhere in the house, cold and terribly under-illuminated (so I wouldn't expect it to produce in any event).

I do find myself wondering... if one of those lower branches were stuck into a large - deep - container of soil mix, after it roots, would the plant become larger than expected because the roots will be able to grow downwards, at least for a time, before meeting the obstruction of the bottom of the pot? Following generally accepted belief, no, because it'd already be on its way to the end by the time that the branch formed in the first place and then had time to root. However... I would not care to bet one way or the other.

I've been sort of ambivalent (which looks much better in print than wishy-washy, I suppose) about bothering with a journal or even posting pictures at this time. But I seem to be heading in that direction. Tomorrow - meaning whenever I get up, since it's already far closer to dawn than the past midnight :icon_roll - I'll upload and post a picture of the Train Wreck Auto still in its cup. I'll do the same for the White Widow Auto, too. That's assuming that I remember, of course. And I hope I do, lol, because if I forget, I doubt I'll remember to transplant them.

The possibility exists... that I could benefit from a little <NUDGE> if/when I forget. I've considered myself to be lazy. But I don't know. Maybe that's not it? When I begin Howevera thing, I tend to keep at it regradless of sweat, pain (, blood, tears ;) ), or lack of visible progress. It's just "getting around to it." Managing to begin. <SHRUGS> Seems like a thing with depression, one spends an awful lot of time just sitting - or, worse, laying - around staring at nothing. Like... IDK, like falling down a well and not knowing how to climb out. Even the ground just seems so far out of reach. I spend a lot of time ignoring all that crap (translation: telling myself that I'm ignoring it), but sometimes - like now - in the wee hours, I realize that I am greatly affected, nonetheless. I think even on those increasingly rare occasions when I can fire one up and get high, I'm still... I just manage to ignore it then. IDK. Some days even simple decisions seem daunting. An hour or so ago, I realized I hadn't gotten around to eating again. So I went down to the kitchen, thought that I ought to just grab something quick so that I could have it made and eaten in five minutes and get to bed. I must have stood there for 20 minutes or more - just stood there. Finally, I turned around to go to bed and saw a little bag of microwaveable popcorn, so I stuck it in for a couple minutes, long enough to pop half of it, and that's what I just ate. I could have opened a can of something and stuck it on the stove burner, heated it, and eaten it in less time than I spent just standing in the kitchen :rolleyes3 . I don't just have spells when I can't decide something, I seem to be... disconnecting more and more. Who knows, lol? At least when you're like this, you don't find yourself getting sad all that often. It's like the meds the pshrinks give you when they're playing Pill Roulette with your head as the game board - flatline. Unfortunately, that comes and goes, so one can't even depend on it. Life, I guess. You can't win - and it takes too long to play.

Cloning autos never pans out the way one imagines, unless one imagines plants that amount to little or nothing but leaves and a few hairs. :laughtwo: Autos are on a set timeline. You're going to take a week or two rooting, and they'll be as old going into the rooting stage as the mother you trimmed from, so you're losing everything before that point in growth and development time.

We did have a member last year in Oregon who had his stunted in the heat and they kept growing for a month longer than the projected timeline. He got a joint out of each. :laughtwo:

Grow it out in the solo cup. There's a thread that just ran, or may be running still, where they all did autos in solo cups or the equivalent. You'll get more out of it, in my opinion, if you leave it be and coax it to harvest in that cup.

Having said that, there's no reason not to expect roots to grow in a larger chunk of soil. They just won't grow as aggressively as they do in veg.

Hash Hound, I'll be emptying out the early bloom tent for the dedicated grow. That means I'll need to set up another space for the 3500K COBs. I suppose I could retire them for the 5-6 months, but what I'm really thinking is I need one more 2x2 tent.

I'll have to move a little heaven and earth to make that happen. Right up my alley. :cheesygrinsmiley:

don't pack them up just yet.
I'm having doubts one 84w draw light will fill your tent

but I guess that is what a demo grow is all about

I'm having doubts one 84w draw light will fill your tent

but I guess that is what a demo grow is all about

Indeed. If a sponsor states that the "core coverage" of a light is adequate for a 2'x2' space, I take that to mean that it should be able to flower plants in that space with no issues due to inadequate light. That kind of thing needs to be proven (or proved to be incorrect). If it turns out to be true, great! The verification helps the company and its potential customers. If it doesn't, and the company used a "best guess" for their specifications, it will still be helpful because they can change their specs, improve their product, or both. (If they just used statements that they thought would be likely to sell the most lights, lol, it'd tend to help the customers more than the company :rolleyes3 .)

That's why I'm happy to read that Sue is planning on devoting a separate 2'x2' space for this light. It won't be placed in the corner of a much larger space, where some of the light will be lost (in terms of that 2'x2' space) due to not having reflective walls to confine it - and it won't be able to benefit from any possible "third light effect" from other lights sharing the same general space. We'll be able to get a much more accurate picture of what THIS product is capable of doing in its advertised "best use" space.

:thumb:

Cloning autos never pans out the way one imagines, unless one imagines plants that amount to little or nothing but leaves and a few hairs. :laughtwo:

I guess that is worthy of one of those goofy virtual hug things. Because... yeah. Me, too, lol.

Autos are on a set timeline.

Yes, well... sort of. Too much nitrogen given early and often seems to be capable of delaying the onset of flowering. Confining the roots to a very small container seems to cause an earlier onset of flowering (and may reduce the flowering period length, but IDK). Sprout two autoflowering seeds (okay, since they're not clones from the same mother, sprout 1,000 and go by averages instead of single examples), and plant one (or 500) indoors - and plant the other one (or 500) outdoors - and they may not finish on the same day.

There are probably other things that I'm not familiar with. For example, will a topped autoflower finish at the same time that one that has merely been trained? What if someone screws around with the light cycles... Will an auto-flowering plant that has been grown start to finish under 12/12 finish at the same time that one that was grown start to finish under 18/6 (or 20/4, or 24/0)? How about if I start with 12/12, then switch to 18/6 (et cetera) either when still in vegetative, during the transitional "stretch" period of flowering, or during the post-stretch flowering period? Or, conversely, what if I start with a high number of day hours and low number of dark ones, but then switch - sort of the opposite of the previous?

How about watering? If I give a plant adequate water all the way through, will it finish quicker - or slower - than one that routinely gets too little?

Has anyone tested ALL of these things? And done so with enough examples to cover the very real possibility that the results can be skewed by the existence of multiple phenotypes in seeds of the same strain? I certainly do not have the ability to do so. But all of this makes me curious.

You're going to take a week or two rooting, and they'll be as old going into the rooting stage as the mother you trimmed from, so you're losing everything before that point in growth and development time.

If the "mother" takes (random numbers ahead!) 93 days, start to finish, and I take a cutting on day 27... and that cutting takes nine days to root... does it also finish exactly 93 days after the mother sprouted?

Or is this sort of a generality? Might such a process contribute - at least somewhat - to the variability of the overall number of days it takes to get to harvest?

IDK. I really couldn't even hazard a guess; I just don't have the experience.

We did have a member last year in Oregon who had his stunted in the heat and they kept growing for a month longer than the projected timeline. He got a joint out of each. :laughtwo:

The friend of mine that you met? If I called him and said, "Hey, old bud, I wanted to give you an ounce, but I only managed to harvest enough to roll you a joint," the very FIRST words I would hear would be, "Thank you!"

Again, lol, how many Solo cups will fit into a 3'x3' space? Okay, not enough to make it worthwhile to grow "joint plants." But roots will grow during flowering too, won't they? I'd guess that up-potting now would still provide a quantifiable benefit come harvest time. I just have no idea whether it's enough to be worthwhile. I do sort of get the feeling that a strain named "Train Wreck" (even an auto-flowering "version") will benefit from an enlarged root zone at almost any time before harvest. IDK² (The Sequel).

Grow it out in the solo cup.

Oh, I'm so sorely tempted I can already feel the bruises ;) . I want Cheech & Chong's swimming pool grow space, 64,000 watts of light, and a non-functional electric meter, lol.

You'll get more out of it, in my opinion, if you leave it be and coax it to harvest in that cup.

Are you thinking that transplant shock will be that big of a factor? To be honest, I find myself placing more value on the Solo cup that it's growing in than I do on the plant. I have more seeds - but I am almost completely out of the proverbial little red cups. So I am not willing to cut it into multiple pieces so as to not screw with the root zone. If I do transplant it, I'll be rolling it around, pounding on the bottom, and yanking (okay, not so much, but... ) on the stem just like I usually do.

Having said that, there's no reason not to expect roots to grow in a larger chunk of soil. They just won't grow as aggressively as they do in veg.

So... I still have no idea?

Lol. I might have mentioned that I have spells where I can't decide even simple things. It could be that delaying makes THIS decision for me when it's all said and done.

I wish you were my neighbor! But 99% of the nearby buildings are houses, and they seem to rent for at least $300/month. And you probably wouldn't want me within arm's reach in any event, lol....

Surrounded by all this curious brilliance, is it any wonder my gardens shine? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

TS... :hug: What would I do without you? I'm certain the 80 watts will be sufficient through harvest. The new technology of lighting for cannabis cultivation is capable of much more than we were anticipating when the market started to take off like a rocket. This light runs cooler than competitors too, from what little I've picked up. That'll extend the life of the panel, something every consumer will appreciate. There's nothing more frustrating than taking down the light to discover that substandard harvest was due to burnt-out components. :straightface:

I have a lot to learn, don't I? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue. See,if,you can get all,the technical information not so much marketing data on the lights in use me most,popular. I'll,have a look,at,performance,compared,to,other,illumination,and reply. I am technically qualified to,do,this task. Yahoo and,awake,and,able..lol
Hi,sue....qt update.. followed the history,back,to,Greece. Just in time.i,forgot to take,the last bit of poison pill last night. This am I was sick . I delayed it.. I,got,busy. At,3pm about 36 hours in I felt ..withdrawal I wanted to feel it. Every hour I,spend there in withdrawal today , without added poison dosing, is two,hours less tomorrow maybe more. Ok pic is in camera ops isn't best camera.. 1 gram , two,buds one strawberry cough, other mine. It's sin mint cookies from seed in sack,weed. Love it. In prettiest wine glass you got. Add weed. Let sit, squeeze bud against gals you can feel the sticky washh into the red wine . I only could wait 30 minutes , I had taken. Dose of morphine 36mhours in, but it's slow release. That issue. Whole drug supply is now percerted. The Greek method and a shower helped me break,that. Withdrawal ...pang. It's 7.. I'm not cooking I need food ordering Chinese. I'm sipping wine, with bud, I added 1/2 oz of red chianti wine to my steel finish cup. It has 200 mg oil and the side left over from first batch. It's now swimming in wine and my best oil. I have no pain now. I'm feel,played out thou. No that's ok. Maybe using this method that's it. Stay tuned. Real time legalized herion withdrawal, live on 420. See the,junkie twice...lol no needles that's a perversion too.

Sue. See,if,you can get all,the technical information not so much marketing data on the lights in use me most,popular. I'll,have a look,at,performance,compared,to,other,illumination,and reply. I am technically qualified to,do,this task. Yahoo and,awake,and,able..lol
Hi,sue....qt update.. followed the history,back,to,Greece. Just in time.i,forgot to take,the last bit of poison pill last night. This am I was sick . I delayed it.. I,got,busy. At,3pm about 36 hours in I felt ..withdrawal I wanted to feel it. Every hour I,spend there in withdrawal today , without added poison dosing, is two,hours less tomorrow maybe more. Ok pic is in camera ops isn't best camera.. 1 gram , two,buds one strawberry cough, other mine. It's sin mint cookies from seed in sack,weed. Love it. In prettiest wine glass you got. Add weed. Let sit, squeeze bud against gals you can feel the sticky washh into the red wine . I only could wait 30 minutes , I had taken. Dose of morphine 36mhours in, but it's slow release. That issue. Whole drug supply is now percerted. The Greek method and a shower helped me break,that. Withdrawal ...pang. It's 7.. I'm not cooking I need food ordering Chinese. I'm sipping wine, with bud, I added 1/2 oz of red chianti wine to my steel finish cup. It has 200 mg oil and the side left over from first batch. It's now swimming in wine and my best oil. I have no pain now. I'm feel,played out thou. No that's ok. Maybe using this method that's it. Stay tuned. Real time legalized herion withdrawal, live on 420. See the,junkie twice...lol no needles that's a perversion too.

Marc..... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You'll get through this. It takes massive doses doesn't it? You're eating better, and you're getting closer and closer to the end, that day when this is all ancient history.

Making plans

Sometime in the next month two of these girls, CBD Critical Cure 2.2.1 and Thin Mint GSC, will be harvested. Malawi and Dark Slide have both just started bloom, so they have another two months before they vacate. That means that I'll only have two spots open up in this tent.

IMG_181038.JPG

But I have three plants filling the early bloom tent, and this is the tent I'll be running the GROWant cycle with the clones in, so it has to empty out. That means the third plant will have to go into the tiny closet when Carnival 4.1 comes down.

IMG_180941.JPG

IMG_178735.JPG

I'm thinking Thin Mint GSC, because I'm pretty sure she's gonna be the biggest of the crew.

This means none of these girls will make it into the finish tent for another month and a half, at least. I have too many plants. :straightface: This is what happens when passion overrides reason. :laughtwo:

IMG_181141.JPG

Jgrowlove will take Chem Dawg,

IMG_18121.PNG

CBD Critical Cure 2.5,

IMG_18131.PNG

and Carnival 4.3. I'm so grateful that I don't have to uproot them. Thank you J. :hug:

IMG_1814.PNG

That'll leave me with this group. I can make this work, but now the challenge becomes holding them back until I can flower them.

IMG_181632.JPG

Devil's Carnival was the first to get her tops all chopped back again.

IMG_181744.JPG

IMG_181846.JPG

The Jamaican was second.

IMG_181933.JPG

IMG_182039.JPG

That buys me a little more time. We're gonna see a lot more of this treatment going forward. By the time they get to flowering there's a good chance they'll be big, beautiful bushes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I loaded everybody back in. Without UD 1.1 this was easier to do.

IMG_182134.JPG

And look..... No leaves pressed up against the curtain. :slide: Take your joy where you find it. :laughtwo:

IMG_182235.JPG

It's a basic plan, but I think it'll work. Two months is a long time to hold a plant back, and I'm attempting to hold a whole stable of them back. I think I'm gonna learn a lot about training. Lol!

LVMarc42, you're attempting this heroic feat by yourself? That's rough, tough, hardest way... and the most likely to actually STICK if you can manage it. I commend you, and wish you the best of luck. Someone who was once closer to me than my own skin had issues. I would need both hands to count the number of times she'd been in rehab just in the time I knew her. I guess some will "ease you through" withdrawal? I got the impression from her that this involved strong drugs and lots of not being conscious. The... pain of withdrawal was greatly lessened - as was the benefit, it turned out.

SweetSue, you can reduce a plant's pot/root mass size a good bit - IF you simultaneously greatly reduce the mass that's above ground. Also, if you need to keep a plant in the vegetative state (I've said it before, but I'll say it again: There has GOT to be a better word for it than "vegetative" :icon_roll .) so that you can keep the genetics and that particular phenotype... You can always take a cutting, root it, then toss the mother (or use in some manner if possible). Repeated four or five times and a jungle closet can become a nice, orderly, shelf. Obviously, the end result is an equal number of plants, but ones which are much smaller. Would this be an inconvenience? Two months would allow you the time to grow them back to original size (+/-) if you have the space/etc. Or you could keep them small (runaway sativas might require taking a cutting from a cutting... from a cutting, lol). I'm still smarting over allowing plants to become way too big in vegetative growth phase. I should have followed my own advice.

Actually, I did, to an extent - I have a Jack Herer clone living in the usual red cup. I wish I could bring it up; it'd fit nicely into your upcoming sponsored grow (alone, and with an eye toward not letting it slap the ceiling before it even gets to the flowering phase ;) ). I think, as a sativa lover, you'd like it. It's more... It has indica in it, but not so much to put you down, more like just enough to turn that tap into a 75-pound jackhammer and to lengthen the buzz. A goofy, giggly, kind of get up and go, I guess. It's great for road trips if you're okay with heading across town and ending up in downtown Phoenix by mistake. Pretty good for corporate (IOW, not landrace) cannabis. It's the Sensi Seeds original. Their seeds run from very reasonable (their Mexican Sativa, a cross between an Oaxacan sativa and a Durban Poison, with a little Pakistani hash plant to reduce flowering time and add cold-weather tolerance, backcrossed to the Oaxacan, is only $50.48 for ten seeds) to premium-class pricing... and they sell the Jack Herer for $193.56/10 regular and $207.81/10 feminized, lol. So they think a lot of it, too. AND...

IDK why I was so determined to keep a cutting, since I'll be growing auto-flowering strains at 18/6.

Indeed. If a sponsor states that the "core coverage" of a light is adequate for a 2'x2' space, I take that to mean that it should be able to flower plants in that space with no issues due to inadequate light. That kind of thing needs to be proven (or proved to be incorrect). If it turns out to be true, great! The verification helps the company and its potential customers. If it doesn't, and the company used a "best guess" for their specifications, it will still be helpful because they can change their specs, improve their product, or both. (If they just used statements that they thought would be likely to sell the most lights, lol, it'd tend to help the customers more than the company :rolleyes3 .)

That's why I'm happy to read that Sue is planning on devoting a separate 2'x2' space for this light. It won't be placed in the corner of a much larger space, where some of the light will be lost (in terms of that 2'x2' space) due to not having reflective walls to confine it - and it won't be able to benefit from any possible "third light effect" from other lights sharing the same general space. We'll be able to get a much more accurate picture of what THIS product is capable of doing in its advertised "best use" space.

:thumb:

This was my feeling when I accepted the sponsorship. He'd made no request to this effect, but how can we get a fair determination of the panel's abilities to match what I already have going if I don't dedicate a tent to the panel? They were pleased that I took the initiative to offer. I want to see what it can do from start to finish, and in order to do the demonstration justice that dedicated tent is a must, IMO.

TorturedSoul said:
I guess that is worthy of one of those goofy virtual hug things. Because... yeah. Me, too, lol.

Here ya go, I have some to spare. :laughtwo: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

TorturedSoul said:
Yes, well... sort of. Too much nitrogen given early and often seems to be capable of delaying the onset of flowering. Confining the roots to a very small container seems to cause an earlier onset of flowering (and may reduce the flowering period length, but IDK). Sprout two autoflowering seeds (okay, since they're not clones from the same mother, sprout 1,000 and go by averages instead of single examples), and plant one (or 500) indoors - and plant the other one (or 500) outdoors - and they may not finish on the same day.

There are probably other things that I'm not familiar with. For example, will a topped autoflower finish at the same time that one that has merely been trained? What if someone screws around with the light cycles... Will an auto-flowering plant that has been grown start to finish under 12/12 finish at the same time that one that was grown start to finish under 18/6 (or 20/4, or 24/0)? How about if I start with 12/12, then switch to 18/6 (et cetera) either when still in vegetative, during the transitional "stretch" period of flowering, or during the post-stretch flowering period? Or, conversely, what if I start with a high number of day hours and low number of dark ones, but then switch - sort of the opposite of the previous?

How about watering? If I give a plant adequate water all the way through, will it finish quicker - or slower - than one that routinely gets too little?

Has anyone tested ALL of these things? And done so with enough examples to cover the very real possibility that the results can be skewed by the existence of multiple phenotypes in seeds of the same strain? I certainly do not have the ability to do so. But all of this makes me curious.

If the "mother" takes (random numbers ahead!) 93 days, start to finish, and I take a cutting on day 27... and that cutting takes nine days to root... does it also finish exactly 93 days after the mother sprouted?

Or is this sort of a generality? Might such a process contribute - at least somewhat - to the variability of the overall number of days it takes to get to harvest?

IDK. I really couldn't even hazard a guess; I just don't have the experience.

I'm sure if you tracked down A-Train on that network that specializes in Autoflowering plants, they've already answered every question you presented here and a few you haven't articulated yet. :battingeyelashes:

TorturedSoul said:
The friend of mine that you met? If I called him and said, "Hey, old bud, I wanted to give you an ounce, but I only managed to harvest enough to roll you a joint," the very FIRST words I would hear would be, "Thank you!"

I can see the sparkle in his eyes. :laughtwo:

TorturedSoul said:
Again, lol, how many Solo cups will fit into a 3'x3' space? Okay, not enough to make it worthwhile to grow "joint plants." But roots will grow during flowering too, won't they? I'd guess that up-potting now would still provide a quantifiable benefit come harvest time. I just have no idea whether it's enough to be worthwhile. I do sort of get the feeling that a strain named "Train Wreck" (even an auto-flowering "version") will benefit from an enlarged root zone at almost any time before harvest. IDK² (The Sequel).

Actually, this has been proven to be a good way to grow enough plants to keep yourself supplied with enough fresh cannabis to juice every day to the level that would cure just about anything that might be wrong with you. Budscicles fill the space with apical colas, the most potent oil-producing part of the plant. So this is a better idea than you considered it.

TorturedSoul said:
Oh, I'm so sorely tempted I can already feel the bruises ;) . I want Cheech & Chong's swimming pool grow space, 64,000 watts of light, and a non-functional electric meter, lol.

Don't leave out a state-of-the-art processing room with a nice CO2 extraction unit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

TorturedSoul said:
Are you thinking that transplant shock will be that big of a factor? To be honest, I find myself placing more value on the Solo cup that it's growing in than I do on the plant. I have more seeds - but I am almost completely out of the proverbial little red cups. So I am not willing to cut it into multiple pieces so as to not screw with the root zone. If I do transplant it, I'll be rolling it around, pounding on the bottom, and yanking (okay, not so much, but... ) on the stem just like I usually do.

I have transplanted autos and had no shock. In fact, I can't recall a single instance where I transplanted and the plant didn't do a little dance of joy to have more root space to play in.

TorturedSoul said:
So... I still have no idea?

Lol. I might have mentioned that I have spells where I can't decide even simple things. It could be that delaying makes THIS decision for me when it's all said and done.

That's too funny. :laughtwo: My daughter's had a lifelong aversion to making a firm decision. Lol! That tendency is one of the ones that dropped away with her capsule regimen. Maybe I should send you some? :battingeyelashes:

TorturedSoul said:
I wish you were my neighbor! But 99% of the nearby buildings are houses, and they seem to rent for at least $300/month. And you probably wouldn't want me within arm's reach in any event, lol....

Haha! You should be aware by now that I'd thoroughly enjoy having you as a neighbor. All your little quirks are kind of endearing TS. If we were neighbors I'd have you on a regular regimen and keeping you supplied in smokable product so you could get a plant to harvest without dismembering it piece-by-piece. :laughtwo: I know we'd have fun. I like your town too, but my goal is west. Somewhere legal to grow. :green_heart:

LVMarc42, you're attempting this heroic feat by yourself? That's rough, tough, hardest way... and the most likely to actually STICK if you can manage it. I commend you, and wish you the best of luck. Someone who was once closer to me than my own skin had issues. I would need both hands to count the number of times she'd been in rehab just in the time I knew her. I guess some will "ease you through" withdrawal? I got the impression from her that this involved strong drugs and lots of not being conscious. The... pain of withdrawal was greatly lessened - as was the benefit, it turned out.

Attempting this withdrawal process with cannabis requires CCO. This is a job for the big guns. Marc is using an insane amount of oil to get through to freedom. Hizzy did the same thing earlier this year. He's still working through it, although I'm certain he's all off the opioids now. It's not an easy thing at all, and I've discovered that most have to do it on their own. The doctors that would be helpful have no training in cannabinoid therapies and have weak understanding of the power and function of the ECS. They also have this dangerous proclivity to drug test for cannabis and heartlessly cut you off from the addictive substances they've been feeding you if cannabis comes back on the screening, despite the irrefutable evidence that cannabis potentiates opioids, so you can reduce and eliminate the dangerous pharma drugs by always using them with cannabis.

Never let an opiod cross your lips without the dose of full-plant THC.

TorturedSoul said:
SweetSue, you can reduce a plant's pot/root mass size a good bit - IF you simultaneously greatly reduce the mass that's above ground. Also, if you need to keep a plant in the vegetative state (I've said it before, but I'll say it again: There has GOT to be a better word for it than "vegetative" :icon_roll .) so that you can keep the genetics and that particular phenotype... You can always take a cutting, root it, then toss the mother (or use in some manner if possible). Repeated four or five times and a jungle closet can become a nice, orderly, shelf. Obviously, the end result is an equal number of plants, but ones which are much smaller. Would this be an inconvenience? Two months would allow you the time to grow them back to original size (+/-) if you have the space/etc. Or you could keep them small (runaway sativas might require taking a cutting from a cutting... from a cutting, lol). I'm still smarting over allowing plants to become way too big in vegetative growth phase. I should have followed my own advice.

Actually, I did, to an extent - I have a Jack Herer clone living in the usual red cup. I wish I could bring it up; it'd fit nicely into your upcoming sponsored grow (alone, and with an eye toward not letting it slap the ceiling before it even gets to the flowering phase ;) ). I think, as a sativa lover, you'd like it. It's more... It has indica in it, but not so much to put you down, more like just enough to turn that tap into a 75-pound jackhammer and to lengthen the buzz. A goofy, giggly, kind of get up and go, I guess. It's great for road trips if you're okay with heading across town and ending up in downtown Phoenix by mistake. Pretty good for corporate (IOW, not landrace) cannabis. It's the Sensi Seeds original. Their seeds run from very reasonable (their Mexican Sativa, a cross between an Oaxacan sativa and a Durban Poison, with a little Pakistani hash plant to reduce flowering time and add cold-weather tolerance, backcrossed to the Oaxacan, is only $50.48 for ten seeds) to premium-class pricing... and they sell the Jack Herer for $193.56/10 regular and $207.81/10 feminized, lol. So they think a lot of it, too. AND...

IDK why I was so determined to keep a cutting, since I'll be growing auto-flowering strains at 18/6.

Why are you planning 18/6? Autos grow best under 20/4 lighting, start to finish. Again, that network of autoflowering cultivators have proven this one beyond dispute. Those guys are talented beyond belief at getting maximum yields and potency from their autoflowerers. Have you ever wandered their digital streets? They're not :420: but they maintain one cordial site filled with delightfully helpful members, many of whom also grow here.

I asked biveda and spell,checked.did its thing..
thnaks for informative reply. Do,they use it for guitars. Same same. Wood rises or molds. . So we are trying to cure by slo dry, cool and 40-60 % r h . It's like,layering beer radogast.! I have the perfect frig it has a sack of weed, two orange peels 40 grams rough trimmed flowers.
It's 14 days old. I snarled a dry, bud let. Torched it. Wonderful. But not ready. Too green.. picked too early.. but wonderful.. her sister has been left . I have learned, patience and disiplle. Especially at flower. All the work now matures. I'm thinking of time lapse video. The plants move. Mine are near my work out floor. Raw sunlight, mojave desert. They move ..I don't see wind moving anything else. I've gone at night, and no wind I'll sit quiet, they move.. ok I need video.. I'm on it..

Boveda makes a Boveda 49 for guitars

She was a joy to grow. Half will be flash dried in the dehydrator, and the other half will be dried low and slo. This will give me a good feel for how the methods compare. Testing with indicas wasn't working for me. I need to compare sativas Lol!

.............. I looooove harvesting. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

How long are you running your dehydrator? My first try, I did 4 hours on oregano settings and it was too long. Didn't ruin it, just made it crispy with a typical oven dry rawness.

...The doctors that would be helpful have no training in cannabinoid therapies and have weak understanding of the power and function of the ECS. They also have this dangerous proclivity to drug test for cannabis and heartlessly cut you off from the addictive substances they've been feeding you if cannabis comes back on the screening, despite the irrefutable evidence that cannabis potentiates opioids, so you can reduce and eliminate the dangerous pharma drugs by always using them with cannabis.

Never let an opiod cross your lips without the dose of full-plant THC.

Fortuitously in medical states they can't get away with this as well.

When my wife flashed her medical card, the specialist immediately went to "We don't have dosage guidelines, how about we start you at 1/2 our usual initial dose?" That worked for her.

Cool Sue - I didn't know about the Cannabis potentiating opioids fact! Thanks

Absolutely. Another amazing fact is that one can halt the progression of Alzheimer's with a dose as low as 10mg of THC or 5 mg of CBD daily. Why this fact alone hasn't changed the tide of the discussion is beyond me. I can think of few disorders that strike fear our hearts like the fear of forgetting our loved ones.

Cannabis has so much to offer that we haven't even uncovered. We have exciting times ahead on this planet. :circle-of-love:

For slowing down plants - - remember the fluxing technique of removing all but the end pair of leaves on a branch, and repeat every 2-3 days.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like a good training to try and slow down your plants while building strong branches for flowering time.

I hadn't thought of this, but then I want the internal growth to develop. This chopping back one node every week may have to be my fallback. Someday we should both play with fluxing. It'd be fun to compare each other's attempts. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning everyone :love:

Grabbing my morning banana I was admiring the finish tent.

IMG_183222.JPG

Dark Slide is starting to stretch and set blooms. :slide:

IMG_182331.JPG

IMG_182733.JPG

Malawi has a head start of a couple days. Here we go! :laughtwo:

IMG_182433.JPG

She's up on a riser, so I have lots and lots of wiggle room.

IMG_182533.JPG

Random bud from Thin Mint GSC.

IMG_182829.JPG

CBD Critical Cure 2.1.1 says "Did someone mention frosty?" :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_183127.JPG

She's getting close. The leaf color is going darker, a sure indication that they'll start to yellow soon.

IMG_182926.JPG

:laughtwo: As I was putting this together I was laughing at the memory of how much time I used to put into my posts when I started. I'm not one for taking lots of time to refine, but in the beginning I was so conscious of getting it all just so, and I edited so much that it would take an hour sometimes for a small post.

This post took ten minutes, including picture taking and loading into the gallery. Lol! I quickly learned to work efficiently on the fly.

Time for some nourishment and hydro therapy. I'll probably end up doing drenches first. :battingeyelashes: Before I wander off, let me encourage you to let your inner spirit of joyfulness run free. Walking through Barnes and Noble last evening I came across a book by Bren Brown that had a description of how one lives a life that I believe perfectly matches my personality. Let it be reflected in your life. See what wonder we can create.

People are hard to hate close up. Move in.
Speak truth to bullshit. Be civil.
Hold hands. With strangers.
Strong back. Soft front. Wild heart.

Strong back. Soft front. Wild heart.

See? Me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Radogast said:
How long are you running your dehydrator? My first try, I did 4 hours on oregano settings and it was too long. Didn't ruin it, just made it crispy with a typical oven dry rawness.

Forgot to answer this Rad. :oops:

If I have tiny buds I check after 24 hours. Otherwise, I check after 48 hours. You're looking for dry on the surface, and even with small buds that'll take the initial 48 hours. Then you jar them up overnight and wait for the surface to soften up. After that you toggle back and forth between dehydrator and jar in this manner, using progressively shorter bursts of time with the forced air drying, until you get to around 65% humidity.

It's turned out to be much easier than I'd thought it'd be.

Sue for your dehydrator process. You are jaring them to pull moisture from the middle,correct?
If so what do you think about putting in the jar and vacuum sealing it and waiting a bit of time. My guess would be around a hour. Release seal and test for humidity.
If it would work it might shorten the process?!
I would try it but no dehydrator. Yet.

Sue for your dehydrator process. You are jaring them to pull moisture from the middle,correct?
If so what do you think about putting in the jar and vacuum sealing it and waiting a bit of time. My guess would be around a hour. Release seal and test for humidity.
If it would work it might shorten the process?!
I would try it but no dehydrator. Yet.

You and the vacuum sealer are having fun, aren't you? :laughtwo:

I don't own one, or I'd be giving this a try. :battingeyelashes:

Shall we open the package? :battingeyelashes:

IMG_183425.JPG

IMG_183528.JPG

I always appreciate thoughtful packaging, don't you?

IMG_183631.JPG

The warranty card is under the booklet. It comes with 4-yr coverage.

IMG_183725.JPG

IMG_183834.JPG

IMG_183927.JPG

IMG_184031.JPG

IMG_184126.JPG

IMG_184236.JPG

IMG_184324.JPG

Secure connections. :woohoo:

IMG_184429.JPG

Yes, she is a bright one. :laughtwo: It's odd having pink lighting in the apartment again.

IMG_184534.JPG

IMG_184627.JPG

The booklet is filled with things I'll be brushing up on before I start the dedicated journal.

IMG_184733.JPG

IMG_184839.JPG

The casing is aluminum and only weighs 3.7 lbs (168 kg). Plenty of ventilation in the design. It's part of their effort to reduce heat more efficiently.

IMG_185033.JPG

IMG_185135.JPG

IMG_185236.JPG

IMG_1853.PNG

Sweet! It's all packed away again until I need it. Lots to learn before then. :slide:

Thank you GROWant for this opportunity to showcase your little but powerful light. :hug: After reading through the materials I can understand how this baby can do what they advertise. It's built for use and made to last. So far I'm mighty impressed. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Shall we open the package? :battingeyelashes:

IMG_183425.JPG

IMG_183528.JPG

I always appreciate thoughtful packaging, don't you?

IMG_183631.JPG

The warranty card is under the booklet. It comes with 4-yr coverage.

IMG_183725.JPG

IMG_183834.JPG

IMG_183927.JPG

IMG_184031.JPG

IMG_184126.JPG

IMG_184236.JPG

IMG_184324.JPG

Secure connections. :woohoo:

IMG_184429.JPG

Yes, she is a bright one. :laughtwo: It's odd having pink lighting in the apartment again.

IMG_184534.JPG

IMG_184627.JPG

The booklet is filled with things I'll be brushing up on before I start the dedicated journal.

IMG_184733.JPG

IMG_184839.JPG

The casing is aluminum and only weighs 3.7 lbs (168 kg). Plenty of ventilation in the design. It's part of their effort to reduce heat more efficiently.

IMG_185033.JPG

IMG_185135.JPG

IMG_185236.JPG

IMG_1853.PNG

Sweet! It's all packed away again until I need it. Lots to learn before then. :slide:

Thank you GROWant for this opportunity to showcase your little but powerful light. :hug: After reading through the materials I can understand how this baby can do what they advertise. It's built for use and made to last. So far I'm mighty impressed. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

It looks like christmas! What an amazing manual is that! Cant wait for the journal to start. and I would be Up all night because i need to know the whole manual when i get stuff like that .

Back
Top Bottom