SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

I really love that Phylos Galaxy. Been using it to find out more about the strains I'm growing. Sad there is a lot of strains missing. By time I bet this will become a really comprehensive library. Really cool stuff The Phylos Galaxy - Phylos Bioscience

I love all the great vibes this Sunday Sue. Here's a little more info people may find interesting.
No strains in botany. You are right. But there are tons of cultivars. So I believe "tracking" these "strains" is really just finding its origins. Think Ancestry dot com for plants. Lmao

Phylos Bioscience - can give you a genetic profile of your variety including closest relatives, clonal relationships, uniqueness score, population origin, variation and distant cultivars.
That's probably generated more towards serious breeders but nonetheless amazing.
I do encourage people to check them out. They also have plant sex test kits that can Identifying male or female in 7-10 day old seedlings.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Happy Growing

Thank you for the link DeVille. I've never been there.

Today is the day I'll be launching the new installment of the journal. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. It won't be until later in the day and I'll post a link here when it's up and running.

How exciting, a new chapter. :slide:

This journal is officially closed. It can be moved to completed journals now. :battingeyelashes:

See you all at the new digs. :ciao:

I am a LOS grower:) I would love to join in and answer whatever I could, on that thread. Would you mind sending me a link. I might have been over there already but I've been browsing so many journals and threads I'm not sure. Lol. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Like I have heard people say, really nice to see active sponsors here within our little cyber realm. Wish we could get more to do it.....they might have a better read on their customer base. Props to you GROWant!

I was watching a video recently when a man put clonex where is plant split?
How do you and others feel about this?

Not something I would do. I would consider using hotwax to seal splits like that instead. Hot wax is a great sealant to keep the plant from getting dried out.

I do encourage people to check them out.

I wish someone would encourage them to stop charging so much for the service. I mean, sure, it's useful and all - but an arm, a leg, and both testicles is a little expensive. Especially since their database is incomplete (through no fault of their own, of course) and, therefore, every sample they test helps rectify that. At the least, when they test one that adds to that knowledge base, they ought to refund payment. Or turn that sample into a lid and send it back, lol.

Maybe I just use linux too much and am affected by - and afflicted with - the idea of the community not charging Mad, Bad Billy Gates money for a thing that helps improve... the product. IDK.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :circle-of-love:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :circle-of-love:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thank you Teddy. :hug:

His photo is some type of surgical tape. Might be a paper tape. Here's a formatted pic.

420-magazine-mobile2005980378.jpg

Little late... but Yes! This is surgical tape. Now and then i get something Thats over date..my uncle works there and when the date is expired they are not allowed to use it.. so yay for me.

However I have been seeing a lot of People just use the transparant foil Where People use to pack there foods in to keep it fresh. Then the plant Only use his own juice.. personally i prefer that If possible :)

I love all the great vibes this Sunday Sue. Here's a little more info people may find interesting.
No strains in botany. You are right. But there are tons of cultivars. So I believe "tracking" these "strains" is really just finding its origins. Think Ancestry dot com for plants. Lmao

Phylos Bioscience - can give you a genetic profile of your variety including closest relatives, clonal relationships, uniqueness score, population origin, variation and distant cultivars.
That's probably generated more towards serious breeders but nonetheless amazing.
I do encourage people to check them out. They also have plant sex test kits that can Identifying male or female in 7-10 day old seedlings.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Happy Growing

Tracking Its roots.. do you mean What strains are original combined Up to the "strain" you are growing? Thats sounds like my family tree i was able to make with Leafy. Not Sure If This promotion Is apropriate so let me know If Its not ;)

Tracking Its roots.. do you mean What strains are original combined Up to the "strain" you are growing? Thats sounds like my family tree i was able to make with Leafy. Not Sure If This promotion Is apropriate so let me know If Its not ;)

We can talk about Leafly, we just can't link to them. I've found enough discrepancy in Leafly's posts that I've developed the habit of always getting a second opinion. Sometimes I wonder if they just make things up as they go. Use them with caution.

We can talk about Leafly, we just can't link to them. I've found enough discrepancy in Leafly's posts that I've developed the habit of always getting a second opinion. Use them with caution.

Great, it was with the right intention(not for commercial purposes)

Its good to always second check and I was very interested about the strains and Where my Chocolate Mint OG came from. A lot of Afghan in the end :)

We can talk about Leafly, we just can't link to them. I've found enough discrepancy in Leafly's posts that I've developed the habit of always getting a second opinion. Sometimes I wonder if they just make things up as they go. Use them with caution.

I use Seedfinder more than Leafly. They do family trees of the strains they have. The strain desriptions are straight out of the seed sellers web descriptions, so in that sense they might also be printing made up descriptions :)

Great, it was with the right intention(not for commercial purposes)

Its good to always second check and I was very interested about the strains and Where my Chocolate Mint OG came from. A lot of Afghan in the end :)

Submitting a strain to Phylos might cost money, and I have seen where at least one breeders (Ace) submitted their strain to be tested. Since they use a lot of landrace, that helps establish some solid benchmarks for all the genetics.

If I were comfortable sending a sample for a sex test, I sure would do that!
$7 not to feed and house a male seedling for 2-3 months until he becomes a teenager is worth it to me. :thumb:

It is interesting indeed! Maybe there is Someone in the netherlands to for that :) I have a lot of different seeds atm so I Will do several grows before ill decide What Will be my "main strain"

$7 not to feed and house a male seedling for 2-3 months until he becomes a teenager is worth it to me.

That part of their business seems quite reasonably priced.

It doesn't really take much resources to sex a plant. But I agree, the TIME thing can be a major consideration - and far more important than a nickels' worth of soil in a throwaway cup/etc., a 14-watt CFL, and a cardboard box that is really all one needs to cause a clone to show its sex. And there's the hole in one's garden that could potentially be opened up, an the plant that is currently residing there is determined to be a male.

So, yes, $7 can be a bargain.

Susan! You know I have been putting my clones in Ziploc bags trying to mimic your setup to see if I get a better success rate? Well today I did some checking and so far I am at 100% success rate. I have also taken advice from Tead and put them under weaker light outside of the tent and they just seem to be loving it. I think I have found my foolproof cloning method. Thanks so much!

Susan! You know I have been putting my clones in Ziploc bags trying to mimic your setup to see if I get a better success rate? Well today I did some checking and so far I am at 100% success rate. I have also taken advice from Tead and put them under weaker light outside of the tent and they just seem to be loving it. I think I have found my foolproof cloning method. Thanks so much!

I'm so pleased we were able to help you find the sweet spot. I've been noticing the ziploc bags instead of the produce bags. I'm buying some today. :laughtwo:

I'm so pleased we were able to help you find the sweet spot. I've been noticing the ziploc bags instead of the produce bags. I'm buying some today. :laughtwo:

The Ziplocs are great for holding in the moisture, but are pretty rigid so if you are trying to cram a bunch in a smaller space it takes more work than your produce bags. I was thinking about getting produce bags.

Back
Top Bottom