SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

I got the first seat!

I'm just relieved that I found one of her journals before it got so big that I had to play catch-up and read 1,300 old posts. That reminds me, I'm still several hundred behind on the DDA one (I'm on 2017 in it now, though, lol).

Aiming for a qp.

Careful, lol. First HID grow I ever did, I hoped for a Kewpie, too. Not counting however much I managed to smoke/eat/gift in the couple weeks before I figured out a place to go weigh the harvest, I got like a smidgen over 12 ounces.

One of my friends finally remembered that the main local USPS branch had their scale in the lobby where all the PO boxes were, so that people could use it after hours. (Yep, my guardian angel was undoubtedly the youngest to ever get gray hair :rolleyes3 .) Four goofball gigglers enter the post office at 3am - surprisingly, we managed to screw around in there for probably a half hour (with a BIG sack of bud, and smelling the place up in the process, hee hee hee) and then leave with no repercussions. Wouldn't get by with that today, that's for sure.

I'm testing the first of the flash-dried Devil's Carnival. It's a chemovar you literally won't find anywhere else. So freaking cool. :laughtwo: Careful, two hits and I was gone to a happy place for about half an hour before I came back.

Any chance that's the one that I have a couple seeds of? I haven't grown them out, yet, and won't this time because IDK if they'll carry both auto-flower genes or not. Actually, I don't know if mine are first or second generation. I didn't pay any attention ('twas another thread of epic length, I'm sure). And it's possible that I'm thinking of a different private cross altogether.

I believe we are growing with the same light. The 240w G3hipar.
420-magazine-mobile1477815890.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1320134357.jpg

Neat! :high-five: I'll be starting from newly rooted clones and seed. I want to see the full range of the light's possibilities.

Get a link to your journal in your signature line so that members can more easily find you. :battingeyelashes:

I prefer to be in the last row ... it's safer back here, and I have all of your backs!

:cheer:

New journal for Sue, another week must have passed.

:thumb:

Peace

Keith

:rofl: It does feel like that sometimes, doesn't it? :laughtwo: My back feels safer already. :hug:

There you are girl. :hug: :love: Good to have you check in.

Aww hell....1st page. Finally get to sit with the cool kids!! Rock on Sue!

Haha! "...the cool kids." Made me laugh right out loud. :laughtwo:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

I don't know about you, but my weekend's been one marvelous adventure after another. Plants drying all over the place and a brand new journal to play in.

The dehydrated Devil's Carnival buds have stabilized at around 65% RH. :yahoo:

IMG_205530.JPG

That took all of three days, start-to -finish, and a total of around 55 hours of dehydration in the end. They are beautiful, fragrant, and tasty, not to mention unbelievably potent. I got 14 grams dry from the 61 grams I started with, which means I beat my 20% standard. :slide:

IMG_205229.JPG

Two hits earlier and I was off in my brain hallucinating. :woohoo: Just what the obsessive cultivator was hoping for.

IMG_205634.JPG

awwwww this light came pre assembled, I feel so left out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

COMPLETELY random comment: As far as I have been able to tell, every single phone booth has been removed from my area. I would have liked to have bought one for scrap, painted the inside of the glass bright flat white, and used it for a mini-grow.

I see that "Black Raspberry" jar! Causes me to wonder if you've ever thought about coordinating your jars' original contents/labels with the flavors of their new contents.

I should quite posting for a spell and get out of the doorway. Others are surely wanting in ;) .

I always enjoy being pretty early to journals. I'll sit and lurk and read through a long journal any day, but there is something about a fresh journal that is super satisfying. I'm in it now, Subbed for sure!

Oh.... love the user name. :laughtwo: :welcome: Guy. Glad to meet you. I tend to dazzle you with passion and then you don't want to wander away. Lol! I take a lot of pictures too. I think you'll like it here. The crowd is very friendly and engaged.

Good thing you got here early. We eat up the pages many days. It helps to have a new start every now and then.

I'm just relieved that I found one of her journals before it got so big that I had to play catch-up and read 1,300 old posts. That reminds me, I'm still several hundred behind on the DDA one (I'm on 2017 in it now, though, lol).

I knew you'd find us TS. :hug:

That DDA thread is one of my favorites. I may have to start another seed soon. Hmmmmmm..... :dreamy: If I press the bathroom into flowering duty I may be able to empty out the tiny closet and plant a DDA. *sigh* I'm missing the purples.

TorturedSoul said:
Any chance that's the one that I have a couple seeds of? I haven't grown them out, yet, and won't this time because IDK if they'll carry both auto-flower genes or not. Actually, I don't know if mine are first or second generation. I didn't pay any attention ('twas another thread of epic length, I'm sure). And it's possible that I'm thinking of a different private cross altogether.

I believe you have a couple. No way of knowing whether they're photo or auto until you grow them out. I wouldn't risk it with an auto grow.

I see that "Black Raspberry" jar! Causes me to wonder if you've ever thought about coordinating your jars' original contents/labels with the flavors of their new contents.

I never thought of that. :laughtwo: Now I'll be wanting to store the DDA buds in those jars. I have a constant supply. Seedless Black Raspberry jam goes on my cheese omelet sandwich every morning. I'm such a creature of habit with food it's hysterical. I eat the same two meals for breakfast, no matter what. When I went to Phoenix for seven weeks I bought the makings and did the same there.

Hey, find a meal that works that well, you stick with it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

TorturedSoul said:
I should quite posting for a spell and get out of the doorway. Others are surely wanting in ;) .

They can squeeze by you to get to the goodies. :hug:

That DDA thread is one of my favorites. I may have to start another seed soon. Hmmmmmm..... :dreamy: If I press the bathroom into flowering duty I may be able to empty out the tiny closet and plant a DDA. *sigh* I'm missing the purples.

Why do I get the impression that if I'm ever lucky enough to visit again, I'll need a machete just to get to your door?

Hi SweetSue,

I read your last journal and learned a lot about many things. Amazing that you have a way to congregate people with your enthusiasm for life and cannabis. You lift my spirits (along with some Purple Crack) everytime you bubble over with joy. So nice to see! Thank you SweetSue.

I'm subbed in your journal, and give you more reps. I do enjoy learning from a cheerful teacher!

I will happily join in on a new SS journal. Not quite as intimidating as the previous perpetual thread and should be fractionally easier to follow along lol. Sad to see you move away from the organic soil, albeit not entirely, as you and a few others sold me on the joy of living organic soil.

Regardless I am sure this will be a fun journal to follow

hey sue going to pull up a chair while i catch up on your other threads glad i got a seat at the front haha hope you and your ladys have been well ! :circle-of-love::Namaste:

:laughtwo: Catching up on my threads is a gargantuan chore Velk. I have so many threads running I had to start a thread to keep up with them. Lol! I assure you, there's no pop quiz. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:welcome: to the crew. Make yourself comfortable and get to know everyone. I'm sure you'll enjoy the journey. :hug:

Why do I get the impression that if I'm ever lucky enough to visit again, I'll need a machete just to get to your door?

:rofl: Sometimes it feels like that's the way it's going. Lol! Every time I try to cut back more shows up. It's a reaccuring theme in my life. I have no complaints. Keep it coming. :battingeyelashes:

Hi SweetSue,

I read your last journal and learned a lot about many things. Amazing that you have a way to congregate people with your enthusiasm for life and cannabis. You lift my spirits (along with some Purple Crack) everytime you bubble over with joy. So nice to see! Thank you SweetSue.

I'm subbed in your journal, and give you more reps. I do enjoy learning from a cheerful teacher!

Awwww Bode...... that was just sweet. :hug: I'm impressed that you read the last journal. They grow quickly with all this joy. We find lots to talk about with a crowd this size. It's never boring around here, and I do my best to make updates entertaining. We're glad to meet you and hope to get lots of opportunities to get to know you better.

You've been with us since August and only nine posts? A quiet one, or just getting famaliar with us? I stayed quiet for about 30 minutes after signing on, and haven't slowed down since. :laughtwo:

I will happily join in on a new SS journal. Not quite as intimidating as the previous perpetual thread and should be fractionally easier to follow along lol. Sad to see you move away from the organic soil, albeit not entirely, as you and a few others sold me on the joy of living organic soil.

Regardless I am sure this will be a fun journal to follow

I'm pleased you caught the LOS bug. Excellent soil, and we have many talented cultivators using living organic soils around these parts. I enjoyed growing in LOS. My move to hempy has as much to do with the challenges of managing soil in a tight urban apartment. Carrying a bale of perlite up 40 steps is a lot easier than carrying a bale of ProMix and bags of earthworm castings. The fact that these nutrients I use grow bad-ass cannabis is a bonus.

We tend to have a good time on this journal. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :hug:

:ciao: Back here, Sweetie! :kisstwo:

@ThatOneGuyy, ever heard of That1Guy? :hmmmm:

That 1 Guy - Wikipedia

There you are. :kisstwo:

*contented sigh*

A new journal successfully launched, Callanetics on the books for the week, and Devil's Carnival to smoke. What a glorious life I lead. :slide: I'm all worn out and ready to crawl to bed. I'm gonna force myself to walk away from the iPad now. :laughtwo:

Goodnight moon. :love:

At the moment I have a total of 21 plants ....

Oh my, it was not so long ago it was a tiny closet, 21, that is crazy good, Good Show!

I love all the great vibes this Sunday Sue. Here's a little more info people may find interesting.
No strains in botany. You are right. But there are tons of cultivars. So I believe "tracking" these "strains" is really just finding its origins. Think Ancestry dot com for plants. . .

This is from the old journal, buuut, if ya are interested a ton of grreat info in this thread, one of my favorites: Landrace Genetics 101

Edit for fun...just having fun.
I enjoyed growing in LOS. My move to hempy has as much to do with the challenges of managing soil in a tight urban apartment.

i suspect one day you will be back, : wink wink, happy face thingy :

thats so true sue im still readding one of your threads from when i first joined 420 lol i dont look at it as a chore your work is amazing and knowledge is power and you have somuch to share and spread to the community just glad i got a seat in the second rowin stead of in the thousands will mak it alot easyer to keep up with :circle-of-love::420:

Subbed .

I brought my fave cushion... we're still on the floor, right?

Sweet intro Sue .

Absolutely girl. :hug: I probably sit on my chairs once a month, if that often. It's weird, in its own way, that before he passed I hadn't sat on the floor since I was a teenager. Now I can't abide furniture.

I have a lot more space to live in without the couch we all seem to find indespensible in the living room. :battingeyelashes:

Hope you don't mind me peeking in every now and then.
Keepem Green

Your visits generate a warm smile in my heart Woody. My door is always open for you. :hug:

Oh my, it was not so long ago it was a tiny closet, 21, that is crazy good, Good Show!

I know.... I was laughing about this just yesterday. :laughtwo:

kelticBlue said:
This is from the old journal, buuut, if ya are interested a ton of grreat info in this thread, one of my favorites: Landrace Genetics 101

Wonderful share keltic. Thanks for the link. :hug:

kelticBlue said:
Edit for fun...just having fun.

Me too. Lol!

kelticBlue said:
i suspect one day you will be back, : wink wink, happy face thingy :

Considering my history of change, I wouldn't be surprised either. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

thats so true sue im still readding one of your threads from when i first joined 420 lol i dont look at it as a chore your work is amazing and knowledge is power and you have somuch to share and spread to the community just glad i got a seat in the second rowin stead of in the thousands will mak it alot easyer to keep up with :circle-of-love::420:

Why thank you Velk. :hug::hug::hug: I do it all for love. You know, before I started working with this community I wasn't aware I was a writer. I'd suspected it, but I had too much life going on to do much about it. Now it's as natural as breathing. My affiliation with :420: changed my life in so many ways it's mind boggling.

Being here when the door opens certainly makes it easier to keep up, but I warn you, we can move pretty fast some days. Don't be concerned if you fall behind. Don't think I'll be offended if you don't read every page. We so prefer you spend your time on the current pages instead of stressing to catch up. Every once in a while we tear through five pages in a day. That's a lot for anyone to keep up with.

:welcome: to one of the happiest rooms on the forum. You'll fit right in. :hug:

Good morning everyone :love:

New room, same game. I woke up ready to play, and deliberately took the time to let the universe know I was prepared for another joyful ride. That deliberate choice is making all the difference, which is why I'm so emphatic about encouraging you to join me. Soon it'll be a year since I started that experiment on Dec 14. I'd have to admit, it's turned out to be the happiest year of my life, at least in my opinion. There've been a couple of you that jumped on that wagon at the beginning, and your lives have picked up the same positive energy.

So get out there and spread that joy I know you felt start to bubble up to the surface. Let it spill over into your day in gentle moments of kindness and racous sessions of laughter. We have an advantage over our neighbors that don't consume cannabis, so let's exploit that and soften the edges of the world while we're wandering around joyfully exploring the wonder of a new day.

I'm headed to the kitchen for some morning sustenance. I'll catch up to the rest of you later. :ciao:

Oooo.... Don't let me forget..... safety inspection in the morning. I have a few modifications to make before bed, or immediately upon rising tomorrow. In five minutes the inspection'll be over and life continues, but the pre-planning is what makes it go off without a hitch.

Also, I've made the decision to convert the bathroom into a flowering space. That transition wil be completed by Wednesday night, if all goes as planned. :slide: That means all three of these plants can be moved out of the tent I need for the sponsored grow, which I plan to kick off this week.

IMG_205726.JPG

Back
Top Bottom