SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

My granny used soap. Worked like a charm mostly.

Mine probably did, too, on the rare occasions that there was any left (12 children :rolleyes: ) . I didn't mention that one due to the overwhelming number of soap (and "soap") products in the market today. Was afraid some fancy brand might glue a zipper shut, lol.

I just figured you were busy moderating threads/posts/spambots and the like. Work before play and all that....

Put those up yourself huh ??? :confused: Hmmmm well then... They look nice, and little ones seem less than happy for the moment... LOL they will get used to it... Congrats my friend... Now it begins, AGAIN lol Green days... and to all

It was a matter of pride to me Hacker. The daughter tried to help and I was insistent that I’d be capable of pulling it off alone, that it was part of my message on how easy Dan and his talented crew made them to hang.

To be honest, once I had everything worked out both lights went up in less than a minute each. Lol! They’re heavy, in that they’re made of quality materials that have weight, but not so heavy that a fit 64-yr old woman couldn’t handle them.

I’m a practitioner of Callanetics. My core is stronger than that of most people I talk to :battingeyelashes:

High Sue :hug::love::hug:

Been a while since i passed through these parts, any parts at all if im being honest. damn, even my own journal came up on the abandoned list so forgive me if i dont catch up fully.

New Lights :yahoo: everyone loves new lights.

have a great day now :passitleft:

Ouch! We’ll start dropping by just to keep the journal current. :hug:

No one can really keep up with me. Lol! I’m so glad you stopped. :hug::love::hug:

I’ll be busy putting together the new journal. Might start this weekend, but more likely next. The qbs will be here by then *swoon* and I’ll be in a position to get everything under Timber lights. :slide:

Good morning everyone :love:

I’m off to coffee with the daughter, so I’ll back in a while for the update. Had the most wonderful conversation with Dan this morning that inspired some ideas for the sponsored journal that I’ll be exploring.

Hey..... make it a point to see only things that please you. Do that often enough and one day everything you look at pleases you. Lol!

A little lightheaded cosmic magic to start your day off on the right foot. :hug: Get out there and have some fun.

Here....something to smile about. She’s getting ready to bloom. :yahoo:

I think she’s gonna do you proud J. :battingeyelashes:

Later, my friends. :ciao:

Weekly Update: Friday, June 15, 2018

Time to get the tour started. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Clones and Veg Shelf

No roots yet on any cuttings. I’ll be adding on a Royal Cookies cutting tomorrow. To my understanding Cookies has the highest level of b-caryophyllene of any chemovar out there, making it valuable meds. Sooner or later I’ll find a space for it. Until then I’ll keep the line going through clones.

I have a cutting rooting. As soon as it grows roots this plant is history. Aside from the two I’m growing out for J all other plants in my garden from here on out will be hempy.

Even so, I did clean her up a little bit. :battingeyelashes:

The same applies to the Royal Cookies. As soon as I have a rooted clone this girl gets culled. If I had any way to fit her in I’d transplant, but the tents are full and the schedule is as well.

The time will come.

Carnival is looking sweet! :slide: I’ll let her do what she wants, and control the clone following behind more to my personal liking.

She has nice structure. At the moment she’s on half-strength nutes, like all the rest of the veg girls. Next watering they’ll all go to 3/4 and then I’ll have them all up to full strength excepting the little DDAs. They get a longer pass at 1/2 strength until they get a couple more nodes.

Zamaldelica x Panama got bent over a little this week.

I’m hoping some of this lower growth gets excited about growing towards the light.

The new quantum boards should do it. They’ll be here next week. :battingeyelashes:

One last glance back before moving on.

The tiny closet

DDA 8 is my test case for tap water. She was also the one who tried to send her foot out of the perlite, so I’m not sure yet if her droopiness is because the pH is off or because she’s just droopy.

She’s a test case. I’ll stay the course. She has the stronger stem.

DDA9 is ready to take off. Lol! At this stage she’s pretty much picture perfect. She keeps leaning over, so I mounded some perlite for additional support.

On to the tents! :slide:

Tent # 1

It is sooo sweet to have a Timber light over this girl. I was getting weary of hauling out a lamp to photograph without the pink/purple light.

She just looks happier to me.

Yeah..... it got a little hot in here, and we went from liquid air to dry almost overnight. I keep forgetting to turn on the humidifiers. I’m beginning to remember to turn the air conditioner on in the bedroom as soon as I wake in the morning, so humidity control can’t be that far behind.

Black D.O.G. (3) got a decent drench made with kelp and EWC on the 11th. I consulted with bobrown14 about the easiest way to get these non-kit girls to a decent harvest and we worked out a plan of these drenches and monthly drenches with malted barley grain.

I think she likes the plan. :battingeyelashes:

Tent #2

Royal Gorilla found herself restrained in an effort to get her a little further from the light. This lamp can’t go any higher and she’s a gangly one.

By tomorrow evening all the tops will be once again praying to the indoor sun.

The thrips are having a field day with this girl. I may break down and pull out the spinosad. Maybe...

Her new growth is stunning!

Tent # 3

The hempy flowering babes are holding their own as they wait for the quantum boards that’ll go over them next week. Those are gonna make a tremendous difference.

This tent has the easiest time staying within preferred environmental parameters. Hash Hound and I are gonna put our heads together and see if we can find a better air flow model for the tents.

Both girls are on the same feeding schedule and at the moment that’s 14 ml of Parts A & B with 1 ml of Energy per gallon of H2O.

Black D.O.G. 2 isn’t going to win any awards for highest yield, but I’ll get something nice from this burst of buds.

Devil’s Carnival 1.7 is starting to rev it up. This chemovar finishes quick, coming in at around 45-50 days. I’m not worried about the chance of her going hermie. It’s pretty much a foregone conclusion. Lol!

And that, ladies and gentleman may be the final buckle tour of this volume of the perpetual. I’m hoping to have the new journal ready to go by next Friday.

Thank you for stopping to share the joy. The sharing increases everyone’s pleasure, don’t you agree? I certainly hope we left you with a warm glow.

I’ll be busy for a while catching that buzz I keep saying I’ll start. Lol! I’ll see you around the threads. :ciao:

It'll be interesting to see if, after adding significant amounts of light, your plants "optimum temperature point" seems to rise a bit.

If you attain a state where they are performing best at 86°F to 87°F on average, you're probably then giving them all the light-energy they are capable of processing without additional CO₂ (IMHO).

It'll be interesting to see if, after adding significant amounts of light, your plants "optimum temperature point" seems to rise a bit.

If you attain a state where they are performing best at 86°F to 87°F on average, you're probably then giving them all the light-energy they are capable of processing without additional CO₂ (IMHO).

Interesting TS. That’ll insight will be helpful. Dan and I were talking about diminishing returns and optimal light values this morning. I swear, I learned more about lighting in that short conversation than I’ve allowed myself to absorb in three years.

I’m gonna enjoy finally getting up to speed on lighting. :slide: The sponsored grow’s pushing me to gain a better understanding. Only good can come of this. Lol!

There are days when I wonder why I fight with this platform. I feel like we took steps backward.

Nice update Sue.
Busy as a bee I see.
Neiko suggested popping some devils carnival.
You make it sound like a no brainer.
Maybe soon.:slide:

Interesting TS. That’ll insight will be helpful. Dan and I were talking about diminishing returns and optimal light values this morning.

Are you good at solving three-variable linear equations, lol? There's a ratio between amount of light-energy that the organism is able to process, temperature, and CO₂ level. Which would be pretty simple - if not for the fact that one can safely assume that different strains will have slightly different optimal levels (of temperature, if nothing else). An equatorial sea level sativa probably has a higher optimum temperature point than a northern Indica (especially one naturalized to a high altitude environment), for example.

And then there's DLI (daylight integral). If you give a plant the same lighting in vegetative phase as in flower, then you've effectively cut its total light allowance by 33% when you switch the schedule from 18/6 to 12/12. Which is one reason that people often use more powerful lighting in their flowering area.

Auto-flowering cannabis plants (usually) don't get restricted to 12 hours of light per day, so you can think of them as receiving 50% more (from 12 hours to 18) light per day than a photoperiodic plant would if flowered in the same space under the same lighting. (Auto-flowering cannabis plants have been a boon to the sellers of cheap blurples, methinks ;) .)

I swear, I learned more about lighting in that short conversation than I’ve allowed myself to absorb in three years.

Do tell, lol. Did the two of you talk about penetration abilities of different lighting and how, therefore, it's important to know one's "light prowess" and use a growing method/setup which takes best advantage of same? Of the relative merits/detriments of illuminating the entire organism versus portions of same? Of how one can manipulate certain portions of the spectrum at certain specific times in order to provoke responses from the organism - such as the ability to "put plants to sleep faster" and thereby be able to shorten the daily period of uninterrupted darkness without causing said plants to suffer (general stress, loss of flowering, increased leafiness, production of opposite-sex flowers, et cetera)? Using non-standard timers to provide >12 hours of daylight per "day" while still retaining a 12-hour dark period in order to shorten the time required? Using both of those things together in order to do that plus produce giants?

Did you discuss how some LED grow light manufacturers seem to be making products that give increased visible trichome production - but at the expense of growing runty little sh!ts instead of trees, lol?

How about theories that are not often talked about in mainstream cannabis-growing discussions (imagine someone typing "mainstream cannabis-growing discussions" 20 years ago, LOL) - such as taking advantage of LED's (more or less) "instant-on" ability to manipulate one's lighting so that it strobes at a high frequency (north of 60 Hz, at least) so that, while the human eye may not notice a difference, the plants are actually receiving less light. Some people think this might be a way to reduce the light by 15% to 25% without significant (or, depending on who you ask, any) loss of production - but with a corresponding reduction in one's electric bill.

There are days when I wonder why I fight with this platform. I feel like we took steps backward.

Forum issues, lol? Gee, and I was thinking about asking you to "go" see if you could exhale a breath of positivity into AKGramma's journal thread. She's just about done.

I had fun with my Soda stream yesterday, emptied the last of the c02 in the tent. Think I stumbled on a system for soda club bottles one time. Is there anyone running one of those systems? Those bottles can't hold for long right? My workmate talked about a c02 bottle he had for some old welder. That's probably more in the region what would cover a grow right?

Forum issues, lol? Gee, and I was thinking about asking you to "go" see if you could exhale a breath of positivity into AKGramma's journal thread. She's just about done.

Whoa! I learned a lot more from that brief exchange TS. You’ve been studying the subject much longer and with a deeper understanding than I ever applied. Dan and I didn’t have that much time. :D

I’ll stop in to see what’s up with gramma. I’d hate to see her stop posting.

I had fun with my Soda stream yesterday, emptied the last of the c02 in the tent. Think I stumbled on a system for soda club bottles one time. Is there anyone running one of those systems? Those bottles can't hold for long right? My workmate talked about a c02 bottle he had for some old welder. That's probably more in the region what would cover a grow right?

I’ll leave this to someone with more knowledge. :battingeyelashes:

Nice update Sue.
Busy as a bee I see.
Neiko suggested popping some devils carnival.
You make it sound like a no brainer.
Maybe soon.:slide:

Be sure to clone. It’s a crapshoot when you plant but I assure you you’ll be happy with whatever comes up. They aren’t heavy yielders, or haven’t been for the rest of us. Maybe you’ll change that. :battingeyelashes:

Sitting on the mat chewing up 0.4 grams of Carnival cob with more to smoke for an early lift while the rest makes its way to the liver, thinking about how wonderful life is and all the opportunity being presented.

*contented cob-induced sigh*

Someone explain to me again how dangerous cannabis is?

This is just a demo post guys. :hug:

Good morning @beez0404

About this :hug: dangerous.

One of the things that keeps coming out of my mouth is that we need to regulate cannabis with the same vigilance we do something else in the plant kingdom just as dangerous.....like garlic.

Good morning Sue! Glad to see those new lights in action! I checked out Timber’s website. A little above my paygrade right now! Lol. But I just have the one tent right now. Maybe when I get another I can invest in something like that for the flower girls! Anyway...excited for the sponsored grow!

Back
Top Bottom