SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

I have done - and continue to do - the same thing, using whatever is handy to line the walls (or make walls).

This is a very imperfect solution, though. Such things make poor reflectors. I suspect something like panda film would increase yields. I don't know what that stuff costs (no stores around here that sell it, AFAIK). But I've read that its reflectivity is high. It also blocks light transmission - although that could be as much because it's black on the outside as anything, so this alone is not necessarily a sign that all of the light is reflected back towards the plants.

I don't have a need to have it be perfect TS, simply enclosed. I'll certainly be looking for better reflectivity as I go along, and I'm liking Woody's reinforcement of my cardboard and paint idea. It's quick, simple and easy to tear down in a pinch. All I have to do is find the cardboard.

Time for a walk in the sunlight to see what can be found. :slide:

I have a month to get it worked out. By then, surely we'll have found a more perfect solution. I need fluid, flexible, and inexpensive. Let's see what the universe brings.

Good morning everyone :love:

Did we all survive yesterday's excesses? Lol! I actually had the volunteer coordinator slide up next to me during preparations for the show I ushered last night and whisper "It's 4/20 today" with a knowing smile, to which I beamed "it's an international holiday." :battingeyelashes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They know me well in my neck of the woods. Lol! I spent the entire day blissfully engaged with my universal companions, doing my best to reach their levels of expression. I can only hope you had half the fun I did as you enjoyed your own celebration of cannabis.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ok, on with a new day. No cobs to chew today and my stores of Carnival are getting low. Eek!
That's what I did in the upper portion of a very old farm house. It got so hot up there I couldn't sleep at all on the second floor. You've probably seen me preach about aquarium power heads, lol, so I'll just type: Don't depend solely on air pumps & air stone (type) devices. And upsize your reservoirs as much as you can. I'm thinking 20-25 gallon - but something large might be even better outside. The H₂O₂ is a wonderful booster, should be using it all the time for every non-"organic" nutrient hydro setup.

The above and at least a little care in choosing your strain(s), and you should be fine. You can obviously grow cannabis, so the generalities won't be an issue.

I have never used H2O2 in my water with hempy. Would this boost my plant growth TS?

I have never used H2O2 in my water with hempy. Would this boost my plant growth TS?

If using synthetic nutrients, I'd say, "It'll provide more oxygen to the roots, which is always good." But I am thinking that you are using "organics," and I have no experience with adding H₂O₂. Might kill whatever it is that's predigesting that kind of nutrient so the plants can use it. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. IDK. I get foggy a lot more than I used to.

Tead said:
I've been seeing a problem with autos just making roots too quickly in the thin perlite medium. Maybe I can slow that down some with the thicker coco medium.

Reading this over again I'm thinking I may try a coco medium for one of the DDAs when I start up to get a comparison. The juicing garden may use autos too, although I'll first have to get a decent seed stash. Hmmm.... I'd be smart to keep that segment of the grow photos and keep a mother, unless I discover we can use any plants for juicing.

Juicing for therapeutic effect is still in its infancy.

Bumped into a wall without damage. It was an interesting day.

I see you're rearranging things again. Have fun! :love: :bongrip:

When am I ever not changing things up Jim? Lol!

Bumped the wall with your body - I've don't that myself for a "Where'd that wall come from?" moment :rofl: - or with the spiffy little sports car? Either way, glad no one was injured

That is what I was thinking, pretty as a picture that one.
:cool:

She turned out to be the prettiest one so far, didn't she? I'm feeling ,NIDA befuddled that I let the garden get so far away from my own needs. I'll run out of my basic meds while keeping everyone else stocked and happy. When I start up again I want to keep that from happening again.

I feel good that this cycle got the daughter to the point that she feels stable with her meds, but by God, we have to keep me stable too, or we all pay the price of SweetSue possibly emotionally unhinged. :rofl:

I have the Lemon Haze J gifted me. She should be clicking along nicely by the time I get back, and I'll do what I can to replenish with exotic dispensary goods while I'm traveling. My budget doesn't run to the extreme indulgences for this trip, but the daughter has a hankering for some good wax.

There I go again, don't I? :rofl: Her needs before mine. Stop that Susan. Lol!

I still have Malawi and Blue Dream on hand and the Carnival should supply nicely. She's still cranking out the blooms with no signs of being ready to quit.

Morning After @SweetSue and everyone as usual

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hope no one overdid anything yesterday......

The plan meets reality.....

This is what I do, isn't it? Lol!

Ok, it suddenly occured to the run-away passionate part of my brain that I wasn't taking into account the smell emitted by that many plants flowering without carbon filtration. :rofl:

Ahhhh..... Scaling back to what's on hand. :battingeyelashes: I'll already have 2 DDAs going in the closet, wide open to the environment. Best to keep risk contained. We'll find a flow that meets everyone's needs with a bit of trial and error, and keep flowering girls in their tents with filtration.

The daughter and I were talking about the new CBD products on the market. There may be a way to formulate a medicine to meet the therapeutic need with something we haven't noticed yet.

Something new to consider as I head out to walk. :ciao:

Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday. :hug:

Happy Saturday lazyfish. :hug: It's sunny and warm here. Perfect day for a walk along the river.

Is there ever a bad day ....?...... Oh yeah, in the dead of winter with 30-mile winds blasting freezing sleet in your face. Those days aren't as doable. :rofl:

If using synthetic nutrients, I'd say, "It'll provide more oxygen to the roots, which is always good." But I am thinking that you are using "organics," and I have no experience with adding H₂O₂. Might kill whatever it is that's predigesting that kind of nutrient so the plants can use it. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. IDK. I get foggy a lot more than I used to.

Hempy pots in a perlite medium are not microbial growth zones. The medium is rock basically and the regular nutrient flushes put the kibosh on most real growth, but that's really the goal of the technique. We don't want any growth down in that medium other than roots.
Dirt is the place for all those thoughts really. Hempy pots are a hydro technique and mixing the two rarely goes well.

Now.... as for the coco... perhaps less flushing could allow some growth down there. The coco seems to retain moisture more. I could see a culture developing.... tho previously I always considered coco to be just another neutral medium.

2cents

Back
Top Bottom