SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Thats Good, my water ppm is like 360 or more, it sucks...LOL

Do u have a PH pen? If Not get one, or have yer neighbor friends come buy and determine your base on the water

If its 6.5ish yer dialed. Be curios after nutes how it settles in

Dang Chris, you have invisible rocks flowing from your tap! :laugh:

360ppm is higher than any tap I've ever measured, even Mississippi River water in New Orleans used to run around 140-160ppm. My current tap water is running around 60-70ppm, fairly low in my experience.

Peace
Keith

Thank you Kieth. I'll give thought to getting a water storage system in place. You know, in the entire time I've lived here I've been storing water for plants in one way or another. Lol!

Good luck getting the pool usable. It'll make all the difference as the season progresses:hug:

OK guys, time to make the jump.

SweetSue's Hempy Haven - Powered By Timber - current

360ppm is higher than any tap I've ever measured, even Mississippi River water in New Orleans used to run around 140-160ppm. My current tap water is running around 60-70ppm, fairly low in my experience.

Peace
Keith

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mine usually runs around 179 out of the tap. I run it through a little brita pitcher with a filter on it.....I swear that thing don’t filter crap! Lol. One time I checked the tap water...179. Ran it through the filter...205...wtf? :rofl:
I just decided as long as the plants seem healthy and happy I would worry too much about it!

Peace
Keith

280 outta my tap.

I don't worry about it and just let it set out a couple of days to vent the "choromides" (apparently not chlorine, but I'm supposed to get rid of whatever bad juju it is anyway....). Hell.... I figure a good part of them ppm's outta be bits that help plants grow.... so it's not all bad.

280 outta my tap.

I don't worry about it and just let it set out a couple of days to vent the "choromides" (apparently not chlorine, but I'm supposed to get rid of whatever bad juju it is anyway....). Hell.... I figure a good part of them ppm's outta be bits that help plants grow.... so it's not all bad.

Chloramines don't evaporate away. They need to be exposed to some organic matter. I used to toss a pinch of soil into the bucket, stir it up and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Learned that trick the first grow. :battingeyelashes:

Mine runs around 400 with lots of iron in it. I'm not certain as it could have been other factors, but I put in an under sink RO system, as it seemed to mess with the balance of the kit soil over time. My girls are happier now, but I still have some of the issues I was attributing to it, so I'm not certain how much was actually due to my water.

This journal has come to a close, and at 235 pages, not a minute too soon. Lol!

Thank you all for accompanying me as I continue learning the many ways to grow cannabis and process it into potent, usable medicine.

The joyful journey continues with the sponsored journal with Timber Grow Lights. The link is in my signature. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Peace
Keith
Is a persons TDS the same as PPM? Is PPM just the measurement of TDS? Kinda havent looked into water quality info to much extent. But my tap water tested at 1150 TDS! EC was 1790, PH - 7.3. Definitely gonna continue using the RO filter lol

Is a persons TDS the same as PPM? Is PPM just the measurement of TDS? Kinda havent looked into water quality info to much extent. But my tap water tested at 1150 TDS! EC was 1790, PH - 7.3. Definitely gonna continue using the RO filter lol
TDS=Total Dissolved Solids. It's expressed in a number... parts per million... or PPM.
So, different aspects of the same thing.
For example, a correct sentence would be "My TDS are at 420 ppm."

Here's something important to note:

The TDS meters don't actually measure PPM's. They measure the Electro-Conductivity (EC) of the solution and then convert that EC to PPM's.

However, different meters use different conversion factors to go from EC to PPM, so, depending on which algorithm your meter uses, you can end up with two different PPM reading on the same solution from two different, perfectly calibrated meters!

For example, with a Hanna Meter, 1 EC is 500 PPM while on a Truncheon meter, 1 EC is 700 PPM, and on the Eutech meters, 1 EC is 640 PPM!

That makes things a little more fun, huh? :rolleyes:

Some meters actually let you select the conversion factor.

BTW, this also means that, when you're discussing PPM's with others, giving the measurements as EC is much more "universal" since the same PPM measurement can mean two different things to two different growers/meters.

from my westview water report

Total Dissolved Solids¹ 140 ppm

They say over 150 ppm's is considered "Hard Water" but I don't know which meter or calibration factor that's supposed to be based on!!! :rofl:

Hi there Susan!

It sure HOT down here in the deep south, like a freakin oven! I haven't lived in these parts in over a couple of decades and I'm not acclimated yet, that'll take a couple of years I imagine. Maybe never at my age. I use H2O2 at a rate of 5-10ml (1-2 teaspoons) per gallon of water, shake, let it sit for 48 hours, and then add my nutrients and pH to 5.8 for perlite. I use a dozen or so recycled milk jugs to store the water while the H2O2 does it's magic.

I wouldn't go to much stronger in the H2O2 to H2O ratio, it reaches a point of being detrimental to roots at high concentrations. If you are using 3% (off the shelf in America) then being a little off in the ratio isn't a problem, in fact I know how much of a squirt straight out of a bottle to use after this long. If using 35% industrial H2O2, be VERY careful handling and measuring, it is literally rocket fuel!

Now I wish I had the pool that came with this house fixed up and usable, it looks like a green swamp pond right now!

Peace
Keith[/QUOTE
Want me to come down & throw a couple catfish in your "cement pond" then we can get stoned and go fishing without leaving the yard!!! :rofl::rofl:

It sure HOT down here in the deep south, like a freakin oven! I haven't lived in these parts in over a couple of decades and I'm not acclimated yet, that'll take a couple of years I imagine

Took me 5. Probably 10 before I could really dance in the heat... and working in it will sure slow your ass down.
Northerners often speak of the slow pace of life down south.... they have no idea of the impact this has on life.

Back
Top Bottom