Swine flue epidemic. Are we at higher risk?

420cannaseur

What are your thoughts and opinions on the issue of an increased chance that when smoking pot with multiple people all smoking the same (pipe, joint, bong, vap, etc,) that it is an easy way to be exposed to the swine flu? Im not exactly sure how contagious it is and am curious if any of you have any information you could enlighten me with!

Arming yourself with knowledge is the best offense!:goodjob:

Never a good idea to share pipes but I think the risk is minimal. The whole swin flu coverage is getting a little out of hand. As long as you're a reasonably healthy person without lung or immune system issues its not much of a danger.

Never a good idea to share pipes but I think the risk is minimal. The whole swin flu coverage is getting a little out of hand. As long as you're a reasonably healthy person without lung or immune system issues its not much of a danger.

does that mean you never share a bowl you load in your own pipe? I find it hard that around friends its hard to control who gets the pipe and who doesnt.
I would feel like a douche if i denied someone from a bowl out of fear of being infected. I say this only because of one of my good friends that i occasionaly smoke with little sister's school got shut down from one of the students having swine flu. Im sure i will be fine but as a procaution il limit my smoke outs with said friend.
PHP:

if your friends all had bronchitis and some form of hardcore stomach virus, would you feel the same way?
I would feel like a douche if i denied someone from a bowl out of fear of being infected.

i'm sorry but health has absolutely nothing to do with courtesy, think about it.
especially if they are your friends, friends understand, only associates and strangers don't.

it shouldn't be that big of a deal as long as you or the people you are smoking with haven't been in contact with pigs, or other infected. right now the risk is very low, especially in urban and suburban areas... but if you live in a rural area... its up to you...

I have been preventing myself by actually not sharing to smoke unless i know the people and know for a fact that they dont have it or have not come in contact with it, but someone today told me that it can be treated just like anyother flu the only reason why people died is because they didnt take care of it! but idk i guess its kinda scary but it isnt at the same time

DATELINE:GENEVA -- Officials at WHAT (World Health Attack Team) have been constantly working to find a cure for Swine Flu since the disease emerged last month. Last night, a major breakthrough was announced. Smoking marijuana prevents Swine Flu.

Doctors were surprised to discover the active ingredient in marijuana coats the lungs and prevents infection from occurring. Doctors were also shocked to discover smoking marijuana cures ailing patients instantly. Only three puffs of marijuana are needed to kill the Swine Flu in sickened adults.

Tests at WHAT show that Martian Devil Killer Weed is the best variety of marijuana to use in the prevention of Swine Flu. Rolling Thunder and Bug-Eye Pop are also highly recommended, although any strain of marijuana works.

President Obama was informed of the discovery early this morning. He declared the month of May as National Marijuana Smoking Month and lit up a joint in the Oval Office. He then signed Executive Order #420 and legalized the weed.

Homeland Security will begin mailing an ounce of marijuana to every household in the country, beginning today. The marijuana is extremely potent but mellow. Government officials recommend smoking at least once every four hours until the Swine Flu is extinct.

Source

if the risk is so low, why did obama upgrade it to a level 5 out of 6?

I believe that WHO (World Health Organization) were the ones who upgraded it to pandemic level 5. I think... Might be wrong.

Also, to answer the original question of "Are we at higher risk?". Only if you knowingly share smoking devices / tools (pipes, joints, w/e) with people you don't know, and are sick. If you are smoking with friends, you should be able to tell, or know, if they are sick with something, and if thats the case i would just say "hey man, mind smoking your own joint?". We've done that in the past, the one guy just smoking his own, he also stood a couple feet away from us, like near the window, so if he coughed, he would cough out the window, and not towards us.

I did read an article, published w/ help from Cannabis Science Inc., that said the swine flu(H1S1 ... i think) and the other one(H5S1) could have there fatal symptoms prevented from marijuana use. Read up on it by looking up Swine Flu Marijuana on google, should be first link.

What are your thoughts and opinions on the issue of an increased chance that when smoking pot with multiple people all smoking the same (pipe, joint, bong, vap, etc,) that it is an easy way to be exposed to the swine flu? Im not exactly sure how contagious it is and am curious if any of you have any information you could enlighten me with!

Arming yourself with knowledge is the best offense!:goodjob:

My thoughts: I have had periods when I consumed large amounts on a daily basis and I have also endured times when I didn't. I found that my health was much better in general when I was consuming and I also seemed to catch less ills from "randoms" (I've always tried to use common sense when around people that I knew were sick with something).

simple solution, don't share smoking devices until the situation disappears.

And never share them with people that you know have anything contagious.

if the risk is so low, why did obama upgrade it to a level 5 out of 6?

You may have noticed that in the past couple of decades our politicians have played upon the population's terror (much more than average I mean) to further their own agenda. Our current administration is definitely no exception.

DATELINE:GENEVA -- Officials at WHAT (World Health Attack Team) have been constantly working to find a cure for Swine Flu since the disease emerged last month. Last night, a major breakthrough was announced. Smoking marijuana prevents Swine Flu.https://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i52352

Funny and all, don't get me wrong (I laughed) - but you ought to mention to people that your source was Spoof as not everyone checks links lol.

Well I guess its a good thing that the little microbes don't like to get high!

Back
Top Bottom