Switch from veg to bloom nutes

Mongbrain0406

Hello I’ve just switched my plant to flower about 8 days ago I’m still giving her grow nutes I’m growing in coco / perlite and I’m currently giving her just over half strength grow nutes I know you not suppose to just suddenly switch but how do I gradually stop one and start giving it the bloom nutes do I start giving it less of the grow but start mixing in the bloom nutes as well or ?? Thanks for the help

Hi there - What kind of nutes are you giving them, and what does the manufacturer recommendation suggest? Not that you should follow it to a T, but it's hard to get a grasp of what to do without understanding the levels of minerals and compounds going into the plant already.

1/2 strength? The idea is to push all the nutrients into the plant without killing it so your plant grows as much as it can.
At this point, you want to be following the label instructions not trying to get by on less nutes.
Follow what the fertilizer manufacturer recommends on the label.
If your fertilizer is made to grow cannabis then you need to read the label and follow it.
The manufacturer's instructions are there to be followed, not skimped on. So what if it's too much? If it is not affecting growth, it is just a few coins wasted which is better than saving a few and getting less quality/quanity.

I’ve heard it can shock the plant just stopping giving grow nutes and starting it on bloom nutes .. so how do I gradually transition from grow nutes to bloom nutes do I start giving it both And just less and less at a time of the grow nutes until it’s just on the flower nutes or ?

If that is your concern contact the fertilizer company's customer service department. They are the experts on their line. If you truly need to reduce, they will tell you.
I know I'm an outlier with my suggestion to speak with the customer service department instead of just going with the crowd and ignoring label instructions but that is why they are available to ask these questions.
I personally do not reduce quantities below recommended levels and have never had problems but then I never listen to Weed forum advice in lieu of what agronomy textbooks or manufacture labels have to say.

Back
Top Bottom