Switched from Miracle Grow to Foxfarms, trying to survive!

Goodmorning Fam, heres a little update on the straggler we got going on here. Fed her about 2 days ago and im definitely starting to see fresh new green growth. Wedding Cake is showing its first two leafs as well :)

A64F3C94-1D6B-4384-9819-42507902CF3A.jpeg

AEC1C5FB-71A1-44CA-BE7C-C24FFA82D548.jpeg

2148E803-957D-4F9C-A43C-E8661BBE0DE7.jpeg

A37FA878-BE2D-4DC9-886C-37A338991E79.jpeg

Goodmorning Fam, heres a little update on the straggler we got going on here. Fed her about 2 days ago and im definitely starting to see fresh new green growth. Wedding Cake is showing its first two leafs as well :)

A64F3C94-1D6B-4384-9819-42507902CF3A.jpeg

AEC1C5FB-71A1-44CA-BE7C-C24FFA82D548.jpeg

2148E803-957D-4F9C-A43C-E8661BBE0DE7.jpeg

A37FA878-BE2D-4DC9-886C-37A338991E79.jpeg
Awesome! Great news!!!

You can all follow my journey with the new ones in the Grow Journal section. Day 1 will start once I see the first 4 official leafs.

That is not saying a whole lot about PROMIX if you have to rebuild it. But I guess it is all in what you are after. I wanted a nice easy way to grow weed of good quality, However this is like model airplanes and rocketry, you can take it as far and as detailed as you like.
You cam go straight up with Pro-Mix. I used it without anything other than my normal nutes. I had a single plant in Pro-Mix, and it grew amazingly. Especially considering that because of my rookie mistake when I planted it the roots were bound to hell. It grew cockeyed but healthy.

20220911_110612.jpg

These are $ GSC and a Poochie Love grown FFOF with a super soil bottom. I take these with a Nikon I don't really know how to work it the best. Sorry for the size as well.
DSCN0564.JPG
DSCN0566.JPG
DSCN0565.JPG

That is my point.its inert ,,,if you didn’t ADD nutrients your plants Would Not Thrive... you can basically grow a plant in a diaper If its big enough and you and nutrients

Hey squisha ..how’s that plant coming along? If you’re still bumping along lift the little lady out of the pot and check out the roots, should be white,if there brown looking to much water.Add some fresh potting “ soil and dampen “ keep it moist and don’t use any nutrients for a week or so, when you see some nice green new growth then you can give it some ( about half straight) 10 52 10 npk. You will need to grow the roots,to support a healthy plant...Then move to a water soluble Furt. With a higher nitrogen content for veg.growth .its your first grow use a good water soluble 2 part System , don’t pay for liquid furt.its probably 80 percent water,,and you have plenty of that rite at your taps ( just let it sit for 24hrs to get rid of the chlorine ,) then ph it ...you really don’t need to get to complex first time out of the shoot. Its supposed to be a good relaxing time ,,

Lots of a fresh new green growth has been pushing since my last feeding a few days ago. Waiting patiently to become fully dry. Not sure if i should top or lst

51119FB0-1479-4248-8FF9-2B39ABE077CA.jpeg
So happy to see this turned around. Knew it would!

Give it a little more time..still looking a little yellow on the top foliage. You can always top later,let it go,then you can remove any lower growth you don’t want.cant remember is it auto or photo

Those meters suck! I had one and it caused more problems than it was worth. When the pot is dry lift it up, feel the weight, then when needed, water, then lift the pot and feel the difference. Some people even weigh them, wet vs dry, but I'm not quite that motivated.
When I first started growing I couldn’t tell a watered grow bag from a grow bag filled with iron cannon balls. Some people use a grow bag with soil that they keep just for weighing the difference. I used a digital bathroom scale. Ya gotta find what works best for you. Good luck. CL🍀

I got a plant that I have been carrying in and out daily and I can tell if she is dry by lifting but I have 5 in my tent. The plants are passing through my second net screen and can't be lifted anymore. I do use those 2 prong meters moisture only, but if the pot is dry to my knuckle I am going to water it some and consider it when the others need it. My concern is over watering, I don't have to do something every time I look in on them has been almost a mantra.

I got a plant that I have been carrying in and out daily and I can tell if she is dry by lifting but I have 5 in my tent. The plants are passing through my second net screen and can't be lifted anymore. I do use those 2 prong meters moisture only, but if the pot is dry to my knuckle I am going to water it some and consider it when the others need it. My concern is over watering, I don't have to do something every time I look in on them has been almost a mantra.
It’s definitely better to under water then over water but not to the point of killing your plants. I would read @Emilya’s thread on how to properly water. I would’ve killed mine months ago without her. Thanks Em.

Just started with the LST Technique for this bad boi. Next will be topping. I can start to see some of the roots coming near the holes at the bottom of the pot :) that last watering and feed was great but been lasting days haha

1CB083CE-CF67-491B-B2C0-EF445C5C6E46.jpeg

0632CF0D-EC38-412E-B0C3-7E8DAA49DF6F.jpeg

23588723-6719-4E84-9F2E-5A6CC6886F69.jpeg
She looks like a monster crop Amnesia I had, all twisted like that! I love it! So where you thinking of topping? Wanna circle it on a pic? Sometimes it's hard when they grow all screwy like that but so stoked to see her growing and her coloring improving with each post!

Here are the places I have topped so far, I’m not positive whether the super bright yellow main shoots will produce new tops but I clipped to see. :) super excited with this bro, and definitely ready to do all of the right things with these next Wedding Cake 🎂 babies I posted in the Grow Journal

95C56323-7089-42BF-808D-E57666927E66.jpeg

1F0D95CB-089C-498D-843F-146EC308E86F.jpeg

36093005-772C-48A6-A23B-411A22D9F4F6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom