Switched to CaMg+ have major problems now

hashnuggs

Hi, Wondering if anyone can help me.
I haven't been on here in awhile.
I'm having major issues with plant leafs turning yellow and crispy.
Both in flower and veg. I just switched to from cal mag to CaMg+.

first my setup:

Coco and Perlite in 5 gallon fabric pots.

Flower room -
400 HPS with cool tube.
Temp is 76F-80F
30-40% humidity

Veg room -
T5 200W
Temp 70-76F
Humidity 30-50%

Nutes: GH Micro and Bloom Lucas formula
I add Botanicare Silica Blast, AN Bud candy, GH FloraBlend and when doing transplants I add Bonticare Hydro guard and great white.

I been using this for well over a year and I also used Bonticare's Calmag. Only problems that I was having is that Calmag would give my plants the claw(too much Nitrogen) and i would flush and go. Calcium and magnesium deficiency also seem to be a slight issue but never doing much other than leaf cuffing up.

I switched to CaMg+ (the organic stuff) in hopes of no more nitrogen issues. With in a couple weeks of using this stuff veg and flower room plants leafs yellow and crispy. Been flushing and veg room plants coming back but look scragley and one plant in flower is just yellow but alive? fox tailing new green leafs. Anyways I'm wanting to blame CaMg+ as the strain that is yellow i have grown before with same level of nutes and PPM and never had issues like this and i went light on the food this round cause the strain was a light feeder. Anyone have similar issues?

Also forgot to add I have serveral TDS and PH meters. Ph is 5.9-6.0 in flower and 5.8-5.9 in veg. TDS varies depending on age of plant, but never high in flower as about 800 max.

Few other questions I have to sneak into this post...

Royal Queen strains light feeders?

and

I'm wanting to move away from the lucas formula. Is there a simple nute line that is working out well that has the added cal and mag in for coco ?

Last question: I have friend wanting to do coco and perlite with LEDs, will he need extra Cal mag on top of the extra needed for coco?

Thanks in advance anyone who can help

i'm no expert but I have read that you can feed you're girls too much calcium or magnesium and if you do they can lock out each other which in return can cause yellowing. try a higher dose of bloom and reduce CaMg+ or stop it altogether. this worked for me as I had the same prob

Back
Top Bottom