Switching from veg to flower?

In other words, I wouldn’t worry about them getting enough light 3-4” above where you thought they might be burning.

Hey felipeblu! So, everything has been very good! I added space between the plants and the light and the burning has seemed to stop, so that’s good. One question I have now is, since I put the bigger dehumidifier in, the plants moisture level has become dry a lot faster. I watered my plants yesterday, and I used my moisture meter and it is already dry, seemingly ready for another watering. Is this normal? I don’t know if I should be watering every day. Let me know what you think! Thanks man :)

The idea is to promote root growth in early to mid veg by keeping the plant thirsty. By late veg, the plant should be in its final pot at least 2 weeks before flowering. Never let a flowering plant dry out.

Are you still in veg? When was your last repot? Might be time.

The idea is to promote root growth in early to mid veg by keeping the plant thirsty. By late veg, the plant should be in its final pot at least 2 weeks before flowering. Never let a flowering plant dry out.

Are you still in veg? When was your last repot? Might be time.

About 3 weeks into veg, I transplanted them into a 5 gallon pot, which I understand is a mistake I made. I transplanted them too early and to a very large pot. But that being said, out of all of the articles I read about it, it was common to find that they needed to be in 3-5 gallon pot for the rest of their growth. They are in their second week of flower and they are still growing a lot. One of the plants has stopped “stretching” and seems to be focusing more energy in flowering, and the other is still “stretching”, it even grew another inch over night. Could a problem be that, my closet being a smaller space, that my large dehumidifier being right next to the plants could be affecting it?

Hey guys!!

So I got the humidity levels under control. I ended up getting a 30pt dehumidifier and it has done the trick. It brings up the temperature too high sometimes, but nothing opening the door for 15 minutes can’t fix. The problem I’m running into now is still dealing with leaves burning. I have gotten them to a distance of 23inches away from the lights, and they are still burning. I’m not sure what to do, should I put them 30 inches away? I want to make sure they’re getting the proper amount of light, but I don’t want them to be burning. I’m using Viparspectra V300 lights from amazon, if that helps. Thanks for tuning in! Below are pictures of the burns and of the setup.
Hi DM, Intheshed had a super idea the other week. Use a screen to filter the light if your at you last resort burning them with the light.

They are in their second week of flower and they are still growing a lot. One of the plants has stopped “stretching” and seems to be focusing more energy in flowering, and the other is still “stretching”, it even grew another inch over night.

See my above answer then - don’t let them dry out too much in flower.
:passitleft:

The more often you water, the less concentrated your feed should be, but you do need to feed with every watering.

Awesome, thank you! Also, I know it’s best to do all trimming during veg, but I have some branches not getting much light at all, and leaves on them are starting to die (they’re at the bottom of the plant). Is it okay to trim these off, even though they’re in flower?

Back
Top Bottom