Switching nutes

Steemer

I've decided to switch from Foxfarms to AN sensi A and B (I got a good deal from a buddy) I need to do a res change tomorrow or Tuesday. Is it going to affect my plants? They were 3 weeks from sprout yesterday.All three are down in the water now:yummy:

I switch nutes all the time. I use AN if I want chemicals, and then I have used AN organic Iguana Juice, and Botanicare Pro Blend organic. I myself have not had any issues and I look at it as my plants getting more variety in their diet. Some of it has been due to time and just mixing one nute is a huge time saver, other times just getting mixed up changing 4 buckets, and putting the nutes in the wrong bucket so they just run that nute for the week. I never combine nutes/brands. I haven't detailed it like a science but I have never killed a plant doing it and can't say there have been any setbacks from it. I am not pushing one brand over the other just saying I have switched up nutes many times.

Plus if your plants are 3/4 weeks from seed how many weeks have they had nutes and at what strength?

I have switched in the middle with no harmful affects and I have seen many new posts from other growers saying they switched and got an improvement in growth.

You are feeding them N P K amounts and there is a measurement for that. If you kept the same N P K levels or same PPM amounts, why would it do any harm.

I do suggest a Drain and Replenish, and then start with a smaller dose or amount than called for, when you first introduce the new nutes. Make a gradual change in a 3 day steps just to be cautious.
I think FryingPanFlyer recently changed nutes from Stealth Hydro pre-measured nutes to AN. Ask him how it went.

AN nutes wont do anything to your plants if you switch, its all good. just check there calculator and have it set on light feeding and see how they react. if they want more then bump up to the next feeding level. i love AN and wont turn to anything else. altho you do have to know what to get and whats just a marketing deal. i run seni 2 part veg and bloom, the boosters i use. big bud, overdrive, bud candy. also a root accelerator im going to be trying out next run. ive tried there bud blood it did make them show sex with in 3 days but ive never had a plant take longer then a week with out it. final phaze i have but i dont use it, i get the same result flushing with plain old water. i do want to switch out the sensi bloom 2 part for the connoisseur a&b. i hear it makes a huge difference when comparing the 2.

Steemer, if your running a highly controlled NASA grow, switching nutes would make your whole experiment invalid, but if your just a home hobbyist you'll be just fine switching nutes. I don't come across any post where people say they switched nutes and the plants died.

Scientific experiement = don't change
Growing some weed = change nutes

sorry about the link to the other site....what a bunch o you know what! havent figured out the pic thing yet

You might want to edit that out... or the Mods will have to do it since it's against guidelines. Pics are hard at first, but there is a tutorial in the photo section. Check it out, and let me know if you still need help.

About the nutes... you'll be fine switching - I've switched during my last grow several times, and combined nutes with good effect. I always have a tubs of GH dry nutes just in case I run out of my Dutch Masters.

I could see a problem switching NPK nutes with a soil grow to ones of different NPK values , but with hydro, you don't have to deal with buildup in the medium.

Can you do multiple photos? Can only seem to do one at a time?

phpym4bYVAM1.jpg

phpX1AS3MAM.jpg

Let the leaf live. Let it fall off on its own. The plants will be ok. You should see some new growth in the next week. Look at those leaves as they will be the ones showing how the new nutes are doing.

Steemer, if your running a highly controlled NASA grow, switching nutes would make your whole experiment invalid, but if your just a home hobbyist you'll be just fine switching nutes. I don't come across any post where people say they switched nutes and the plants died.

Scientific experiement = don't change
Growing some weed = change nutes

I like that! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom