Switching out 1 of my facilities HPS's for LEDs

Elmer Fud

So, as title says. I'm switching out my 68,000 watt HPS gavita system for 40 HLG 550 v2 r's.

I have done extensive research on these from Horticulture, and I am simply blown away... speechless. One light covers a 6x6 area and draws half the wattage. Absolutly NO HEAT, and is flawlessly designed. The joule output is 2.5 or something crazy... Has anyone here used these HLG's from Horticulture before? Or are currently using them? (They are pretty bran new..) if so, I just ordered the 40 and they will be here next week. Any pointers on set up? Spacing? Any tidbits I should know prior to them set up?

Thanks in advance.

68,000 watts of HPS?????? Wow what I could do with that kind of power LMAO. As of now I can't even imagine what the electric bill is for a set up that big. Probably more than my monthly income LOL.

Just dropping your electric bill that much should do a lot for your overhead. Which is key to staying in business. Electric bills for you are real similar to someone on a limited income. To survive you need to consider every penny.

Personally if I was going to spend the cash that you are to retool a grow that size. I would have had a company rep design the light system around your space. My guess is you spent close to $60,000 for the lights. For that kind of cash most companies will bend over backwards to help you. Unless your grow is less than legal. Then you are on your own LMAO.

Agreed ^
Any company standing to make that kind of money from one sale will most definitely come to you and setup the whole thing or at the very least they would design it. If not threaten to cancel the order and I bet your doorbell will ring.
Some of these youtube videos show just that scenario all the time on the big farms.

. first of all, nice to meet you. :Namaste:
Second of all. I'm a licensed producer/micro licensed cultivator and have 4 facilities across Canada. (Ontario and BC).

Thirdly, I understand to some people who are not on the commercial level, that these numbers can be astounishing.. I get it. But, my (small) 70,000 watt set up in one of my smaller facilities is NOTHING compared to some of my friends. Lol..

however, they are all double ended Gavitas. As for the hydro bill? That's one reason why I'm switching in this specific location/facility.. (gonna test em out to see what they can do) But really, it's not as much as you think. Lol, let's not get out of hand here. It's just a medium sized facility. (21,000 sq ft total) so yes. I want to save on the bill. But it's not anywhere near "too much", if ya get my drift...

I've been in a building that has 500 HPS's.... lol again tho, I understand coming from a homegrower those numbers must be unfathomable. But, it's no big deal.. The ROI is still 1000:1 +.... Electric bill is nothing. Few plants pays the Bill's :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anywho, much love everyone! And when I'm done switching out my gavitas for HLG's next week I'll post some pics. :snowboating:

Agreed ^
Any company standing to make that kind of money from one sale will most definitely come to you and setup the whole thing or at the very least they would design it. If not threaten to cancel the order and I bet your doorbell will ring.
Some of these youtube videos show just that scenario all the time on the big farms.
I'm a consultant for newly micro licensed and some ACMPR & MMr license holders on the side of my own facilities.. I've designed a entire 250,000 sq ft facilty to.spec and code.. And many others. No need to hire anyone for that. ;-) but thanks for your Input! :snowboating::Namaste:

Would love to see some photos of your facility some time. A grow journal on a commercial scale would be cool. :ganjamon:

Already in the works! And a few pics have been posted. I'm currently switching from 68 dbl ended gavitas. To 40 HLG 550 v2'rs. So when construction is done (mondayish) and they have been installed. I'll be glad too. But I have posted pics of one of my transition rooms. Theres 358 plants there 80 5 footers or was now they are scattered due to a light switch.. :) heres a few. Just of the transition rooms when my L.E.D's are hung Monday I'll snap a nice pic of the flowering rooms and veg rooms :Namaste::snowboating:

Attachments

• 20190811_073541.jpg
    20190811_073541.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 20190728_074845.jpg
    20190728_074845.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190722_101600.jpg
    20190722_101600.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
:slide: :green_heart: :snowboating: Sorry for the late reply. Been swamped.. so had to make a switch from the HLG's 550 v2 r's. To the equinox 1000w 240v well here is a 80% done test room. So far, I have 13 set up. Will have 20 in this test room and 20 in another test room. Pics a coming up. My entire team and staff have been swamped lately with all new upgrades across 3 of our facilities so bare with me ya'll. :)

I am LOVING them thus far. I'll know the true story come harvest day... but as for heat. 0. They convert from 120v to 240 with 1 chord. Dimmer switch on the side. And are amazingly light and easy to handle. Turn key out of the box. So far so good. I have a room with 30 HLG's 550 V2's. And am also impressed. Overall, I'm now a L.E.D guy... hands down... its been a long hard battle. Love my HPS's. But you can't beat L.ED's efficiency around EVERYTHING.

When these test rooms are done. I'm gonna make my choice of lights. and retro fit all my facilities and grow spaces with the winner. Horticulture, or equinox... who will it be?? !!

Also, this room will be entirely scrog'd. And all these plants won't be the ones staying. This is just holding these girls until the long weekend is over :thumb:

(In the last pic I'm pointing to where another row of L.ED's are going monday)

Attachments

• 20190830_193602.jpg
    20190830_193602.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20190830_193606.jpg
    20190830_193606.jpg
    770.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190830_163504.jpg
    20190830_163504.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 122
Ah, so the Equinox come in 2 color flavours, while the HLG's are 3000 only
Nope. Equinox comes in a variety of spectrums. And so does the 550's. The 550 v2 r's are 3500 k for both veg and flower (fullspec) and they also have the 3000k's and 4000k's.. but I heard from their rep during the purchase of a room full of the 550 V2's, that they where dropping the 4000k's cause they have the 550 v2 r's..

All light manufactures offer a variety of spectrums and lights. Equinox however does not have a full spectrum l.e.d thus far. But it's in the works. :green_heart: :slide: :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom