Switching to 20/4 from 18/6 on autos? Humidity and low temp issues

jimmyclone

Hay there 420land, ive been having some low temp , high humidity issues for a couple days and have switched my lighting schedule to 20/4. They ran 18/6 for 8 days. I hope it will be ok to do this after they were on 18/6. Is there any benifit to the 20/4???? I have read mixed results. I have been juggling the exhaust fan/filter to find the sweet spot. Unlike most on here im fighting low temps, not high. On day 2 of sprout i saw the tent hit 14.6 on lights out with the extraction fan on full time and humidity went down to 32%. So now i have the fan run for about 45mins now every 3rd hour of lights on. Getting better. Im running a 1000w mh right now at 75%. I havr a journal going if u want more info or pics.. Thanks in advance everyone... Love this site..

It seems that your plants are auto flowering. With auto plants, you do not have to reduce the lighting to 12/12. The plant will flower without lighting changes.

Some suggest 24/0, since 'they' have not found a reason for darkness. Even so, I run all my plants, including auto, on a 20/4 schedule and they are doing great! Of course, when it is time for flowering on a non-auto plant, I drop to 12/12.

As a BTW, for those using hydro systems: Do not make my learning mistakes. I would check the water level every few days and I kept getting nutrient burns. When I checked and began watering every day, the problems went away. Think of it this way, as your water level lowers, the amount of nutrients effectively increase. Water evaporates, the nutrients stay. So, if your container is half full, your nutrient level has doubled.

Very simple, but it was not contained in any of the 12 (so far) books that I have read. Yes, it is common sense, but this engineer failed to realize this simple fact!

I do not share your problem of lower temperatures. But, what temperature 'format' are you using? It seems that this is an indoor grow, so I do not understand why it would be so cold indoors. You have power for lights, so what about using a temperature regulated electric heater(s)?

I hope this helps you.

I have a heater that i run on a separate timer for off times but its a heat dish that is ditectional. Its probably pulling close to 750w anyway, so i figure if people are getting similar yields or mabe better, i would run the light longer. Its inside but in a cold rm... Anyone tried a direct comparison between 18/6 and 20/4???? Results??? Thanks msdt..

Back
Top Bottom