Switching to inside

Jlac

Hey guys. Been growing outside for three years now with really good success but trying a grow inside this year. Any tips when switching?

My set up. I have a cold room in the basement. I have an intake and a fan for exhaust. Also a small electric heater set at 20 to 25 ish to help keep it livable due to the external intake. I have a 1200w LED panel set 28inches above my seedlings. Soil grow with smart pots. Humidity is about 40 to 60 depending on outside conditions and I dont have means right now to keep that consistant.

Humidity will only be an issue if its to high during flowering but warm air and airflow and strong light are a must for a successful indoor grow.Other wise looks like your ready to get it done.:goodjob:
20191115_150044.jpg

I know I'm getting ready for my first grow inside during the winter. We get bad ones too. Air flow is a must for inside along with keeping temps in prime condition. Good luck on the grow.

Thanks guys. Yeah the air flow was a concern for me. Like I said I already had the intake/exhaust built in. It's just the challenges of keeping the room warm enough now. If I cant keep things above 20 I may make a new intake port in the door and plug the one that's already there

In winter time I stop air intake from outside (too cold) and same with exhaust thru my scrubber. The humidity lowers a bit, our home isn't air tight enough to be an issue. Its better to keep your temps up than worry about the cold.

I've found its much easier to grow indoors in fall winter and spring.

I don't sweat the rH just want to keep the air moving and the temps between 15-20C and its going to be fine. Down the stretch I might open a window a crack to cool it down at lights out but depends. I can get temps down to 13C at night. Give the plants some pretty colors. Just keep it warmish during VEG and early flowering (stretch).

Edit: IF you growing in basement monitor the floor temps. Cold floors in contact with root zone in plants can stunt growth. Its possible to have floor temps at 10C and room air temps much higher.

If your floor is cold to the touch I would add a layer of thin board insulation under the pots.

If you're growing in soil are you thinking of doing Living Organic Soil or are you bottle feeding?
If you decide to bottle feed then I would just use coco with about 30% pumice and a little biochar.
With coco you can do fine with 5-7 gallon fabric pots and the only watering problem will be trying to water enough, coco needs to stay moist.
Coco works better with synthetic nutrients than soil and much easier to water.

If you want to do LOS then you can do a mostly sorta LOS by doing a super soil in the bottom 3rd of a 10 gallon fabric pot and Living soil top 2/3rds and water only and inoculate with mycorrhazae.

Or you could do more of a true Living Organic Soil and do No-till.
In at least 15 gallon Fabric pot, a Clackamas Coots soil recipe, inoculate with mycorrhazae, start a cover crop, add a couple hundred worms, mulch layer, Rove Beetles etc.
Water with coconut water and aloe vera, Yucca extract, mycorrhazae inoculate, and alfalfa and corn sprouted seed tea.

And a properly done LOS no-till is watered virtually the same as coco, so again no real watering concerns other than making sure you water enough which is every single day.
I haven't had a cannabis plant growing for a month now but I still water my no-till pots every single day to keep the soil moist for the worms and cover crop.

And Fabric pots need airspace of about 2" under them, need pot elevators.

Thanks for the input bobrown. The floor is gravel so I did lift them up on a coffee table to avoid the cold floor. And Nunyabiz I really wanted to go coco and try my hand at that but for my first go I stuck with soil. Pro mix with advanced nutrients organic line. After this grow I will decide if I want to go all out hydro or the coco route. I love trying new thing... part of the medicinal aspect for me is actually growing it.
I'll post a picture tomorrow and keep you guys updated that took the time to throw out some advice.

Hey jlac! How ya doin? :high-five:

Since you like trying new things, have you heard of hempy? Like coco, but with a 2” deep reservoir that prevents you from having to water every day. With 100% perlite, the nutrient-rich water wicks up to 12”, keeping roots moist while you play.
:surf:

20191123_193005.jpg
getting bushier. Just throwing out what I have done light wise. I have my 1200w bestva led. Was at 28 inches with only veg light on at this point. I was doing some reading today and decided to go to 23 inches above canopy with both switches on. Gonna check back in a bit to see if the plants tell me anything. Throw some knowledge at me if you have any

Back
Top Bottom