Swollen nodes and red stems - What strain?

AKgramma

This plant was from one of the mystery seed sent along with an order from Nirvana. I've never seen this among the photos I have seen. Every Y joint has these swollen nodes and has bright green stems. There is some veg growing out of the swollen structures. Too early to tell what they are, could be either leaf buds or future male pods.

Any ideas what this could be? Ballpark guesses?

Nodes-red_stems.JPG

If you’re are using purple lights it will cause a cal/mag deficiency. If you know your EC is good, water temp, watering when they ask. It could be from light Exposure, could be from a deficiency of sulfur, could also be an excess of nitrogen. You’ll just have to do some research and put 2 & 2 together. If your EC isn’t right you can get Nute lock out causing some deficiencies. I HIGHLY recommend getting LED full spectrum quantum boards. As I said earlier the purple lights will cause deficiencies. And it’s not a great source of light. There is no green light plants thrive on green light which you will get with a full spectrum quantum board. Node distance will be closer Plants will be happier

Seedfinder.eu is now closing in on almost 26,000 known cannabis strain crosses in their database (thats up by almost 1000 new strains in only 2 years time) but the hardest part is - they all look like marijuana…

but the best part is now that I’ve thrown down the gauntlet some one will come by and say oh yeah thats XZY genetics and nail it …. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This plant was from one of the mystery seed sent along with an order from Nirvana. I've never seen this among the photos I have seen. Every Y joint has these swollen nodes and has bright green stems. There is some veg growing out of the swollen structures. Too early to tell what they are, could be either leaf buds or future male pods.

Any ideas what this could be? Ballpark guesses?

Nodes-red_stems.JPG
Also want to add. It’s basically impossible to tell you what strain it is. The best we could do is tell you if it’s a sativa, indica, or hybrid based on the fan leaf shapes and size. More pictures would be helpful

Those swellings at the nodes happen on some plants, nothing bad. Seen it many times. Since it was a “mystery seed” Nirvana probably sent you a “novelty” strain/seed, which is cool! The pics aren’t clear enough to see the growths at the node. If the plant is otherwise healthy I’d chalk up the red stems to genetics.

It is an old thread, exactly one day short of 5 years & 11 months ago.;)

I notice that the first poster is still stopping around so we might get some info on the original plant.

There is no green light plants thrive on green light
Not sure if I am getting this right. If plants thrive on green light then why is the green color the one that is reflected back instead of being absorbed and used?

I notice that the first poster is still stopping around so we might get some info on the original plant.

Not sure if I am getting this right. If plants thrive on green light then why is the green color the one that is reflected back instead of being absorbed and used?
You've got it right, plants don't thrive on green light, that is why it is reflected.

You should do more research. Only 5-10% of green light is reflected.

As I said, plants don't thrive under green light. Green light is the least efficient wavelength of light for plants, do they need some? Yes, but if you try growing a plant under a green light only, it will die. While under blue or red only it will grow but not optimally, so a mix is best. You can leave a green light on during the plant's dark period, plants don't see it, and it will not affect the light cycle or initiate flowering/hermies. Look at the spectrums for most grow lights (LED's) and you'll see that there's a drop off in the green spectrum (495-570 nm), because it's not necessary to have a lot of green spectrum light as it is not an efficient wavelength for cannabis. Below is the absorbance chart for visible light.

nnabis-photosynthesis-light-spectrum-absorbance-sm.jpg

Green light for growing cannabis​

"Recent NASA findings suggest that green LED grow lights colors that are not majorly associated with photosynthesis but still have certain impact on the growth of plants. Green wavelengths have been considered less important when compared to chlorophyll absorption of blue or red-light spectrums. However, the green light can still play a role in the growth of cannabis plants at different stages. The wavelength ranges between 495 to 570 nm. Marijuana plants can absorb very little green light energy. However, reports say that a small amount of green light can affect growth. Many growers may think that the green light is unnecessary for successful growth. However, if you think of growing marijuana with lights having complete spectrums of colors then little green light energy is great for you.

Another benefit of adding green light to your color spectrum is that it does not trigger flowering in marijuana plants. This plant is extremely sensitive to light/dark cycles. Therefore, even small amounts of light during nighttime can trigger marijuana plants into thinking that it's flowering time. As green light is invisible to cannabis, it is the perfect light color that you can use. That is if you wish to work on your cannabis plants during nighttime."

Back
Top Bottom