Symphilids?

Santurro99

Will Go Gnats kill Symphilids? I am wondering if it is the same as Fungus Gnat Killer ( "B.T." a non chemical / biological control). Seems like I have these little buggers that start jumping around as soon as I start to water. What a bummer.

Apparently so. This question came up a couple years ago. I'm assuming if u apply it as a soil drench then it may do the trick. This is a link to a post from '09(click here)> White little bugs. Try it and let us know. We all build knowledge based upon each other's experiences here. Good Luck. :peace:

Ok, so I gave my girls a shot of Go Gnats two days ago. I mixed 2 oz into a gallon of water. I ph'd the water so it was around 7 then added the Go Gnats. Not sure of what the ph was after that. I used 1 gallon for all 4 plants which are in 2 gallon pots. Basically just enough to get a little runoff. I gave them another shot today and did not see anything moving around or jumping up from the soil after i watered. Im going to let the soil dry out a bit and then flush. So far it seems like the Go Gnats worked!

I wonder where these things come from and I read that they can develop in the soil if there is manure in the nutes that are used. I use the fox farm trio so Im wondering if that has anything to do with it. Maybe they were in the soil. I also use fox farm OF soil. Anyway, hope this helps. Cheers.

How are things looking? Does it appear to be working?

Today I flushed my 4 ladies after letting the soil dry out. I did not see anything flying around or crawling in the soil. Seems like it worked. I am a few weeks till harvest and I want to inspect the roots to see if there was any damage. I only noticed the bugs one time so hopefully my roots are not shot.

Back
Top Bottom