T5 16 bulb badboy

Be okay for a SOG or proper SCROG grow, I suppose. At least people thought so back in 2010 (lol), although even then there was some debate about how good these things actually were in relation to the competition. BtW, if that's the 864-watt version, for an electrical budget of 136 more watts you can run a 1,000-watt HPS and end up with significantly more light (2x? I don't recall off the top of my head) and significantly better performance in terms of canopy penetration. For a nominal increase in your heat burden of only about 464 BTU per hour. While spending around the same amount of money (or at least in the same neighborhood) for the equipment. I'm just sayin', lol.

Other than that, yes, that product is fully capable of producing a harvest. In terms of yields, that thing involves so many variables that it's impossible to predict with any reasonable expectation of accuracy - but, assuming you tailor your grow, training methods, and quite possibly strain choice to suit that product instead of trying to force it to work with some random setup, then I'd characterize the yield as "decent." It isn't likely to break any records, though, if you know what I mean. But I can think of worse lighting setups. If someone gave it to you, make sure the fixture has all new bulbs and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom