T5 lighting

stormlady

I have sunblaster t5 lights they are 6500, an in mostly blue spectrum the 3000 are more in the red.

Has anyone ever used them. or know about them, This is the first time I have tried indoor lights I have always grown outdoors, but just wanted to give them a couple month head start:thanks:

Just wondering how big roughly should my plants be at 6 weeks old? an how high should I keep my lights from the plants

i believe your plants can almost literally be touching the light. i saw one guy who had it about 3" away and some of the plants were touching the light.

Well that's all gonna depend on the plant itself how much light its getting & whether you top or not will make a big difference. I keep the lights an inch or two above the canopy. just make sure to check them so they don't grow into the light. If the plant isn't actually touching the light you're ok.

Then that is good, I have them within the right height. I was wondering if my plants were small they are between 6-7 inches tall

Then that is good, I have them within the right height. I was wondering if my plants were small they are between 6-7 inches tall

Real small for 6 weeks. Maybe post some of your growing conditions with pictures so the forum can give you some help on how to get them going.

I will get some pics tomorrow an post them. I have them in 12 in containers, with an mix of peat perlite an vermiculite an soil from our garden the ph is 6.7 an I have been watering them 3 times a week an once a week with miracle grow all purpose . I read on here some place that you could use the all purpose stuff

What would be ideal for a 2x3 space? Something like 4 3ft tubes?

Yes you can and with great results. Mg is tricky though don't use full strength. I used 1 teaspoon for every 2 gallons of water. & with mg remember less is more, they make that stuff really strong. There are allot better plant foods out there though. If you can't get to a hydro store I'd try a plant nursery.

I was to a couple today I just didnt know what to look for lol an I didnt want to ask them for help as to what I wanted it for. I am mixing it very weak

Well if you're just starting it for outside it should be ok but you'd get it bigger with more lights. I wouldn't even try to flower with that though. You could do it but you probably wouldn't get even an ounce of really airy buds. I'd say get a bigger one & use the one you have for rooting clones.

IMG_34851.JPG
IMG_34842.JPG
IMG_34862.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG
IMG_3488.JPG

here are some pics of my plants. I have them in my greenhouse as the weather is nice. can you tell what I am doing wrong. I have only changed one thing from what I have done before an that is use T5 lights. I was told here that I dont have enough light. I plant them outside so in the greenhouse they will harden up. I am using MG all purpose an Sea boost. I know they are all female since I got female seeds. My ph is between 6.5 an 7

Back
Top Bottom