T5HO vs LED help

Slicknick909

I will preface this by saying I am not here to trash any vendors or manufacturers so please do not ask for item specifics. I have been using a LED light for veg and up until a few days ago haven't had a problem, it is a second hand light from a buddy that used it for +/- 3 months on some autos. I went to water and feed yesterday morning and noticed a significant amount of the diodes have burned out and are no longer lit. I have a 8 bulb T5 HO light that I kept as a back up (always plan for the worst right). I am 2 weeks into flower and have concerns about switching to the T5 being a "shock" to the plants. The LED fixture drew 410w at the wall and my T5 draws 432w so it won't be exponentially more light but I am still concerned!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I know guys who veg in led and flower with led&hps. I'm no expert but I don't think you'll encounter any problems. So long as you don't go down in wattage, which would probably only result in a smaller yield.

My concern was just being in the "stretch" and switching lights, I'm on the 2nd day of the 2nd week. Unfortunately due to heat HID isn't an option for me at the moment. I'll go ahead and switch them out. I have emailed the manufacturer of the LED seeking any help but I'm not sure any warranty carryover applies to a secondhand fixture.

Marshydro make decent led for the price and they are available from Amazon with prime get it in a couple days. I think you'll be fine with the switch but just the same good luck and happy grow

I'm over the LED, I can replace a T5 bulb or ballast, I however do not possess the ability to replace a diode. Thanks though!!

I get great results from my T5 from start to finish. I feel it's easiest to manage with my limited head room. A light, fan, and a bucket of rocks. I like to keep it simple.

/Obi

After trying the LED and the hempy buckets and the fancy air pots I'm going to agree with you Obi, the over complication doesn't seem to have grown plants that justify the hassle! Back to basics for me!!

They seem to be fully enjoying the T5HO, more so than the LED as far as I'm concerned!
420-magazine-mobile1983625217.jpg
420-magazine-mobile626887580.jpg

Back
Top Bottom