Taben's Outdoor South African Sativa

Tabenf

Outdoor

Strain: Sativa
Soil:ph 5.5
Pot: 20gallon i think
Water ph: 8+

The Story so far:

3 bagseeds i planted last year mid oktober in a pot that had 4 armadillo flowers in them the flowers have been growing in that pot for +- 8 years,the soil is found in my backyard and all over the west coast.(more on that later)

My goal was to just germinate the seeds and see how it goes,three germinated to my liking and i planted the seeds with just the tap root sticking out into the pot with the flowers. Two were males and one turned into a lady.

As the plant grew bigger and bigger i started doing research all over the net, lots of great info but i needed some where i could confirm or at least compare my findings so i searched for cannibass forums and found this great community.

Since doing the research i fell in love with growing. And now i would like to finish my grow completely.

Here she is now.

Outdoor

Strain: Sativa
Soil:ph 5.5
Pot: 20gallon i think
Water ph: 8+

The Story so far:

3 bagseeds i planted last year mid oktober in a pot that had 4 armadillo flowers in them the flowers have been growing in that pot for +- 8 years,the soil is found in my backyard and all over the west coast.(more on that later)

My goal was to just germinate the seeds and see how it goes,three germinated to my liking and i planted the seeds with just the tap root sticking out into the pot with the flowers. Two were males and one turned into a lady.

As the plant grew bigger and bigger i started doing research all over the net, lots of great info but i needed some where i could confirm or at least compare my findings so i searched for cannibass forums and found this great community.

Since doing the research i fell in love with growing. And now i would like to finish my grow completely.

Here she is now.

Howdy brother, I'll have to find the link so you can add your journals signature so folk can find you and your journal @ LeRugged @Strainyourbrain @Peter Green all local saffas who you can call on.... :snowboating:

Ok first off beautiful lady you have, and the yellowing of leaves I would blame on the plant that's sharing the pot with your girl as they have to share the food you feeding your girl...
Are you using a ph pen or a soil probe to check your ph, as you say your waters ph is 8 and for soil you should be aiming for 6.5, use lemon juice to drop your ph and bicarbonate of soda to raise as most folk have it in the kitchen...
As its your first grow I'd leave her in the pot and transplant the other plant if possible...??
How much sun is she getting where she is..?

Here's the link to make your signature so folks can find your journal..:snowboating:

Howdy brother, I'll have to find the link so you can add your journals signature so folk can find you and your journal @ LeRugged @Strainyourbrain @Peter Green all local saffas who you can call on.... :snowboating:

Ok first off beautiful lady you have, and the yellowing of leaves I would blame on the plant that's sharing the pot with your girl as they have to share the food you feeding your girl...
Are you using a ph pen or a soil probe to check your ph, as you say your waters ph is 8 and for soil you should be aiming for 6.5, use lemon juice to drop your ph and bicarbonate of soda to raise as most folk have it in the kitchen...
As its your first grow I'd leave her in the pot and transplant the other plant if possible...??
How much sun is she getting where she is..?
+- 8 hours of direct sunlight i use a soil probe for ph,i actually bought to packets of bicarb of soda today gonna get some on in the morning.

There were 4 other plants in the pot i already removed two stil two to go.

Thanks for the help

How she looks after nitrosol and baking soda. Mabe a bit too early we wil see next week

Will take a day or 2 to bounce back, skip nitro today, add tomorrow.

Can any one help me with topping shes getting really tall,im thinking im gonna have a problem when buds start att the top wil need a ladder to harvest lol

You can top her but I personally think you will lose a lot of potential flowers, if you looking at your girl against the wall I'd first put a stake in to support your main stem then supercrop the main stem so she's lying vertical to the left...And you can stake and support that arm too as all the branches will become individual colas.

Is it possible for you to move that pot into more sun as I see the right sides growth is way more developed than the left side.....

I wil try the weekend too see where the sun starts and then move to pot ive noticed that she gets a lot more afternoon sun hence the right side growth. I wil look into suppercropping aswell thanks man @Smeegol

It's a pleasure brother, keep me in the loop over the weekend if you unsure...... I'l grab a pic or 2 for you of a girl in the garden that I've super cropped to give you an idea.... :snowboating:

Afternoon mr.Tab cpl pics give you an idea of super cropping.

#Candyland.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

As you can see I trained her to have 4 main arms, once I have her like I want then I let all the individual colas to be grow upend you try to keep the canopy even as possible and if you find you have some taller than rest you super crop as in the pictures above of individual branching.

Hope this helps brother....

Awesome garden @Smeegol :goodjob: @Tabenf Here are a few examples from my much smaller garden. I’ve used string to hold the main colas down but also some super cropping just to give the lower branches more time to catch up. Sometimes I accidentally snap the branch but then just give it some support and it’ll be fine after a couple of days :rollit:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 178
Hey guys sorry for the delay thanks for all the usefull info @Peter Green @Smeegol. @Smeegol your plants are sexy lol.

Okay i havent changed much to my plant nitrosol every 2d day half a litre half a lite at a time. Ive also decided to let her grow not going to do the bending this time around. Shes been doing well as is so why change that now,also have been getting much newer green growth so far and preflowers.

Do these only get bigger? Is this pre flowering or flowering. Stugling to find plants to compare the other strains look way bigger and fatter.
IMG_20190321_183314.jpg
:peace:

Hi Tabenf. You are in good hands with Smeegs and the boys here. i have been learning a heck of a lot for my grows and it's paying off.
I have also had to make decisions on plants according to plant type and the change in seasons.
The other plant in the pot would worry me though. Half your nutes are going there.
If you can get it outta there and add some bio composted soil. Just be careful the roots may be tangled up in there.
For the flowering stage that plant would appreciate the extra room. Then I believe you should see some great buds on this plant.

Back
Top Bottom