Taco leaves and mid range temps

kaiser soze

Title more or less says it all. I have temps ranging from 75-79 and I'm getting curling up of my leaves like tacos. Another plant next to it is doing ok so I don't think it is temps. Could ph or nutes in the soil (ffof with 30% perlite) be the culprit? It's a jock horror auto under 300 watt (180 pull) 24/7. 3 weeks old from germ.

Yes, both of the above. I was/am dealing with a similar problem. Apparently high ph can cause this. So check that out. My ph was ok.
Also- curling leaves can be caused by nutrient salts buildup- which I am assuming was my problem.

Here's a quote from Jorge Cervantes about it.

"Cupped leaves are a good sign it's time to flush out containers with 3 - 4 times the volume of the container with water. The flush will wash away the built up salts in the soil."

Hmmm. Guess I'll try a flush. Here's from yesterday and they've gotten worse so far.
image31368.jpg
image31369.jpg
image31367.jpg

I have meter to test ppm and ph. I flushed all my plants even though it was mostly just the White Widow which looked bad, like yours. I flushed until my runoff ppm got down to 150 ppm or lower. It took a lot of water and flushing to get them to that point. I would have gone lower if I was doing a final flush for harvest. Most of my plants are about 5 months old and much bigger than yours so would have had a lot more time to experience salt buildup. If this is the problem with yours then they must have been fed quite high doses.
As you flush, keep checking ppm and ph if the runoff and you will learn something about the state of your soil. :thumb:

Well, the leaves at the top totally curled and are mostly burnt/browned. I flushed it today in the tub, and then gave a gallon of water that's been sitting in a container for a week to get rid of the chlorinated tap water. Leaves are super droopy now. I'm thinking this plant might be done. It's a shame since I was looking forward to this one a bit more, a jock horror auto than the one that seems to be doing decent and growing more. The healthy ones a bubbleicious auto. The difference in smell alone has me depressed.

Right around 7-7.5. Gonna try and get some fast acting lime from the garden center today. Talked to someone who mentioned they have stuff that will act within a day or so rather then weeks. Hoping that will drop it a little bit.

If that is 'prilled' lime I'd be careful- I've burnt my plant with it before. If that is the ph of your soil (?) it's a bit high but I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to move it at this point- I'd just make sure that whatever goes in is 6.5-7. That's just me though- I could be off-base.
Hope you don't mind the pic- here is one of my White Widow.

image30322.jpg
It's the one plant out of 8 in flowering which went all crazy and taco shaped like yours. Oversensitive I suppose. Others showed varying degrees of mild nute burn.
My ph is fine. My temps are fine. I can't see any other problems other than trusted advisor(s) kept telling me that it needs to be flushed. Damaged leaves won't heal. But everything sure looks happier after being flushed I must say. And there was a high ppm run-off that came out of my pots.

well my water is high around 7.5, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. Dont have any ph altering agents. I flushed it in the tub with god knows how much water and finished with about a gallon of tap that's been sitting in a gallon jug for a week. It was drooped to all hell, but seems to have come back a little bit. Here's to hoping I get at least some sort of a rebound. Not expecting anything being that it's an auto.

DMZ_7635.jpg

You should be able to locate ph minus (ph down) and ph plus (ph up) quite easily. In the meantime use vinegar to lower ph. It works fine. Just add a couple drops at a time and stir. Go slow till you get to the ph you want (6.5-7)
Yeah that's a tough start for an auto. Probably best to keep it around to torture more, but start some more seeds and deal with the ph/nute issue.

Back
Top Bottom