Take A Ride On The MochaBud Express 5 Strain Train

A few of you know me, or have seen me around the forum, but for those who don't or haven't, well...aren't you the
lucky ones.
I've only been here a short time, about 8 months, (Dec.7, 2018) but I've been growing for over 10 years now. Still
haven't learned a damn thing!
No wait, that's not true. I've learned if you throw a hand full of bird seed into a bucket of dirt outside, it will
grow like a Chia Pet!
I thought it looked good, so I was taking care of it and watering it...ya...it died.!.!.!

Okay seriously now, enough of me trying to be funny. What I'm getting ready to do is "try" to kick start my
perpetual garden back into gear. I had to cull two of my girls recently, do to bad genetics...ya, they hermied.
So that happened. But hey I was all gung ho to join and take that chance, and I would do it again, if offered.

Any how I received my order from Herbies. And I'm going to add (and replace) a few strains, 5 for right now.
I try to keep 1 of each of my strains in clone and flower at all times, at different times of course, but just 2 of each,
a baby, and a flower girl. Although this time around 1 of my beans is an auto, so only 4 photos. I've never grown
an auto, so this should be educational!

I'm also out of my composted organics do to the extremely large veggie garden this year...so I'm using FFOF and
the FF trio nutrient line, all the way through...With out further ado, here 's the line-up.

What strain is it? 5 strains ; Gorilla Glue #4, Gorilla ZKittlez,
Super Skunk, Liberty Haze, and an Auto, Wedding Cake.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? All the above. What percentages? Will post specs.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just popping beans now.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil ? In Jiffy Organic seed starter then into Fox Farms Ocean Forest.
Size of light?65 watt 2ft T8HO (florescent)for seedlings, 600 watt MH for veg, 1000 watt HPS for flower.
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70F lights off 80-85 lights on
RH of Room/cab? 45-50
PH of media? 6.3-6.8
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? I'm not yet, but when pot feels empty
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms trio...see attached schedule.

Only 2 popped for now...

FF Trio Schedule.png

Hey Mocha! :yahoo: i'll join in for the ride!
Sweet setup and that's an awesome list of genetics that i'm looking forward to see grown out!
Holding thumbs for 100% germination. :passitleft:

Hey Mocha! :yahoo: i'll join in for the ride!
Sweet setup and that's an awesome list of genetics that i'm looking forward to see grown out!
Holding thumbs for 100% germination. :passitleft:
Thanks @irie lion :thumb: I'll be checking in from time to time to update and you're more than welcome to take a ride :hug: tickets are free here my brother, for anyone who wants one...:party: ...and here's those genetics :thumb:

All aboard :woohoo: next stop in beanville :snowboating:

Well the Liberty Haze and Gorilla Glue have both broke the surface :high-five: the Wedding Cake has not made an appearance as of yet, but, the soil has that "mound" look, so she'll be popping her head out soon :thumb:
As far as the Super Skunk and Gorilla Zkittles, they have a few more hours in the dunk tank yet before they can even go into a paper towel :slide:
I'm getting ready to clean out my 4 x 4 and my 600 watt HID, and set it up for a scrog :hmmmm: I think....not sure yet:popcorn:, and just received my FFOF at my front door :morenutes: ordered it from walmart of all places but they were the cheapest 80lbs (3 cu ft) of FFOF for 60 bucks all said and done...and believe it or not :hmmmm: they sent it stealth :thumb: I think they're starting to stock it locally, cuz I ordered it Friday :thedoubletake: and it was at my driveway gate when I woke up :high-five:

Well better get some things done :lot-o-toke: see ya at the next stop :snowboating:

Okay so the 4 x 4 is clean and set back up next to my 5 x 5. The Wedding Cake still hasn't broke the surface yet, waiting patiently :meditate:but the super skunk and gorilla zkittlez have already gone into a wet paper towel on a plate in a dark warm place :thumb: and are already tapping out :slide:so that's a 100% germination rate, 5 out of 5, thanks @Herbies Seeds :hug: and to @irie lion for the good vibes :thanks:

Okay so apparently I really don't know shit :rofl::rofl: was doing some reading and it seems the autos like it drier than photos :hmmmm: so my pre-soaked starter mix was a little too wet for it :rip: yep the tap just kinda turned colors and shriveled up :rofl::rofl: I shouldn't be laughing, but I should have done more research, seeing as how I've never grown an auto :nomo::reading420magazine: oh well, learning experience :thumb: already have another dunked, popped, and in a paper towel, so we'll see this time around :popcorn::popcorn:

We live and learn. Better luck with #2. Thanks for sharing so others know what to look out for. :thumb:
Yes sir, it's a good day when we can learn something new :reading420magazine: was also reading that they like their medium soft and airy w/not too many nutrients, so...was thinking about adding 30% more perlite to my FFOF mix and see how that goes :hmmmm: providing it actually makes it that far :rofl: I've grown photos that are resilient to the core :thumb: couldn't kill 'em if you tried :morenutes: so this is a whole new ball game for me :popcorn:

Just got back from the hospital again :yahoo::headbanger: that's right proud grampa here :slide:might be my 4th grand child :popcorn: but they're all so precious :hug:

Okay so what was I doing...oh yeah :rofl:

I thought the Gorilla Zkittlez and the Super Skunk weren't going to brake surface :nervous-guy:so my impatient ass went and dropped more beans :rofl:...so I'll probably have 2 of each of those now :rofl::cheesygrinsmiley: ...here's my other sweet babies

Congrats on all the little ones mr.Mocha..:party::party::nervous-guy::tommy::woohoo::passitleft:
:hug::hug: Thanks Smeegs :green_heart: I can't get over how excited I get when 1 of my kids has a kid :yahoo::yahoo::headbanger::headbanger:it's kinda like sweet revenge and a new bundle of joy all wrapped-up in a blanket :rofl::rofl: they see soon enough why mom and dad did things the way they did :rofl::rofl:

my daughter in law was in labor and we had to get to the hospital :goof:
Daaamn congrats Mocha!! :yahoo: that's so awesome.
Your seedlings are looking good, 2 of them at least. I'm unsure what's happening with the 2 others but i hope they grow out of it! Sometimes the slow starters surprise us to be the vigorous growers! :rofl: I'm the same as you - rather pop more beans to be safe.
Iv'e never heard of germinating auto beans in a medium with less moisture than photos, the few times i ran autos i germinated the same as i would photos. I'll look into it!
Hope you're doing well! :passitleft:

Daaamn congrats Mocha!! :yahoo: that's so awesome.
Your seedlings are looking good, 2 of them at least. I'm unsure what's happening with the 2 others but i hope they grow out of it! Sometimes the slow starters surprise us to be the vigorous growers! :rofl: I'm the same as you - rather pop more beans to be safe.
Iv'e never heard of germinating auto beans in a medium with less moisture than photos, the few times i ran autos i germinated the same as i would photos. I'll look into it!
Hope you're doing well! :passitleft:
Thanks Irie, grand children ahh...the best part of getting old :thumb:
Yeah the Liberty & GG#4 were dunked first, and the Skunk & G Zkittles were dunked the day after. Don't know what took them so long, but they're looking good now.
Don't know what's up with the auto :hmmmm: first bean popped no prob, then into moist seedling starter and then :thedoubletake: the tap turned brownish and died :rip: so I dunked another :meditate:and it never popped, I thought it did, but nope, nothing. So I have another I just put into a cup of water so hopefully 3rd times the charm :thumb:

First off, congrats on the new member of the family!
Secondly, I'm going to hop on this train and cruise around with you if you don't mind. :thumb:
Thanks @TinyBuds :high-five: ya I love my kids to life but my grand babies are special in a way I can't put into words :green_heart:
:passitleft: And absolutely sir, one ticket to ride the crazy train coming right up :goof:

A little update on the babies. Just moved them from the CFL baby box to the 600 watt veg tent with my clones :popcorn:
and everyone seems to be happy.
I'm seeing now that auto flower doesn't necessarily mean fast :rofl: my auto Wedding cake bean cracked and tapped out :hmmmm: but it's going slow, 24hrs in a cup of water and now 2.5 days in a wet paper towel :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: and the tap is only about .5 inch long :meditate:oh well, I'll let it get a little longer and put her in soil, and wait some more and we'll see :popcorn:

Oh well here they are happy and healthy and liking their new home :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom