Taking clones in the flower stage

sadhu9

I read somewhere that you can take a clone in the flowering stage and revert it back to a Veg state. Anyone ever had success at this or is it worth it?
Also, clones from a clone have weakened genetics? True or False?

Sadhu9

You can take a clone from a flowering plant pretty far in but it takes time for the clone to root and the growth when reverted back to veg is out of control. But to save the genetics I would take them no matter what.

In my opinion clones of clones do not degrade in potency or quality. in fact it usually gets better as time goes on for me and I get to know the ins and outs of the strain that i am growing.

Thanks for the info. I have 4 God Bud flower cuttings in my Oxy Clone and hope to see roots soon. I will follow up later...

Right on right on! Best of luck rooting. May take a little bit longer to root than vegg clones but when they do, and revert, they will be some Monsters!

That was a long time ago and no I didn't have any luck. It might have been the operation of the Oxyclone by me. I use rapid rooters and a dome and have at least 80% success with dispensary bought cuttings and my own cuttings I haven't tried any cloning on flowering plants again but sure you could do it in the first few weeks of plants in the flower stage just longer.

Yep, you can do it. While doing my last harvest in November, I took two cuttings from lower branches with small-ish buds. It took a while for them to root, but they did. The first leaves were kinda weird-looking, but both plants are now growing vigorously.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    595.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom