Taking Cuttings? Help!

Okay, I have never taken any cuttings and all the tutorials here are about using rooting gels/hormones and rockwell cubes. I'm just worried about survival, not necessarily having the roots take place super fast, time is of the plenty. So i would like to know how you guys would take cuttings the cheapest way with high rate of survival. I have soil, perlite, botanicare power plant nutes, lights and a water spray to work with.

Can i just prep the soil or perlite in a cup, give it water with very small amount of veg nutes in it (a couple drops worth), and stick the cutting in there and keep it moist with plenty of lights?

or

Can i take the cutting, place it in a cup of filtered water with a couple drops of veg nutes and then keep her moist and under the lights until roots start to appear, then transfer her into a cup of moist soil??

or

Any other suggestions you guys can think of? Its my first time and I don't want to waste a cut if I don't have to :cool:

edit*--

after a little bit of reading/googling/browsing other forums, i think the easiest way is using the cup and water method, but id like your opinions

Hey xbox,
the key to get a high success rate/healthy clones while cloning is a higher humidity than normal...That is why you are supposed to place your cuttings under a humidity dome or anything plastic or transparent where it will still get good amounts of light...

And yes cut at 45 deg angle when its under water, then make an upwards incision from the bottom up about 1/2-3/4 inch, this will promote great root development

it doesnt really matter if you use root hormone or not, inever have and i can make a clone show roots in 2-3 days and will be alive and well with standing leaves on day 4 or 5... Most ppl takes them a week juat to show roots...but i will not be revealing my method of cloning

Lmao

i did drop by and show him love with more info than he already had, wouldnt that count as helping him

just because i will not reveal my passed on secret, doesnt mean im not hear to help...if everyone revealed all their secret techniques there would be Nothing to learn, no trial and error...thats what we are here for to help with what we can...you have to learn some stuff on your own...it takes the fun out of it

Thanks guys, glad to see rooting hormones are not necessary to have clones develop roots. Also, yah, ive read up on the 45 degree cut, i think ill take 1 cut today, and see what happens. hopefully it doesn't go to waste, then ill take a few more ;)

UpInSmokE... care to shoot a pm on your method LOL? if you don't wanna that's chill man, respect bro.

52, i didnt know home depot had cheap rooting hormones, the hydro store i go to is sells $9 at minimum, and for a couple cuts i do, that's overkill hehe

:peacetwo:

wasnt starting an argument and didnt mean for you to take it that way 52

Yo 52,
i went to visit your grow journal and my laptop crashed now im on my iphone

LOL well actually my laptop is better now but anyways, i am just now getting to your journal...i have been reading it for a lil bit now and the funny thing is i have been a longtime hps user and have made the decision to try it with cfls....much cheaper on the electric bill and if you do things right....the weight difference will be very little if you keep the lights close enough to the plants with enough lumens ...as for the quality...im honestly not seeing to big a difference between hps and cfls...but only time will tell

sorry xbox for invading your thread....i will contact 52 by pm from now on

Back
Top Bottom