Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

I have yet to pop the next seeds. Have to get some funds together. I am going to purposely pollinate pretty much the entire next planting.
I also want to segregate so that my autos get more than 12 hours of light. Multiple reasons for my madness, lol.
I will likely have more than one male and I am going to save pollen. I am searching for a specific phenotype in my sativas and figure it wouldn't kill me to have some other crosses to play with.
I had a kritical kush herm on me and pollinate one of my sativas, should be interesting. Possibly even good. Lol.... I'm feeling a little stoned and a bit rambley.....

:ganjamon: and thanks for the advice.

Day 9.

DDA isn't drooping so bad anymore. I apparently have a janky cfl fixture. It has burnt out 2 single 23 watt CFLs this week. May be reason for the droop. I put my 4 bulb array over top now. She looks like she could use some extra light.

SSDC is growing very nicely, I just left the 6500k cfl where it was. She is very healthy

Uploading pics now. I switched to 1tsp maxibloom and pretty much stopped the droop on DDA.
SSDC is growing nicely.
Someone told me that these ladies like ¼ strength nutes, so that is what I did with maxibloom. Then I remembered that full (1tsp) strength is actually a pretty mild (low ppm) nute mix. I got frustrated and fed both full strength and only good things happened. So, that is what I learned this week...

Went into the tent this morning and the 250watt cfl is half toast, and I am broke.... Moved the devils under the mars300. Not sure what my next move is. I just planted 10 more irreplaceable seeds.

I will snap some pics later on. Still working on the light issue. I'm glad that the others are still seedlings. My mars300 is handling these devils for now.
DDA still looks to have issues, I probably need to add some cal/mag, or maybe just cal or just mag.
SSDC is still vigorous. Beautiful green, no hairs yet. I swear the plant smells sweet already, but I am stoned.
I am not going to top either of these, I want to see how she grows before I decide to alter any future plants.

Dont top the DDA - they don't grow very large... I'm thinking you got some seeds that a grower from here made?? Guessing... I have probably the same seeds. His plants got decent size but he grows with ferts which I know nothing about.

So... I can't afford it at all, but wife says either way I have to buy a light. This is the go ahead I have been waiting for. I hate making big purchases on a fixed income. I am not sure what I am going to get. 400w or 600w HPS are about the only things in my budget. I have to light 10.6ft² with one light for under a hundred bucks. All of my old florescent stuff is dying left and right. And good LEDs are out of reach. Oh well.

Girls are doing well for right now under the mars300. SSDC is going to be crowding DDA out in the next week or two. SSDC is just a nice damn plant.

I really liked my hps, the heat just bacame an issue, I live on the surface of the sun
I'd ship u mine but the $$$ would be huge ..lol

I really liked my hps, the heat just bacame an issue, I live on the surface of the sun
I'd ship u mine but the $$$ would be huge ..lol
Yeah. When I first started indoors I had 1000w hps in a 4x4x7. The heat, even dimmed to 75% was unmanageable. I am hopefully more prepared for the heat this time.
I wouldn't ask anyone for their lights and if i did i certainly wouldn't ask anyone to pay the shipping costs. I do wish I would have kept mine and the 3 other mars lights I sold when I thought I would never grow again. Lol. That was 3 grows ago.

I will probably be ordering a 400w today. I did some figuring and a 600w would be perfect as far as my square footage, but my 5' ceiling is very much the limiting factor. No denying HPS will leave me better off than my current mixed bag of inferior lighting.

How much you looking to spend
What country you in
QBs are affordable, as well as GROWant lights

5' is too low for HPS
I am in the USA. Unfortunately my budget is stuck at right about a hundred bucks. Was going to save money to buy some decent LEDs (wife and i really like the kind leds and timber lights) or even build a cheapo cob setup, but my lights died right after planting 10 seeds, 8 of which are irreplaceable... Lol.

It isn't the end of the world if I have to keep using crap lighting. I still get results, it's just a pain in the butt to constantly raise plants here and lower this light there and I am only in a little tent

Look into GROWant

I have two of the $115 ones off Amazon
Great light for the $$$ and a sponsor here
If you could do $200 QBs are the BOMB, A DIY setup is epic

I'd give ya my hps but shipping could be over $100 with the hood, but in 5' high you'd burn em up

Hi Ganjagrowergu,

I'd like to help - we have a few of the v1 4000K QB288 boards from HLG left in stock. I can build you a kit that runs two of those for $200 shipped. All you would need to do is plug them together and hang them up. Would easily beat the PAR output of a 400W HPS and far less radiant heat and good spread for low canopy management in a height compromised area like yours.

You could do the same with (1) board but the cost savings is only about $50. 240W is your best value $/PPF to cover a large area like yours.

Feel free to send me a PM or an email at dan@timbergrowlights.com.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Dan

Yeah, looks like I am doing that. So much for the budget... This is gonna get really interesting now. Strange the way things happen in 420 world.
Ahh, no pics but a quick non light related update.
SSDC is popping out hairs. Both are healthy.
Glad I found out about the variegation in the DDA or I would be pulling my hair out. What an interesting day.

SSDC is dead. Tipped the Hempy to drain the reservoir and she just snapped off about 2" above the coco cap. The spot where she snapped reminds me of a bruise in a piece of fruit. Nothing like this has happened in any of my previous grows. Bummed and inspecting for pests

Hi Ganjagrowergu,

I'd like to help - we have a few of the v1 4000K QB288 boards from HLG left in stock. I can build you a kit that runs two of those for $200 shipped. All you would need to do is plug them together and hang them up. Would easily beat the PAR output of a 400W HPS and far less radiant heat and good spread for low canopy management in a height compromised area like yours.

You could do the same with (1) board but the cost savings is only about $50. 240W is your best value $/PPF to cover a large area like yours.

Feel free to send me a PM or an email at dan@timbergrowlights.com.

Have a good day.

Regards,
Dan
Freaking incredible @TimberGrowLights

Ganja, jump on that my timber lights are epic, and I'll never switch from QBs

Back
Top Bottom