Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

That's a lot of plants in small containers. How often are you feeding/watering each day?
Being that it is still winter up here I am getting away with 1-2 times per day. They are a handful, but when I planted all of these regular seeds I expected at least a half a dozen males not just a couple. I will probably only be culling 2 more males from this whole bunch.

Hey bro do you know what size wire is used to Daisy chain from QB to QB. I'm trying to clean up my setup and get rid of the wire nuts. My wires don't have the size written on them

Hey bro do you know what size wire is used to Daisy chain from QB to QB. I'm trying to clean up my setup and get rid of the wire nuts. My wires don't have the size written on them
Mine do not either. I think they are 18 gauge solid core.

Temporarily took care of a light leak that formed on my tent. Too many assembly/disassembly(s) on an iPower tent, coupled with negative pressure 24/7 for what amounts to about a year and a half has taken its toll. Lost 3 plants in as many days. Likely to lose a couple more, but the damage should be done...

3x3 or 2x4, no room for a 4x4.

Get rid of the bed.
Lol, cant happen. I can probably manage to squeeze a 4x4 in with some finesse, but then I run into 16sq/ft with only 240w of light... tent is a huge purchase around these parts. I budgeted 100 bucks for lights that now needs to be put towards the tent.

A 2x4 would make better use of my lighting, but I lose 2.6sq ft of growspace, likewise even a 3x3 would be better for my light, but 1.6sq ft is still lost. Rock and hard place is where I sit.

Going to talk to the wife's uncle about buying a lightly used 4x4x78 lighthouse hydro tent that I used to use that is sitting in storage. Maybe I can snag a deal and still afford the lights that I want. I have options, just none that I like.

I saw a guy who was given a free tent that was too big for his grow area. His friend sewed boat covers and awnings. So he cut down the poles and his friend reworked the tent to fit onto the newly sized frame. You sew?
I can actually sew, not my favorite thing to do and it's never pretty, very utilitarian in style. The wife just loses her mind watching me do it, lol.

I have an old 32x32x63 tent stowed away, but it was super cheap and the poles busted. I suppose it is possible I could make a frame out of PVC, only 7.1 sq ft if I did my math right. Or I could chop it up and patch my holy tent.

My size tent must be discontinued, wife now says I cant buy anything smaller than our current one... If I had the money and space, I found a 96x48x80 from a non sponsor distributor for $116, same place I bought this tent and my most recent fan/filter from. iPower brand: works good enough.. lol

I will take a closer look at the leak tomorrow, see if I can make a longer lasting patch, as it is I draped a big effin blact duvet cover over the entire tent, it will work as long as everything else holds up. See how messy I can get with some super glue and duct tape.

My "Green Hut" tent is a serious piece of shit! When I crank up the QB's it shows light leaks everywhere. I was spoiled at my old house. I had a spare bedroom sectioned off to grow in. I'm growing in my basement now. Thinking about building a 4'x4'x70" plywood box for flower

The pinhole leaks dont concern me much. The zipper light leaks never been a problem either... They dont seem to even play a role. I am super duper surprised about that to say the least

Ugh, not looking forward to fixing this, just need it to be fixed so I can find something else to keep me up at night worrying... lol. I have a pretty good idea on how to patch this up. Patching her up means that she probably won't handle another assemble/disassemble.

If I had access to a shop or garage I would just build a flowering box, but that is merely a dream. Ugh...

Can you just cover with black plastic, like a tarp. Slide it on and off
Tent is in storage/bedroom, not a ton of room to get around things. I pulled the tent out from the wall for a close-up inspection... I have everything duct taped tighter than a dolphin's butthole now. It will hold up until at least the next take-down. Gives me time to shop around with less panic.

Got everything squared away and scheduled payment for Friday on my new lights.

Getting two vp65 qb120 fixtures with MW drivers. One in 2700k and one in 3000k. They have the older lm561c diodes, but I couldn't find a reason to pay $12 more per light just for the lm301b diodes. Still more than I want to spend, but comes out to about $1.16/watt including shipping.

Had I not chosen to import these lights they would have cost me about $100+ tax each on the 'zon and my options would have been limited to only 4000k.

I hate that for the most part I am unable to afford to make purchases from our sponsors here. Lights are so damn expensive everywhere I look. The prices are reasonable for the most part, just not friendly to MY budget.

If I had more time and money I would have loved to build my next light from scratch, but it seems to be more expensive than a good prefabricated QB kit.

Hey bro I have a question about the QB's. Seems if I crank mine up the plants wilt, like they can't take the intensity of the lights. Is this normal. They are around 2' above the canopy

Hey bro I have a question about the QB's. Seems if I crank mine up the plants wilt, like they can't take the intensity of the lights. Is this normal. They are around 2' above the canopy
Hmmm, I haven't had any problems with that... I would crank the dimmer down to about 75%. You have 320w 3 board, i have 240w 2 boards run full blast in the same size tent. QBs are about being a big ceiling of super high quality light. Even if you turn your lights down to 50% the plants will grow just fine, especially if you are still in veg.

Thanks! Yeah I had mine at 75% and they didn't like it. They were wilting and I couldn't figure out what was going on with them. I dimmed to around 45% and they perked right back up. I'll have to creep it up slowly and watch how they respond. I still have them on a tote. Maybe I'll take it out and sit them down

Back
Top Bottom