Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Puffing on the SSDC today. Damn good stuff. The buds didnt shrink much after drying, obviously lost weight but the yield really wasn't terrible considering it was an auto 11/13 from seed.

Harlequin are growing up nicely. Might bend the two taller ones over just for good measure. I won't be topping them, just light training for now. Being sativa dominant I hope to be able to keep them tame through the stretch.

So, when I popped 9 Devil's Pitchfork F2s, I did not expect all 9 to pop. I am considering moving the three in 9cm nursery pots right into the tent. Just set em in a drain tray and let them eat the hempy runoff..... The closet is a bit crowded under the light, this seems like a no brainer fix considering I'm mostly just playing around with the F2s. People I offered extra plants to declined for whatever reason. I don't take plants or clones in either so I hold no double standard.

☆this was heavily edited and redacted to shorten it. Insomnia is a real crapper.
:passitleft:

Happy Easter Everyone!

Boy oh boy, this round of seed making is really trying my patience. It's the typical "whatever can go wrong will go wrong" or however that saying goes. I started out applying colloidal silver to a Chemdawg plant trying to reverse one branch to make some female pollen. Well the branch finally put out some pollen sacks. I left the branch on the plant (she was in the tent with 3 other plants) till she had some mature pollen sacks. At that point (as I've done often before) I cut the pollen sack branch off the plant and placed it into a glass of water under and small LED light. A couple days later I harvested a very small amount of pollen which I used to dust two small buds on the Chemdawg plant. I applied more pollen to these two buds the next day also. The next two days I collected pollen and applied a small amount to the very top bud of my Gelato OG plant, and a little to two more buds on my Sour Angel plant. At this point all was going smoothly. I figure I would keep up the collecting and "selective" pollination for another few days and get rid of the pollen producing branch.

I unfortunately didn't get that chance as the branch seemed to die overnight. That's never happened to me before. I couldn't complain as I did manage to pollinate the three plants I wanted to. Not as heavily as I intended but I figured I would be looking at 10-20 seeds from each plant.

Well here is where things went South. A week after pollination I accidently cut off one of the pollinated branches on the Sour Angel plant. Bad I know, but it gets worse. While tying up the branches of the Sour Angel plant to bamboo poles the second pollinated branch snapped off about 5 inches below the bud. I'm not talking like a super cropped branch. This thing just snapped off and fell to the bottom of the tent floor.

Anyway, because the Chemdawg took so long to reverse the seeds were not mature when it was time to harvest the plants. So this is what I have going on now.

This is what's left of my Gelato OG plant. She is in my small tent still under 12/12 lighting. I am hoping to keep her alive for 2-3 more weeks to give the seeds a chance to mature fully. If you look close you can see a plastic cup sitting at the base of this plant. That is that Sour Angel bud that snapped off. It has been in that cup of water now for a week. I'm trying to keep it alive also for another 2-3 weeks again to give the seeds time to mature.

This is the Chemdawg plant that I harvested on Friday. She has two buds with seeds that still need time to mature. So I am wasting more tent space keeping her alive till the seeds are ready.

Thank goodness for smallish plants. I rough trimmed and hung 2 Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty's and the purple skunky and used to be vomit scented phenos of Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps.

Shut down the tent's cob fixture till I need the extra light again. Being as it is Easter, I did not get any photographic documentation. I did the work very fast and will do final trimming after they hang for 3-4 days.

Smoking on the DP x TTB test buds that I clipped a couple days ago. I could have chopped them a week ago, but i was trying to get a bit more swell out of those foxtail covered buds.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Boy oh boy, this round of seed making is really trying my patience. It's the typical "whatever can go wrong will go wrong" or however that saying goes. I started out applying colloidal silver to a Chemdawg plant trying to reverse one branch to make some female pollen. Well the branch finally put out some pollen sacks. I left the branch on the plant (she was in the tent with 3 other plants) till she had some mature pollen sacks. At that point (as I've done often before) I cut the pollen sack branch off the plant and placed it into a glass of water under and small LED light. A couple days later I harvested a very small amount of pollen which I used to dust two small buds on the Chemdawg plant. I applied more pollen to these two buds the next day also. The next two days I collected pollen and applied a small amount to the very top bud of my Gelato OG plant, and a little to two more buds on my Sour Angel plant. At this point all was going smoothly. I figure I would keep up the collecting and "selective" pollination for another few days and get rid of the pollen producing branch.

I unfortunately didn't get that chance as the branch seemed to die overnight. That's never happened to me before. I couldn't complain as I did manage to pollinate the three plants I wanted to. Not as heavily as I intended but I figured I would be looking at 10-20 seeds from each plant.

Well here is where things went South. A week after pollination I accidently cut off one of the pollinated branches on the Sour Angel plant. Bad I know, but it gets worse. While tying up the branches of the Sour Angel plant to bamboo poles the second pollinated branch snapped off about 5 inches below the bud. I'm not talking like a super cropped branch. This thing just snapped off and fell to the bottom of the tent floor.

Anyway, because the Chemdawg took so long to reverse the seeds were not mature when it was time to harvest the plants. So this is what I have going on now.

This is what's left of my Gelato OG plant. She is in my small tent still under 12/12 lighting. I am hoping to keep her alive for 2-3 more weeks to give the seeds a chance to mature fully. If you look close you can see a plastic cup sitting at the base of this plant. That is that Sour Angel bud that snapped off. It has been in that cup of water now for a week. I'm trying to keep it alive also for another 2-3 weeks again to give the seeds time to mature.

This is the Chemdawg plant that I harvested on Friday. She has two buds with seeds that still need time to mature. So I am wasting more tent space keeping her alive till the seeds are ready.

Dude, that looks like rough times. Despite taking up space, they are at least using it to finish those seeds and I feel that is 100% acceptable. Things will clear up in no time and you will have another tent full of photogenic ladies once again.

My last pollination attempt was a complete bust. I chopped my Male too early and a series of family life events caused me to forget the cutting in the kitchen cupboard for 3 nights. The tiny bit of pollen I salvaged produced zero seeds.

I am having a helluva time with the Harlequin project as well. Turns out these are finicky as all hell. Three out of 5 survived germination but the cold beat them hard enough to land them in the closet where they started thriving. Night before last I opened the closet to find all three with obvious heat stress while the surrounding seedlings appeared vigorous. They cause me a lot of stress.

My next big task is to section off the room my grow is located in, so that I have the grow, a work area, and a kid friendly area. It will take a bit of thought to get it just right, but I am pretty sure I can pull it off.

I might have to switch to the other closet which is almost too big for my purposes. This means that I have to move the tent as well as section the closet off so as to not waste precious space and light.

Trying to get this done before the parents arrive for their annual mid-May visit. Mom hasn't smoked in years but she sure does love looking at my plants.

Real nice looking beez.

I apologize for the shakey photos. Been in a lot of pain lately. I even made a Dr appointment, not something I'm known for.

I might have something nifty figured out to solve the not so serious yet important closet issue with a little bit of labor.

That is some very pretty buddage my friend. Looks delicious especially those purple buds.
Thanks. I've really been blessed with some fantastic genetics along the way.

This evening I tried a bowl of each of the Afghani Purps phenotypes.

Effects: the dark pheno really relaxed me and I noticed some of my pain dropping off. The vomit pheno was eyes flashing straight to the head.

Flavor: the dark pheno had a very earthy purple flavor, slightly acrid because of the buds leafy structure. Vomit pheno tastes just like the fruity hangover vomit it always did, mouthwatering.

Thoughts: Both phenos are worth having. They are completely different in bud structure, potency, cannabinoid, and terpene profiles. If I were to breed with this cultivar, I think it would be wise to isolate each of the phenotypes so as not to lose their individuality.

These are F1s, like starting from scratch. That leaves reversing for S1s and then back crossing those to different Male F1s until I have a desirable result to continue. I guess I will put it on the list in no particular order.

I am blasted by the vomit pheno. Extremely potent. I think sleep is upon me.

Sick. Likely the flu. Everybody was/is running fevers near 103°. Yesterday was so painful it reminded me of the time I got cotton fever from the iv drug days and almost died.

Plants are still drying. Everyone that is vegging is vegging, everyone in the tent is still there. The tent at this point is perfectly drying the 4 plants from Sunday's harvest slowly.

Smoked a doobie of the super foxtail pheno Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty. Some of her mini tops were dry enough to burn real nice. Really nice flavor, strays a bit from the DDA dominance found in the last couple phenotypes. A bit sweeter. Very smooth.

Still watching the Devil's Pitchfork F2s in the closet for signs of autoflowering, none yet.
The Harlequin are looking real nice, maybe 2 more weeks before they head to the tent, maybe longer if I get a hair up my butt.
The Northern Lights crew is cooking right along. Not sure when to put them in the tent. I figure I have room for a maximum of 6 largish plants flowering in the tent.

So 3 largish Harlequins and 3 largish Northern Lights.
That's pretty much what it's looking like. Kinda what I planned.

I started straight water today on what's left in flower.

The Punto Rojo x Unknown and the slow green pheno of Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty will probably go 10 days plus.

The final Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps will be done in less than a week, been running her extra long to coax some hard sleep (cbn) from the finished buds. She's already lost most of her chlorophyll.

Unfortunately I only have a couple pics to share. Last night I did the final manicure on this lady. Foxtails and frost. Not big on flavor, but packs a decent hybrid middle of the road wallop. Matured in about 10 weeks of flowering.

Was able to squeeze some time in for pics.

Still somehow missing pics of the other Afghani Purps pheno that is hanging.

And the veg area. The Mars burnt them up, my diy light works better for veg.

Enjoy

Thinking about a fresh journal when the tent empties out. I say that all of the time, but I never really start 100% fresh like i will be now. Hopefully I won't have to do that again.

@beez0404 I have 4 NLs in veg right now. I wonder if one of these hempys could support a further 8 weeks of veg plus 8 weeks of flower? Lol. Silly predicaments.

I
I wonder if one of these hempys could support a further 8 weeks of veg plus 8 weeks of flower?

I don't see why not. You could always do what I do to my Bonsai mothers when they get root bound. I just shave (with a razor knife) about 1/2" all around the sides and cut about 1" off the bottom. I then put 1" of fresh promix on the bottom, sit the plant on it, and backfill all around the outside. They frown on this for a day or two but bounce back very well. You could do this when you transition from veg to flower. Just add more perlite instead of promix. I have Bonsai moms that I'm keeping healthy and happy in solo cups since middle of January. This is a Royal Gorilla..........11" tall from the top of the cup.

I put a Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL into the flower tent today. I simply cannot afford to go 8 full weeks without a harvest and now I won't have to.

I am keenly watching the Harlequin for preflowers. I plan to top any females and begin flowering 2 weeks later. Just waiting for a sign.

No signs of the autoflower trait on the Devil's Pitchfork F2s. Should see something within the next couple weeks, if not I will either toss them in the tent, the dumpster, or maybe a bit of both.

Now what you should consider doing is start another Sensi NL X Nirvana NL and let it veg until the one you just put into flowering is harvested. A 6-7 week veg should give you a decent sized plant (top her as needed) and a nice reward when harvested. I am experimenting a little with topping at different times. I have two Royal Gorilla clones, same exact age. One I topped at the 5th node which is not new or experimental. The second one I waited until it reached 18" tall before topping it. I'm thinking that giving the main root that much longer to develop will give the plant the energy to push the side branches up to the top of the canopy once I topped it. We'll see what comes of it. I will be using those two clones to try and produce some S1 Royal Gorilla seeds. I have the mom of these clones in my flowering tent now and she is an effortless plant to grow. Her buds are a bit fluffy at this point but I am confident they will firm up as they start to fatten up in another 3 weeks or so.

I already have 2 Sensi NL and 1 Sensi NL x Nirvana NL in veg. I planted 2 of each for 11/13 from seed and because temps are a bit low at night yet, I moved them into the closet to warm up and there they sit. I will have to page back to see how old they are. Seems like 3 weeks.

Thinking every 4 weeks I might toss one in. That way I can harvest a relatively large plant every 4 weeks after this first one is finished and will only take up the space for two plants in the tent at a time. Leaves me plenty of room to toss the Harlequin in whenever I choose and a little extra space for whatever trips my trigger.

While I was reading the most recent reply and walking my pitbull I was approached at about 1130pm by a guy obviously on drugs that thought I stole his dog. Even my dog's aggressive stance didn't deter him. I told her to sit and pulled out my stun gun, he was apparently able to read that. I moved to this area so I didn't have to carry anything. For some reason I tossed it in my pocket tonight when i was grabbing my jacket. Ugh, city life

Plans always change. I expected to harvest one plant today and ended up lopping off all three. That left me with one plant in the tent which was entirely unacceptable.

Will be looking to crack more seeds soon. Probably my 4 Zorillo Locos (Skunk #1 x Locomotion).

Will be upping nutrients for all plants from half tsp Mega-Crop/ga to 1 full tsp/ga. After stretch is done in the tent I will transition to half tsp/ga each Mega-Crop and Maxibloom. Really hoping to see some autos in the closet soon..

Back
Top Bottom