Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Her flowering time is 45-55 days and a strain you don't want to go past 50% clear and 50% cloudy

I was saying this about the Sensi Northern Lights. Also my recommendation for you personally. Take a test nug when you see about 50-60% cloudy and see how you like it. It's a little more "sativa-ish" at this stage.

I was saying this about the Sensi Northern Lights. Also my recommendation for you personally. Take a test nug when you see about 50-60% cloudy and see how you like it. It's a little more "sativa-ish" at this stage.
I figured that was the one you were talking about.

I think, maybe it just seems this way to me, that the Sensi NL x Nirvana NL picked up a lot of vigor. This Sensi NL, high probability I effed something up, seems to be a real slacker in the vigor department. Only way to know for sure will be to plant more of each I suppose.

This Sensi NL, high probability I effed something up, seems to be a real slacker in the vigor department.

The original mother plant (Sensi Northern Lights Fem) from which the clone which produced a bunch of Sensi NL S1 seeds produced 16oz dry. So the strain shouldn't lack vigor. So the mom produced 1lb of dried buds. The clone from that plant was reversed and made a bunch of S1 fem seeds. Genetically they should be vigorous plants.

Something I think about. I wonder if plants are like dogs or cats? I know when I have a dog and want to change him/her from one dog food brand to another I have to do it slowly in steps. I start giving them 80% their original and 20% of the new food. Over a period of several weeks I increase the new food and reduce the old food.

What I'm wondering is if you would have better success planting a seed and feeding it nothing but MC for it's entire life adding nothing else. The new 2.0 version is supposed to have all you need.

I would love to see you take a gallon vinegar bottle, cut off the top, put black duct tape around it, fill it with pure perlite and grow one of those Sensi NL plants in it using just the MC at 6.0 grams / gallon of water and PH balanced to 5.5

The original mother plant (Sensi Northern Lights Fem) from which the clone which produced a bunch of Sensi NL S1 seeds produced 16oz dry. So the strain shouldn't lack vigor. So the mom produced 1lb of dried buds. The clone from that plant was reversed and made a bunch of S1 fem seeds. Genetically they should be vigorous plants.
As I said, I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere down the line. When I topped her, I was bum rushed by my kids and did a terrible job. Also it could be that she is in my previously re-re-recycled grow medium, which I stopped using almost entirely after planting those three flowering gals, retains too much moisture and could have damaged the roots.

If there does turn out to be vigor problems I could always reverse a Sensi x Nirvana and cross it back to a Sensi. But, you are probably right. I just like to be prepared with a solution.
I would love to see you take a gallon vinegar bottle, cut off the top, put black duct tape around it, fill it with pure perlite and grow one of those Sensi NL plants in it using just the MC at 6.0 grams / gallon of water and PH balanced to 5.5
I will definitely consider this. Right now I am getting ready to make a boatload of regular seeds. Then I want to sneak in an auto-fem seed run before I jump into this summer's sativa mess, maybe I can fit her in then. Some Punto Rojo x Durban Bubble x Sensi NL might make a nice hybrid. Or Columbian Gold x Sensi NL.... haven't decided which to use for a male.

Sometimes you just get a seed that turns out to be a slacker compared to the rest. It happens :)
For Sure. I like to make sure I am just critical enough of myself to not give up or do anything drastic.

I'm learning a lot about making crosses to increase vigor. The whole recessive vs dominant and how to get that hybrid vigor beyond crossing two stable cultivars of differing genotypes.

Wife won't let me legally build guns in the apartment so I guess I might as well keep on playing black market geneticist. She says that she likes my quiet hobby, not power tools in the house noise levels. Lol.

Quick photo drop. Too many cultivars to label all of them.

Those F2s have taken a real beating, hoping the one in the pot recovers well enough for me to harvest at least a bowl if it's even a female...

Now for the older ladies...

Up to 1/2 tsp per gallon each of Maxibloom and Mega-Crop. Seems to be making everyone happy.

Did a little training on 3 of my multiple plant pots. Recovered overnight and look even better today.

Looks like there be quite a few male Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty. No biggie, just means I will have room to plant more.

Out of all of my regulars only 3 have shown sex so far. My Unknown that I think is a Devil's Pitchfork x NL x GG#4 is stretching like crazy. The unknown that I think is a Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty and the known Devil's Pitchfork x Trailer Trash Betty are nearly identical, growing nicely.

I expect some pretty unstable phenotypes between all of these crazy hybrids I made. The Columbian Gold x NL x DDAs were not made by me, they were an unexpected gift of these two beans and if I get a Male and a female I might consider changing my plans a bit... see how it goes.

Getting bigger every day

So, since I am not focused on DDA and the original mission of this journal was completed months ago... I will be working on shutting things down here and figuring out what direction to go with a new journal.

Yeah, I will get to shutting down this journal eventually. Quick photo drop.

I was in a bit of a rush, sorry about the quality.

Made my first ever batch of ice water hash tonight. I think I did good, smells fantastic even wet. Will post results tomorrow. If it is good I may look at growing certain plants just for hash production, bud and all...

Edit to add. The residue on the bags that I couldn't scrape off I let dry over the heat register, rubbed them down over a glossy book cover, scraped them up, pressed between my fingers to make a pancake and tossed it in a pipe... first thoughts are that I need better starting product, second is that I am stoned, third is that next time I want to use 100% fresh frozen whole plant because the Terps that show through right now are that of my frozen fresh bags of trim and I like em.

Cant wait to get a good plant to finish up.

Daily changes. One more female showed today... all are healthy, ugh for poor decisions. Hunting around for someone here to take a plant or two off my hands... probably the wife's uncle, maybe the neighbor here.

I could pull SSDC out and toss her into my Mars300 space bucket, kind of a hassle, but would help with floor space. On the other hand it could fry her with the light intensity...

I definitely have a variety of phenotypes.

I finished harvesting those six NL X DDA plants I grew in the 2 liter bottles. Unlike the first plant of this cross that turned purple these all were the "green pheno " . They did not smell like the NL or the DDA and one of them was making my eyes burn just a little as I trimmed her. Using the 25% formula I estimate ending up with 129 grams.

These were fed MC start to finish with no additives in flowering. Just straight MC.

Those are some beauties, beez. I'm stuck on 1/2tsp of each Mega-Crop and Maxibloom. The gals just love it. This lava rock isn't bad either, the roots hit the reservoir and bam!

I have one Devil's Pitchfork x NL x GG#4 growing right now. She drinks soooooo damn much and is proving to be quite the stretcher.

I have to vacuum out the trays and take everyone out for photos. These girls are going to crowd me right out of the tent. Perhaps I went overboard. At least I am not wasting light anymore... I guess.

So, I am going to continue with my plan of making Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps regular seeds as well as pollinating a few branches here and there throughout the tent to add a lil bit something different to the gene pool.

Also going to dig deeper into this hash making deal. Thinking of starting to chop and dry the tops for smoking and just hash the rest of the plants. I've decided not to top anymore plants til I can have a veg space and they have a chance to recover. So apicals for flower, lowers for hash.

The 73micron bag contained the finest of hash. The high stuck with me for about 4 hours... definitely onto something.

I have been digging around on a Chinese website for new lights.. looks like I could add another 240w 2 board array for about $150 or a couple of cxb3590s for about $100. I'm wondering if the 4000k light I use extends flowering time???? That Sensi NL will not be finished by the breeder's estimated flowering time. She is just a hair past 5 weeks and I see her going at least 3 more.

Doesn't Sensi call for 49 days? That's an awfully short flowering time. I've run two and both went 60ish days.
I think it says from 45-55 days... will have to look. The Sensi NL x Nirvana NL went a solid 9 weeks, like perfectly mature.

I've been practicing my Google-Fu and do not find anything to substantiate my claim of 4000k light increasing flowering times. So @Dankman_420 please disregard my previous post where I said this.

Currently looking at qb120 kits from China. Might have the wife sold on it, plus I found them in 2700k. 2 kits for $84usd. That would have me at just a hair more power (130w versus 120w) than adding a single qb288, plus if I find I only need one in the tent, I can toss it in my space bucket and save the mars300 for something else, maybe more DIY cobs.

In a couple hours I will be pulling out all of the ladies and taking some individual shots. Lots of plants to be effing with, but they need their inspection nonetheless.

Wow, it took forever to be sure everything was labeled correctly. Hope this is enjoyable for those that like photos... I am pretty happy with the way things are going..................

The oldest gals

A couple in early flower/stretch

The breeding bunch, one male and one female so far

A few random plants

These are my test seeds

And finally my lonely little Devil's Pitchfork F2 that lived in a box in my kitchen for 3 weeks under a single 23w 2700k CFL in a dome reflector. Hasn't shown sex yet

Back
Top Bottom