Taking the "Vapor Challenge"

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
As a LONG time smoker (prefer bongs and joints) and athlete, I am intrigued by the idea of switching to vapor. I have purchased 2 top end vaporizers, but can't seem to commit to only using the vapor and keep going back to "whats familiar". Plus the Volcano bag system just seems to be a hassle to me...but I'm trying to get used to it as it produces the most consistent QUALITY vapor compared to other units I've tried (including the SSV I also own).

So I'm thinking of a "Vapor Challenge," where I (or anyone else that cares to take the challenge with me) switches to Vapor Only for a week. I'm thinking that will be enough time that the smoke will no longer taste as good and be enough reason to switch on a more permanent basis.

What do you think? Will it take longer than a week? I know habits are broken in 30 days, but is this a habit or just a preference?

I'm looking at 4/23-4/30 for my Challenge dates, as my wife & kids won't be around to worry about with my Volcano (something about the bag raises interest).

Just some morning sativa wake-n-bake thoughts...

:peace:

I'd say its more preference than habit. I vapored for a couple months solid when I first got mine, then I started smoking bongs again and the bongs just got me way higher than the vape. Reason being is you get everything when you smoke bongs, the bad stuff adds to the high, so its a trade off really, you can smoke and get a stronger high, with very minimal health risks, or you can vape and get a clear THC high without health risks.

I enjoy the act of smoking so I don't think I could fully commit to the vape as a primary way of toking.

Gave up smoke when I got my first Volcano about 5 years ago and it's all I use now, unless I'm out with friends. Sometimes I even bring it with me with a DC power supply on the road. After a week or two, your lungs will adjust to not desiring those awful tars and carcinogens that your brain is currently seeking.

Great idea brother! :thumb:

I will take the challenge with you! I've been trying to make the switchover to my vape permanently but it's just so hard! Maybe with someone else it'll be easier.

Any updates?

Just starting Day 6...I'll make it all 7 days, however, probably need more time, as I really have a desire for a joint. I'm an "all day" smoker most of the time, and am having a hard time establishing the right amount of vapor when using the Volcano - seems like the "bag" is always either not enough - or another is too much. A little easier with the SSV...but the verdict is still out....

Just starting Day 6...I'll make it all 7 days, however, probably need more time, as I really have a desire for a joint. I'm an "all day" smoker most of the time, and am having a hard time establishing the right amount of vapor when using the Volcano - seems like the "bag" is always either not enough - or another is too much. A little easier with the SSV...but the verdict is still out....

You can always reduce the bag size with a twist tie, which can be undone if it's in the wrong place.

Just experiment with a size that works for two bags--at least that way the vapor stays 'fresh' in the smaller bags.

UPDATE: Technically I made it a full 7 days (in terms of 168 hours), however I must admit I caved...as I finished the Chico Wildflower Century bike ride, I pedaled into the parking lot and smelled the tell-tale aroma of burning Cannabis. Went over to my car, cleaned up, and placed my bike on the rack - just as a fellow rider/friend walked up and handed me a lit joint. I almost hesitated, but then he hit my weak spot - told me it was some Blue Dream that was so frosty, it looked almost white. I'm a sucker for Blue Dream (my favorite strain) and love the flavor in a joint, so I grabbed the J and took a long deep drag....oh so good :grinjoint:

So I probably would have kept going, but some of my favorite strain in one of my favorite methods just seemed like a nice way to wrap up a big ride. Maybe I can vape at home and medicate with whatever is available out and about.

Your mind and body are still craving the tars and carcinogens from the burnt leaf matter and paper. I too went through the same process, took me a couple of weeks before I no longer craved the added toxins. Give yourself a 30 day vapor challenge, that should do it. As well as I know you and your abilities, this is most definitely something you can handle. Once you are completely satisfied with the more healthy way to partake, then you can "party" once in a while with friends like I do, smoking a joint once here and there, doing a few bong rips once every month or so, etc. The trick is to make vaping your priority method of choice and be content with it. Submerging yourself into the scientific data that explains why you should be doing this, is the path I chose, made it that much easier to be the master of my own mind. ;)

Hope this helps brother, I'm rootin for you and anyone else taking this challenge, all of the way! :cheer:

Would love to see this thread used for others, for many years to come.
:Namaste:

Hay Vape Guys, We've got a VaporGenie, and it's been pretty much a pain to use, so far. It's hard to see the bowl, so it's hard to judge where the flame is, and it's tricky to get the flame just right anyhow.

I know it's kind of rinky dink, but we keep trying to figure it out because when we do get it, the taste is soooo nice :)

My question is, how do you know when the load is done? And don't tell me "when it's black"... cause that's the way the first Mrs Horse cooked :Rasta:

never used a vaporgenie. The vape I have was a cheapo off ebay, its a digital one with 2 whips, only complaint is the temp will randomly spike, it will be sitting at 350 working as it should, then all of a sudden you look down and its at 475 and climbing. You have to literally smack it a few times and then it goes back to 350. You get what you pay for lol.

Mostly I use edibles, sometimes a bong hit augments them. Hoping to try the vapor challenge soon, I love the volcanos, although will try a Magic Flight Box to get started since the feedback is so good.

I had a very difficult time switching from smoking to vaporizing because I really enjoyed the sensation of smoke going down my throat. Furthermore, I could never get that big of a rip from any vaporizer I tried. However, recently I've been using the Life Saber Vaporizer and I am absolutely loving it. I use it with my bong and I'm able to get the fattest and best tasting rips of my life. I love it.

Got busted last year so I vape more at home. Weather still sucks here at times.When it is nice out I will take a number with me still kinda paranoid, but it's slowly turning to spring and it's tough staying home.Have a Vapor Genie it's OK. but seems like a lot of work also have a Vaporite Solo still new with it but you get a decent buzz. :peace:

At home I only vaporize keeps down the smell.Smoke when I'm out with my friends tell them about it if they ask.

I haven't used either of my vapes in a few weeks, if not longer and here is why: The higher quality of bud I get the more I vape. The lower it is the less I vape.

Back
Top Bottom