Tale Of 6 Seeds - G8LED Grow By First Timer

I bottled up my buds this morning to start the curing process. :slide:

My basement is pretty cold and its dry here so the drying process went pretty fast (3 1/2 days). My initial thought as I removed the buds from the hanger was "What the heck happened to my buds!" I knew they were going to shrink but dang. :thedoubletake:

The stem just cracked in half when bent over 90 degress. The buds seemed dry and crisp on the outside so I hope that's normal. Dry weight is 48 grams. I thought I was low balling my original estimated 50 grams dry weight. It was not suppose to be below 50 :thedoubletake:

photo587.jpg

The unwashed buds I left a half inch stem on so I can tell the difference. I forgot to mark which bud I pollinated for seed. It'll be a nice surprise once they show up.

Just 2 more weeks before I get to dabble and as they say: Enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Thanks again for stopping by.

:woohoo: Congrats bro! Just getting a plant through flower the first run, is hard. To have one look that nice, is a homerun, in any park. You got 2 zips too! :hookah:

Thanks CS! Quick question for you man or anyone else who would like to chime in. I'm sure it probably varies with each strain but in your experience how long does it take for the chlorophyl smell to go away? The smell is so strong. They smelled so much better when they were alive on the plant. I just want that heavenly ganja smell.

Here we go. The final update.

F1 could use 2 or 3 more weeks of cure as there is still a slight smell of chlorophyl but I wanted to complete out this journal and provide a smoke report. I picked out a bud and well let the rest sit for another 3 weeks. Here is the chosen one.
IMG_29633.JPG

IMG_29666.JPG

IMG_29735.JPG

:smokin: Wow. I'm not good at explaining all the intracacies of the smoke but going in was super smooth, lemony, and earthy. You can really feel your lungs expand but I let it out before I coughed up a lung. Going out the lemon and piney tones are very present. I can't imagine what this will be like with a few more weeks of cure. One good hit and I was pretty high. Very nice up but mellow high. I was focused and noticed more detail in everything I observed but if you asked me what I did 5 minutes ago I probably couldn't tell you. After 2 hits I was really high. After 3 hits, render me helpless. Slap in a blu ray and shut off the lights.

I am one happy camper with the results of this grow and look forward to many more harvests. This is without biased some of the best smoke i've had in a long time.

Look out for my new journal coming soon. Its a soil turned hydro grow of AK47 and a soil grow of Pineapple Chunk (if the chunk survives). Some issues right out the bat with my current grow.

I want to thank 420 and everyone who took part in this journey with me.

:peace:Peace everyone. This journal is complete.:thanks::party::bongrip:

:yahoo: Seeds!

One more update everyone. I thought those of you who have been following this journal might want to know that F1 is a proud mother of 10. I was burping my jars and noticed a bulge in one of the buds by the stem. I picked it off and out came a seed. So i ended up searching for more seeds and found 10 of them. They were all nestled in by the stem. None on bud itself. Probably has something to do with me pollinating when the flower was super young. Anyhow, very happy that I'm able to grow some more of this strain and will be very fun to grow my own seeds.

IMG_29845.JPG

Thanks again everyone.

:yahoo: Seeds!

One more update everyone. I thought those of you who have been following this journal might want to know that F1 is a proud mother of 10. I was burping my jars and noticed a bulge in one of the buds by the stem. I picked it off and out came a seed. So i ended up searching for more seeds and found 10 of them. They were all nestled in by the stem. None on bud itself. Probably has something to do with me pollinating when the flower was super young. Anyhow, very happy that I'm able to grow some more of this strain and will be very fun to grow my own seeds.

[/img]

Thanks again everyone.

That nug looks delicious! Congrats, again on an amazing first grow :high-five:. totally nailed it. I'll be on the lookout for the new one!

Very cool about those seeds!

Ok....I couldn't leave Runt hanging without closing her out properly. After all it is a tale of 6 seeds not 5. I just harvested her. All it took was one snip and I was done. Gave her a good rinsing twice in fresh water.

She sure was pretty. Check out the curves(hips) on runt. :love:
IMG_165916.jpg

She just wants you to look at her. Wait a minute :hmmmm:...... is she trying to say she wants to be a guy?
IMG_165917.JPG

:yikes: I'll stop there. Back to her update.

IMG_166218.jpg

Looks like she will end up being a touch over 1/4 ounce.

That should do it for this journal.

Back
Top Bottom