Tale Of 6 Seeds - G8LED Grow By First Timer

I first want to thank all the forums and posters for all the great knowledge available online contributed and mainly here on 420. I'm a complete newbie to growing and have invested some money on indoor grow based on everything i have read. I tried to do this grow on my own but am at a critical stage where I need some advice from the vets. Hopefully this grow journal will help others in the future.

This journal is done on Samsung galaxy using snote. Please excuse the bad hand writing. I chose this to add sort of a personal touch to the journal. Cheesy I know.

Here is my setup.

35 x 35 x 78 inch grow tent
G8LED 240 watt all in one light.
G8LED 90 watt all red flower boost.
6 inch inline fan and carbon filter.
2 x 6 inch clip fans.
Fox farm trio for notes. Grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom.
Basement grow in mile high city.

6 seeds given to me by a buddy who took it from his grow. I believe he said it was silver haze but not sure. I know he said sativa dominant strain. I'm trying to get a hold of him to find out for sure but no luck. Hope he is ok.

Will post all pics I have so far with next post.

Business_Notes_01.jpg

View image in gallery

So I will try to keep this journal updated on a regular basis.

I was pretty excited to see all the preflowers as this is my first time. I was hoping for 50/50 male to females but doesn't look that way. Here is where I could use some advice. Is F1 my only female? Is it too early to tell on some of the others? Not sure how fast pollen can be released. Should I put M1, M2, F/M, F2 to sleep immediately?

Well, I'm pretty sure I have 4 males now. The balls are really shaping up nicely. Gonna whack all but the healthiest one tonight. Will pollinate one of the lower buds of my lone female. Hope that won't effect it to much.

I did find out what strain I'm growing now. It's called Sannines Jack. Looks like a jack herer of some sort. Now I'm really stoked for my one female. Anyone think I will screw it up by pollinating one bud?

Well, I'm pretty sure I have 4 males now. The balls are really shaping up nicely. Gonna whack all but the healthiest one tonight. Will pollinate one of the lower buds of my lone female. Hope that won't effect it to much.

I did find out what strain I'm growing now. It's called Sannines Jack. Looks like a jack herer of some sort. Now I'm really stoked for my one female. Anyone think I will screw it up by pollinating one bud?

I think you should be alright, -fingers crossed- Are you going to take clones on the female?

I like your style. This is well-documented so far and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. :thumb:
If you're going to pollinate, why not get/make some colloidal silver and feminize? That way you're guaranteed female plants the next time around. Failing that, if you take clones you are likewise guaranteed females.

I think you should be alright, -fingers crossed- Are you going to take clones on the female?

Hi sooo675, thanks for letting me know I should be alright. I will give it a try.

I thought to take clones but decided not to in an effort to try and keep it simple this first go around. I read up on Sannies Jack and see it could get really big and require a lot of care. Hope I didn't wait too long to flip to 12/12. Having only 1 female sucks but so much easier to take care of now.

I like your style. This is well-documented so far and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. :thumb:
If you're going to pollinate, why not get/make some colloidal silver and feminize? That way you're guaranteed female plants the next time around. Failing that, if you take clones you are likewise guaranteed females.

Thanks Quickbeam. I will try and keep it going the rest of the way.

That whole colloidal silver thing is cool stuff. I may try that after I get a few grows under my belt. I'm just going to try and get a nice stash from this grow. Seems if I do my part this strain has some huge yield potential. 3oz would be nice.

Looking good there AS!

You didn't wait too long to flip -- you now have plenty of space in your tent that she can fill.
If you want more yield, and are open to it, you can top that girl now before she starts to really flower, and maybe even some of her larger branches too - she will bush up more, grow more bud sites under the stretch, and will get BIG.

I've only been at it for a year or so, but so far, my current Jack X Blue is my favorite plant, and she's a beast, and loves to be topped. I am now a big fan of Jack, so I'll be watching your grow with high interest - thanks for putting her up here. I'm hoping for 5-6, you can see her in the link to the LibertyHaze/Lucy grow, if you'd like to gague size/yeild and tent space - was 3x3 as well. Good weed to you!

Back
Top Bottom