Tales From The Krip!

Nice I have a shit load of trim hanging around that I typically make butter with. Always nice to have something else to do with it. I make bubble hash here and there but its kinda a pita.

I used to use all my trim for budder or infused oil, too. But, since I started making the RSO caps for my dad, I really prefer to make the RSO then I can use the RSO to make budder, oil, vape juice, caps, etc.

I stopped doing Bubble Hash a long time ago cuz' it's such a PITA, and if I'm going to make hash, I do the dry ice method which is quick & easy. But, these days, I'll just put a drop of RSO on a bong hit and it's stronger than any hash. ;)

I used to use all my trim for budder or infused oil, too. But, since I started making the RSO caps for my dad, I really prefer to make the RSO then I can use the RSO to make budder, oil, vape juice, caps, etc.

I stopped doing Bubble Hash a long time ago cuz' it's such a PITA, and if I'm going to make hash, I do the dry ice method which is quick & easy. But, these days, I'll just put a drop of RSO on a bong hit and it's stronger than any hash. ;)
I want to get my wife a pen and start making vape juice for her. So the RSO seems to be the ticket :thumb:

QUICK UPDATE

I know I'm overdue for some pics but have just been slammed here. I got the 2' x 4' all setup for growing, instead of just drying, on Monday; and moved two of the Platinum Kush Breath in there to veg for another week or two, then I'll flip them.

Yesterday, I recycled the soil from the last round and have that cooking. And, I just swapped out the 6" fan in the main tent for that new AC Infinity Cloudline. I do have a 4" Cloudline in the 2'x4' tent, too.

So far, I love the fans, and they are extremely quiet, but you really do need to oversize these. The 4" basically needs to run at 100% just to keep the 2' x 4' cool with only the one Reflector 144. We'll have to see how the 6" does, but it is about 100 CFM less than my prior 6". My only other comment on these fans is that they come with a speed controller that let's you cycle between 10 speeds. There's an indicator light that lets you know which speed it's on. It seems to me that this light is much too bright to have inside the tent during flowering or it may cause some hermies. So, I have the speed controllers outside of both tents, which is nice because I can lower the speed at night without opening the tent.

All the babies are doing great and some of those PTK's, which are still extremely small, seem like they're showing sex and they all seem female! :rolleyes: I guess I won't know for sure until I flip them, but they all look like chicks, to me!

I sampled the Forbidos & Dolato yesterday, after a week of being in low & slow drying mode. That Dolato is definitely a keeper and is starting to smell like chocolate! :yummy: The Forbidos needs more time and I need my Dad to test to see how it works on his pain before I call it a "keeper" but it's some great meds, too! It looks like there's a lot more of the Dolato than previously estimated, but tough to tell since I have it all in a single, large, paper shopping bag in the fridge. It's close to half full so it looks like a lot! :thumb:

If I don't get any pics posted sooner, I'll definitely get some up over the weekend showing the new setups.

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey Krip.. yes..about the fans.I have said repeatadly that everyone should be oversizing their exhaust fan/filter combos to avoid having to have them scream away at 100%.Is no body listening to me......I have mentioned this several times.
People oversize your fan/filter combo and run it from a speed controller at between 65 and 85 %...this will help your fan /filter last much longer , is quieter and actually will do a better job at filtering the smells.Cheers gang!

Hey Krip.. yes..about the fans.I have said repeatadly that everyone should be oversizing their exhaust fan/filter combos to avoid having to have them scream away at 100%.Is no body listening to me......I have mentioned this several times.
People oversize your fan/filter combo and run it from a speed controller at between 65 and 85 %...this will help your fan /filter last much longer , is quieter and actually will do a better job at filtering the smells.Cheers gang!
I agree 420% and also have recommended this for many years.

However, these Cloudlines need it even more since their 6" duct fan is only a little more powerful than a "standard" 4" duct fan. My point on these is that, if you have a 6" fan today, you MAY need to go to an 8" when you move to the Cloudline. ;)

It seems to me that this light is much too bright to have inside the tent during flowering or it may cause some hermies. So, I have the speed controllers outside of both tents, which is nice because I can lower the speed at night without opening the tent.
Should be a button on there that is for Eco mode...turns the lights off. Looks like a leaf. But ya, I keep mine outside as well for convenience.
Edit: I forgot you have the S6, different controller. :oops:

There are a couple of different series of the Cloudline fans. S and T series. S series is plain fan with speed controller. T series has built in temperature and humidity controller. Brother Sauga is saying the T-Series let's you turn off the controller. This is not an option with the S-series, which is what I run.

PIC UPDATE

The new light for the sponsored grow came in on Thursday and I set it up, along with the 6" Cloudline fan, in the 4' x 4' tent. There are some small details that need to be taken care of before I start the new journal, so you'll all have to wait for the details on the light, but I've got plenty going on and, frankly, need to reduce the number of plants.

Let's start with the breeding cabinet which currently has (2) Trainwreck, (2) Zephyrus, (2) Apricot Jelly, (1) Black Cherry Jelly, (3) Bubba Hash, and (3) Orient Express. Two of the BBH and two of the OE's are planned for the sponsor grow and are both feminized while the rest are reg's:

In the veg/mom tent I've got the Tut, along with 2-3 each of Blackwater, Dolato, Forbidos, Platinum Cake, and Platinum Kush Breath, PLUS the four Pine Tar Kush plants! It's kinda crazy when I look in there and realize NONE of those plants will be going into flower this round! :thedoubletake:

And, I have two Platinum Kush Breath vegging for another week, or so, in the 2' x 4', which is normally used as a drying tent, but I need to flower some of these girls out! :laugh:

It's been 11 days since harvesting the last round and the Forbidos is almost ready to jar. The Blue Gelato 41 will be a few more days and the Dolatos will probably be another week, or so.

I'll get some bud pics and weights up as soon as they're dry enough! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

Damn look at all of those plants bud! You may have more plants than I do at this point lol. They are looking good. I am ready to see you flower something els eout and I look forward to getting the details of your new light!

You have a lot going on! Can't wait to watch them flower.

...ditto... :popcorn:...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

Thanks, Brothers! Luckily, there's no such thing as too many plants. Unfortunately, there IS such thing as too little grow space! :rolleyes:

Awesome stuff Krip! Can’t wait to see some of those strains blow up for you! What a mother tent you have haha! Awesome I can’t wait to start up perpetually when I get back from Jamaica! I’ve got plans for a mother tent as well and can’t wait to get some new strains rockin!!

Looking good and hope your well

Garden is looking tits there Mister Krip..

But you know I think the man is onto your grow over here Mister Krip.. I've sure seen alot of they kind of official, staff looking type hanging around..

So a new title I see?????.... that means I gotta watch my P's and Q's... Naw

Awesome stuff Krip! Can’t wait to see some of those strains blow up for you! What a mother tent you have haha! Awesome I can’t wait to start up perpetually when I get back from Jamaica! I’ve got plans for a mother tent as well and can’t wait to get some new strains rockin!!

Looking good and hope your well

Thanks, Brother! Yeah, that Mom tent is pretty packed and they're all pretty small clones or Bonsai's. It's only a 2' x 3' tent!

When's the "Big Day"??? Coming up soon? Whatcha' got planned for strains, or don't know yet?

Back
Top Bottom