Tales From The Krip!

SEEDLING UPDATES

The Dark Ghost Train and Mendocino Purple Kush seedlings have been growing painfully slow but have remained healthy and are finally starting to take off after more than a month of vegging already.

Here's the Dark Ghost Train:

Here's the Mendo Purple Kush:

I just planted a Tropicana Cookies x Slurricane yesterday after soaking for about 16 hours.

Happy Harvests!

K

WHERE WE'RE AT...

First, no pics on this update but I'll get some up here soon. :sorry:

The Sponsored Grow is finally back on-track at 15 days of 12/12 and looking good. But, I'm still way behind in the clone department and the small tent has been empty & off for the last couple of weeks.

I have one rooted clone each of the Pineapple Express & White Strawberries and two rooted clones of the Chem '91 that I took from the plants currently flowering in the main tent. These are all still in the 2" starter pots but about ready to up-pot. If I was keeping them as Bonsais, I'd let them go quite a bit longer in the 2" pots.

I have another two PE, two WS, and one C91 that should be rooted this week, if they're not already.

For seedlings, we have the Platinum Cake, Dark Ghost Train, and Mendo Purple Kush I started a little over a month ago and they're all still in 2" pots. I've been keeping them there since my intention is to keep the originals as the Bonsai Mom's.

A few days ago, I was able to take the first cutting (topping) of the PCake and earlier today took one from the DGT.

Finally, the Tropicana Cookies x Slurricane sprouted a couple of days ago and is doing fine but still on its first set of leaves.

So, basically, the largest plant I have that's not currently in flower right now is in a 2" container! :rolleyes:

It was bad enough losing all those plants when I over-amended the 3rd run soil, but letting my clone tent go was just because I didn't have time to water them, and it was a BIG mistake. The time to recover from that has really slowed down the pace and it looks like it will be another month or two to really be back on track.

Luckily, I've had plenty of stashed bud to keep me going. I also have my Dad well-stocked so it will be years before he goes through his jars and I just brought him another 150+ RSO caps I made from RSO I had stored. :dude-knocking:

I'll get some pics of the young'uns up soon.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone, during these trying times! :circle-of-love:

Happy Harvests!

K

It looks like it's been exactly one year since I jarred the Dolato buds. When I jarred them, they smelled like chocolate:

The RH on the Dolato buds is right at 69% so I'm about to jar them and just took a weight. Total is 265 g's or 9.46 oz. of incredibly frosty chocolate-smelling buds!

I just ground up a couple nugs from my last jar and, in the last year, it went from smelling like chocolate to smelling like cat piss. :thedoubletake:

They're not moldy or anything and, I'm kinda not really complaining, but just wanted to note the drastic change one year of curing did! I should post some of those nug pictures, too, come to think of it! :hmmmm:

COVID-19 SURVIVAL TIP

Stock up on dryer sheets in case the toilet paper supply runs out. If you need to use them, at least your butt will smell spring fresh and be cling free! :rofl:

Happy Harvests!

K

MENDO PURPLE KUSH - IT'S DEFINITELY A KUSH! :yahoo:

Ya' know how sometimes you grow out a plant and start questioning whether the seedbank either mislabeled the seed or somehow you got something different than what you thought? :hmmmm:

Well, we'll see how purple this MPK seedling turns out to be, and I'm not sure how to verify the "Mendocino" part, but I can pretty much unequivocally say that this is definitely a Kush!

Checkout the big fat Kush leaves on this small seedling:

It's tough to tell from the pic, but she's on her 5th set of leaves and, with the 3rd & 4th sets, she's wider than she is tall.

She's gonna' have that beautiful top cut off in the next couple of days!

Happy Harvests!

K

Mister K... we have to 'hope' we get somewhat what we hoped for.??? How do we ever really know........ What I hope,,, is I get a pheno I can work with???? Regardless of how she expresses?

But I hear ya,, you some people selling seeds makes ya wonder. MPK,, hell alot 'claim' they have bloodlines.. just a example, like other claims they do... Always makes you wonder???

But I found,, as long as she's from a reputable grower, that has been in on the breeding of a strain,, you 'might' be on it?

They actually map that shit????????

check this place out..........

but what's scry Mister K is how do we know???? Their word??????? Can anyone really prove they are wrong/right??? Just my 2 cents.

we all know I don't read alot.. and I'm sooo far behind reading anyone journal,,, soooo I'm jumping in without any background info? Shows my intelligence level.......?

it really all comes down to finding a strain that fits your build...... One that works..... AND always a and... You make sure you keep a cut............

Alot of strains I've grown differ a lot from pheno to pheno..... To the point one's nice, and 2-3 others ain't worth a shit from the same seed run.
It's way hard to repeat a unicorn,, you remember,, unless one gets lucky,,, OR he has enough space at gumption to run multiple plants beyond the amount I'd care to really grow to find similar traits and run a few offspring?

CAN be alot of work unless you go straight to the breeder and work with them.. Alot of nobodies claiming to throw together the same mix of their genetics and claim the same plants???? IF that makes sense..........

But that's old news.. the trick is finding that one that works,,,, and keeping it???? Least to me.. I've tried to backtrack a plant that impressed me,,,,, only never found what I ''''thought'''' or what impressed me.

Back
Top Bottom