Tales From The Krip!

F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FWbN6PFYSYTk%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

UPDATE

It's been a while since I've updated this journal :sorry: due to finishing up the Mars Sponsored Grow, and being busy with work and trying to lend a hand here, where I can.

I'm really happy with the last harvest. It was approximately 19 oz. total and the buds are all "Grade A". I think I'm going to cull the Pineapple Express which was frosty as heck and gives a nice buzz but I know I can get a better pheno of that since I've grown one in the past, and I do have more seeds. I wasn't happy with her structure that had lots of smaller side branches with very small buds. Also, that tropical smell and flavor isn't as pronounced as it should be.

The Chem '91 is a definite keeper with awesome diesel & skunk terps. I have two more in the small tent I up-potted to the final containers earlier this week and I'm going to try to keep this in the rotation. :thumb:

To be honest, I'm "on the fence" when it comes to the White Strawberries. It's really some great meds but has the same side branching issue as the PE, but the main buds were much larger. The terps are mostely diesel (it's a Chem '91 cross) with fruity undertones, but, if I'm keeping the Chem '91, I'm not sure I need to hang on to the White Strawberries. :hmmmm:

I've cleaned and bleached the main tent in preparation for the next grow, which technically I guess, is already underway.

I will be starting another new journal for the next grow since it's another sponsored grow but y'all will have to wait to see which sponsor/products will be featured. :D

We'll have four plants, again, on the next round and all different strains.

One of the strains is IHG's Platinum Cake which I have grown before and, to date, is the frostiest strain I've ever grown, but this is a new seedling so hopefully I'll get one just as good, if not better, than the last pheno.

The second strain is an IHG Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane cross. I have HIGH hopes for this one since I hear such great things about Slurricane and have seen pictures that make my last Platinum Cake pale in comparison when it comes to being "frosty". :drool:

The third and fourth strains were both inspired by Brother PotChimp and include a Mendocino Purple Kush and a Dark Ghost Train. Chimp grows the GTH and not the DGT, but has awesome phenos of that and the MPK. If I had found an Appolo13, I'd probably have thrown that into the mix and done an entire PotChimp Tribute Grow! :rofl: :adore:

I've got the MPK and DGT in 2L containers in the main tent. The two IHG strains are still in 2" containers in the Mom/Clone tent but will be up-potted and moved in soon.

I'll try to get some pics up over the weekend.

Happy Harvests!

K

If I have the pure Chem I wouldn’t fool with chem crosses either. The Slurricane cross will be interesting. I got a freebie of IHG seeds that are all mixed up. I have one growing now and I’m praying it’s a Slurricane.

If I have the pure Chem I wouldn’t fool with chem crosses either.
Yeah, that's the way I'm leaning. The more of the newer stuff I grow, the more I really appreciate the "classics". On one hand, the White Strawberries is a slightly fruity Chem '91 and, on the other hand, it's just a "watered-down" Chem '91. :rolleyes:

I'm think of popping a Holy Grail Kush next.
The Slurricane cross will be interesting.
I agree! I love growing the IHG strains cuz' they make for some awesome photos and, for the most part, the effects are great. I haven't been too impressed with the terp profiles of the few strains I've grown. They all seem pretty similar, so far, except for the Forbidos.
I got a freebie of IHG seeds that are all mixed up. I have one growing now and I’m praying it’s a Slurricane.
:goodluck:

PIC UPDATE & SNEAK PREVIEW

My long update on Friday pretty much told the story of what's going on, so let's dive into the pics.

In the Mom/Clone tent I have Bonsai Mom's of everything grown in the last round and everything growing in this round which includes the Pineapple Express, White Strawberries, Chem '91, Mendocino Purple Kush, Dark Ghost Train, Platinum Cake and Tropicana Cookies x Slurricane. I was too close when I took the pic and the Platinum Cake, on the right, got cut out of the shot :sorry: :

Here are some pics of the two Chem '91 in the small tent. These should be ready to flip in the next week since this tent is only 5' tall:

And, here's a "sneak preview" of the four plants for the next Sponsored Grow Journal:

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey Krip, when you score the roots on a Bonzai mom. Do you do it with the roots dry or wet?
I root prune when the roots are on the dry side since, after pruning I add more soil and then water to "settle" everything in. I've never heard whether it's better to do it when wet or dry, so that's just the way I've been doing it.

Overdue Drive-by...

you know when I clone,, I use one of the aeroponic cloners,,, roots grow to 8-10 inches and get pruned naturally when the pump sucks them up into the impellors, but I always clip the bottom 4-5" to fit them in 3X3" pots........ Roots top,,, well bottom top, just like the plant does when one tops the tops?

Plants look great

CHEM '91'S FLIPPED TO 12/12

I flipped the timer in the small tent from 24/0 to 12/12 today and, since I was running 24/0, technically tomorrow will be their first day of 12/12.

I tore a muscle in my shoulder this morning so I can't really hold the camera for pic's and it's painful just having my arm out to type, so apologies for the short update today.

Happy Harvests!

K

CHEM '91'S FLIPPED TO 12/12

I flipped the timer in the small tent from 24/0 to 12/12 today and, since I was running 24/0, technically tomorrow will be their first day of 12/12.

I tore a muscle in my shoulder this morning so I can't really hold the camera for pic's and it's painful just having my arm out to type, so apologies for the short update today.

Happy Harvests!

K
Hope you’re okay :)

Hey krip :ciao:
I hope that shoulder isn’t giving you too much grief.

hilarious! :rofl:

That post flashed as I was dropping back in here - just the remembering of the video made me laugh :laughtwo: . It’s priceless! I had to watch it again. I vote for her for president :D :love: “We about to flip a wig right here!” Damn straight!

Back
Top Bottom