Tales From The Krip!

How’s that shoulder?!
Hey krip :ciao:
I hope that shoulder isn’t giving you too much grief.
Thanks ladies! :thanks:
It's healing. First couple of days were pretty painful, now it's not bad unless I try to use the muscle. I can, at least sleep (and type!), without being in pain. :thumb:
just the remembering of the video made me laugh :laughtwo: . It’s priceless! I had to watch it again.
Yeah, I've gone back to it a few times, myself! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks ladies! :thanks:
It's healing. First couple of days were pretty painful, now it's not bad unless I try to use the muscle. I can, at least sleep (and type!), without being in pain. :thumb:

Yeah, I've gone back to it a few times, myself! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Glad you are in the mend :)

CHEM '91 - DAY #15 OF 12/12

Today is day #15 of 12/12 and hopefully the Chem 91's are done with their stretch. They're both healthy with buds that are very nicely developed for only two weeks of 12/12:

If they're not done with the stretch, I could have some work cuz' they're in the smaller (5' tall) tent and right up at the light:

I might get a little bleaching on some of those taller buds (hopefully, not! :dude-knocking: ), but as those top buds get bigger/heavier, they should weigh down the branches and buy me some extra headspace.

Happy Harvests!

K

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS BONSAI MOM

The Pineapple Express Bonsai Mom is about 10 or 11 months old now and I've been meaning to cull her but since I've still got room in the Mom tent and it's not a priority, I just haven't, yet.

She's a pretty nice looking little plant and still in only a 4" (about 1 pint) container:

She got a haircut earlier this week and is about as tall as a #2 pencil (after sharpening! :rofl: ):

And, checkout the width of this stalk! I've seen people harvest plants from #7's that didn't have stalks like this:

I am still going to cull her, but had to give her, at least, this tribute post before I did. :rip:

Happy Harvests!

K

The Pineapple Express Bonsai Mom is about 10 or 11 months old now and I've been meaning to cull her but since I've still got room in the Mom tent and it's not a priority, I just haven't, yet.

She's a pretty nice looking little plant and still in only a 4" (about 1 pint) container:

She got a haircut earlier this week and is about as tall as a #2 pencil (after sharpening! :rofl: ):

And, checkout the width of this stalk! I've seen people harvest plants from #7's that didn't have stalks like this:

I am still going to cull her, but had to give her, at least, this tribute post before I did. :rip:

Happy Harvests!

K
why are you culling? just sick of growing that strain? nice to see someone else doing bonsais.

have you ever flowered one? i was thinking of budding out a bunch of mine cause its time to rotate out some new genetics

why are you culling? just sick of growing that strain? nice to see someone else doing bonsais.

have you ever flowered one? i was thinking of budding out a bunch of mine cause its time to rotate out some new genetics
Mostly explained here:

I think I'm going to cull the Pineapple Express which was frosty as heck and gives a nice buzz but I know I can get a better pheno of that since I've grown one in the past, and I do have more seeds. I wasn't happy with her structure that had lots of smaller side branches with very small buds. Also, that tropical smell and flavor isn't as pronounced as it should be.

and here:

The Pineapple Express smells pungent and fruity, though I wouldn't describe it as "pineapple" - and I grow pineapples, so I should know! :rofl: The truth is, as I mentioned earlier, that the pheno isn't really representative of Pineapple Express. I've grown PE before, and it's still one of my favorite strains. The terps I remember and was hoping for were a Pineapple/Diesel and while this gives a nice, stoney buzz, it's just not real Pineapple Express.

Happy Harvests!

K
Hey K

OMG I’ve never seen anything like it!

Do you have a love of gardens outside weed? Hey and remember when you said I’m paraphrasing, “my plants talk to me, I need to learn and listen?“. I understand what you mean now and I do. :)

Do you have a love of gardens outside weed?
Yes, I transformed my backyard a few years ago into a tropical edible perennial food forest and grow about 50 different species of tropical fruits & veggies including a lot of "exotics" you'd have a tough time finding in stores like Pomegranate, Persimmons, Dragon Fruit, Loquat, Sapodilla, Mulberry, Moringa, Passion Fruit, etc.
Hey and remember when you said I’m paraphrasing, “my plants talk to me, I need to learn and listen?“. I understand what you mean now and I do.
I do remember! :D That's awesome and you're plants are looking great! :high-five:

CHEM '91 - DAY #65 OF 12/12

It's been 65 days of 12/12 for the two Chem '91's in the small tent and they're looking & smelling fantastic! :yummy:

Most of the colas fell over from the weight and I did have to hang several yo-yo's.

I'll be harvesting in about 10 days, or so.

Here are some pics from a few minutes ago:

Happy Harvests!

K

That first pheno with the flat top will most likely be the special one you’re looking for.
They're both clones from the same mother and it was the same mother/pheno of the Chem '91's I grew last round when I said it was the best meds I've ever grown, so I know this is the pheno I'm looking for. :rofl: It's already on the "keeper" list! So far, I've only popped the one seed and got pretty lucky with a frosty, diesly, skunky pheno! :yummy:

CHEM '91 BUDS - A FEWS DAYS FROM HARVEST

The two Chem '91 plants in the small tent are basically ready to harvest now. We're actually two days away, on my calendar, but I probably won't take them down until this weekend.

They really don't make carbon scrubbers strong enough for these girls in their last few weeks of flower! :yummy::rofl:

Here are some bud pics:

Happy Harvests!

K

Looking pretty sweet, can’t wait for the harvest and a smoke report.
They're cuts from the same mother as the Chem '91 I grew last round. The smoke report is here:
The Chem '91 is nothing short of incredible and is the best meds I've grown in the ten years I've been growing. I actually moved to South Florida in October of 1991 from the northeast and was introduced to what was called, "Krypto". I was told that "Krypto" was short for "Kryptonite - the stuff the knocks out superman". I absolutely fell in love with that herb and my screen name of "Mr. Krip" is actually an homage to that original krypto weed.

Sometime around 1992 or 1993, the source for the "Krypto" dried up and while over the years I've had a lot of Krypto/Krippie meds and some were excellent, none were ever like that original strain I was first introduced to as Krypto.

Well, after growing out the Chem '91, I realize this was the strain I had been introduced to back then and I just never knew what it was.

This Chem '91 is pure fuel with skunky undertones and stinks up the whole room as soon as the jar is opened. :yummy:

The high is hard-hitting & trippy and incredibly enjoyable.

The Chem '91 is a definite "keeper", HIGHLY recommended, and I already have two more Chem '91's flowering in the small tent. It's a strain I hope to always have on-hand! :thumb:

And, the two more Chem '91's I was referring to in that last sentence are the two those pics are from. ;)

That was my first impression of Chem. It was a funky skunky terp profile and the euforia hits instantly. Extremely stinky strain, open a jar and the whole room is filled with the smell. For me it’s the best chemovar I’ve smoked in 45 years of growing and smoking. Nothing else comes close so far. Bubba is a close second but a different type of high.

Back
Top Bottom