Tales From The Krip!

I’ve just woken a cheesy breed of seed!

We will eat cheese together Special K :)
Nice! Between the two of us, we can make our own charcuterie board! :drool:

Looking forward to seeing Cheese Bees! ;)

They look dry to me. When mine get the second true leaves all the way in they get quarter strength nutes, which includes ~20ppm Ca and 8ppm of Mg.
Got in the groove the other day. Hit my seedlings with full strength flower mix. Heheh.

Oopsie.

They looked so perky the next day.

20230118_091404.jpg

20230115_135625.jpg

They look dry to me. When mine get the second true leaves all the way in they get quarter strength nutes, which includes ~20ppm Ca and 8ppm of Mg.
They were a little dry since that pic was taken right before I watered them this morning. When they're vegging, I like to let the soil get a little dry to encourage the roots to search for water, but I could tell by the weight of the containers (and that the plants hadn't wilted) that they hadn't dried out completely. The Kelp solution I gave them this morning has a good amount of Magnesium.

NOTE: Kelp has more magnesium than any other vegetable or seaweed

I'm still here, guys, just a crazy couple of weeks. I'll get a full update and pics up over the weekend.

:circle-of-love:
Thank God!

I was just about to get the CIA involved!

I thought you’d been abducted by aliens…. again!

👽🤍👽🤍👽🤍

Thank God!

I was just about to get the CIA involved!

I thought you’d been abducted by aliens…. again!

👽🤍👽🤍👽🤍
Witness Protection Program! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, long story, but house (and clients) is continuing to need lot of attention which is keeping me busy and costing me a fortune! :(

Had sediment coming through water lines (city water) and it's messed up the kitchen faucet, a couple of shower heads, my dishwasher, washing machine, and my tankless water heater.

Forget about all the little things in that list that needs to be fixed or replaced, I had to spend about $700 just to have a whole house water filter installed (drinking water and ice were already being filtered). The tankless heater was another $1,000 installed.

Then, I find out the one of the shower heads has a non-standard arm so I can't just get a replacement and the company that made it was bought out by American Standard. They did send a replacement, but I need to install a new shower arm itself which is another story I'll save everyone the misery on).

On top of that, there's a slight leak from the on/off water valves for one of the sinks in the master bathroom, which is already stripped down to wall studs and has the vanity where the leak is removed due to the the roof leak damage I'm still looking to settle with the insurance company.

It's a pretty slight leak and I have a bucket underneath it which I empty every day, but it looks like the leak is getting worse and I'd have to take the grow back down to get a plummer in there, so hoping it stays just a slight leak for a few more months.

Now, that just covers my issues with the water/plumming stuff. Again, I'll save everyone the misery of listening to my miseries. I'm healthy & happy albeit somewhat aggravated and with a lot less money in my bank account! :confused:

It's not as bad as the story I saw from you on the Patient from Hell! :thedoubletake:

REBOUNDING & READY FOR TOPPING

The plants have rebounded pretty well from their early magnesium deficiency and the damage was pretty minimal, although one of the Cheeselicious' first set of leaves got pretty burned.

If I was looking to present the best looking plant photos, I would have trimmed some of the burned stuff off before taking the pics, but I think it's more beneficial to show what happened and how they reacted to the Kelp I've given them for their last few feedings.

Here's a group pic:

The White Widow is looking pretty good. It just had some yellowing around the edges of the early leaves but this one is still showing some very slight signs of yellowing:

Cheeselicious #1 not only had some yellowing around the edges of the lower leaves but you can also see some burn around the edges. New growth is looking pretty good, though:

Cheeselicious #2 took the most burning in the lower leaves but, of all three, I think her new growth looks best:

Since it takes some time for any changes to show, especially in soil, I think they're all in good shape now but they're all gonna continue to get some extra Kelp for a little while longer. And, I will remove most of the burned stuff.

In the mean time, they're definitely big enough and healthy enough to start topping so I'm gonna try to get that done in the next 24 hours, if possible.

I haven't really checked the roots, yet, but they should also be ready to transplant into the #1's.

Happy Harvests!

K

New growth looking much better!

And if you had trimmed off the yellow bits you would have had to cut new leaf points into all the edges, and we probably would have noticed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
LOL! I was just talking about that lower brown stuff! ;)

REBOUNDING & READY FOR TOPPING

The plants have rebounded pretty well from their early magnesium deficiency and the damage was pretty minimal, although one of the Cheeselicious' first set of leaves got pretty burned.

If I was looking to present the best looking plant photos, I would have trimmed some of the burned stuff off before taking the pics, but I think it's more beneficial to show what happened and how they reacted to the Kelp I've given them for their last few feedings.

Here's a group pic:

The White Widow is looking pretty good. It just had some yellowing around the edges of the early leaves but this one is still showing some very slight signs of yellowing:

Cheeselicious #1 not only had some yellowing around the edges of the lower leaves but you can also see some burn around the edges. New growth is looking pretty good, though:

Cheeselicious #2 took the most burning in the lower leaves but, of all three, I think her new growth looks best:

Since it takes some time for any changes to show, especially in soil, I think they're all in good shape now but they're all gonna continue to get some extra Kelp for a little while longer. And, I will remove most of the burned stuff.

In the mean time, they're definitely big enough and healthy enough to start topping so I'm gonna try to get that done in the next 24 hours, if possible.

I haven't really checked the roots, yet, but they should also be ready to transplant into the #1's.

Happy Harvests!

K
Looking great bro
Excited to see how they turn out Krip! :high-five:
You going to keep them in plastic pots on the next transplant?

Looking great bro
Excited to see how they turn out Krip! :high-five:
You going to keep them in plastic pots on the next transplant?
Yeah, they'll be going into plastic #1's just until they get root bound there, then into #10 fabric containers for the rest of the grow.

Sad day today :(....I just finished my last jar of Chem '91 which I jarred back in May of 2020, I'm now on my last jar of all my harvested stash which is some Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricaine jarred in November of 2020.

This jar will only last me about two, maybe three, months so I don't think I'm gonna make this harvest in time! :nervous-guy:

While I'm tempted to flip to get that harvest ASAP, the purpose of this grow is to refill the jars, so I'm gonna wait until the plants get a little (lot) bigger.

Sad day today :(....I just finished my last jar of Chem '91 which I jarred back in May of 2020, I'm now on my last jar of all my harvested stash which is some Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricaine jarred in November of 2020.

This jar will only last me about two, maybe three, months so I don't think I'm gonna make this harvest in time! :nervous-guy:

While I'm tempted to flip to get that harvest ASAP, the purpose of this grow is to refill the jars, so I'm gonna wait until the plants get a little (lot) bigger.
Hope you don't run out my friend.
I had that happen after the fire.
Cost me a fortune until I could harvest again.
And you end up with who knows what sometimes. :rolleyes:
Best to stand your ground and do it properly in the end.
Take care Amigo.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Take care Amigo.

Bill284 😎
Thanks, Brother! I'm about 420% sure I'm gonna run out. The real question is, how mature will the plants be when I do?

If they're within a few weeks, I can always chop a couple of branches early and do a quick-dry to buy me some time until they're ready. More likely than not, I'll end up having to get an oz or two from an outside source.

More likely than not, I'll end up having to get an oz or two from an outside source.
Heheh, I'm thinking that might not be a problem for you. You got connections. :laughtwo:

I've been in the same boat, and was fortunate to get some resupply until I can sneak some buds out of the coming harvest. :slide:I won't have fresh bud until April 1.

Thanks, Brother! I'm about 420% sure I'm gonna run out. The real question is, how mature will the plants be when I do?

If they're within a few weeks, I can always chop a couple of branches early and do a quick-dry to buy me some time until they're ready. More likely than not, I'll end up having to get an oz or two from an outside source.
Just had to do the same. Thought I was good. Till I wasn't. Bwhahahaha

I got lucky with local dispensary actually '' having good weed for 120oz

That won't ever last.

It’s such a balancing act, having enough in jars. I’m feeling it now. I have my last jar of Shiskaberry. I have a Blueberry and a Mimosa curing, 3.5oz in total. Due to poor yields, I’m already concerned I’ll have enough to last next harvest.

I’ve said this a number of times. Back in the day I resented ole mate and his prices. You can pay up to $400 per ounce here. I used to think it was a rip off until I saw how much work goes into it. It’s not as simple as plant a seed and watch it bloom. But there are sooooo many variables.

Take care Amigo.

Bill284 😎
So true!

And hello you! I’ve missed seeing you around.

♥️🥰♥️🥰♥️🥰

Back
Top Bottom