Tales From The Krip!

I'm sure you already know this but since you mentioned your dad vapes, make sure he knows to save the vaped cannabis as it is wonderful for making no fuss edibles. Nutella, graham crackers and ABV (already been vaped), ready in about 20 minutes. Plus you're getting double use for your efforts.
Can you tell me more about abv material and how to use it? If you don't want to load up his journal, you can talk about it on mine, or in a pm. I'm really interested on how to use the vaped material in edibles!

Can you tell me more about abv material and how to use it? If you don't want to load up his journal, you can talk about it on mine, or in a pm. I'm really interested on how to use the vaped material in edibles!

There are several videos on the tube....funny thing is I was up til 3am watching videos about making editable....butter...oil...and snacks
Here is one I was watching last night.
abv snacks - YouTube
How to Make Single Dose Cannabis Edibles (Firecrackers): Cannabasics #13 - YouTube

I'm sure you already know this but since you mentioned your dad vapes, make sure he knows to save the vaped cannabis as it is wonderful for making no fuss edibles. Nutella, graham crackers and ABV (already been vaped), ready in about 20 minutes. Plus you're getting double use for your efforts.

Thanks, Jayne! We're already on it! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I use the ABV in edibles all time! ;)

Canna, you can use the ABV in cooking the same way you'd use the MMJ, including in a MagicButter machine, it just won't be as potent since some of the THC would have already been vaporized, so you'd need more. Vaping typically doesn't get it all, though, so you can use the ABV in cooking later.

Anything you do with the MMJ, you can also do with ABV, it just takes more ABV to get the same potency and imparts more of a "burnt" flavor to whatever you're cooking.

I save my ABV in a mason jar (so it doesn't smell!), and then add it into the unvaped meds when I'm making butter or oil.

Is the abv better tasting then say decarbed smoke or unaltered bud?

Thanks for that questions, Lilred! I forgot to mention, that because it's ABV, it does NOT need to be de-carbed (it was de-carbed in the vape!). It tastes about the same as the de-carbed bud, just a little more burnt. Likely because vaping is done at about 350*F and decarbing at something like 250*F.

Canna, you can use the ABV in cooking the same way you'd use the MMJ, including in a MagicButter machine, it just won't be as potent since some of the THC would have already been vaporized, so you'd need more. Vaping typically doesn't get it all, though, so you can use the ABV in cooking later.

Anything you do with the MMJ, you can also do with ABV, it just takes more ABV to get the same potency and imparts more of a "burnt" flavor to whatever you're cooking.

I save my ABV in a mason jar (so it doesn't smell!), and then add it into the unvaped meds when I'm making butter or oil.
Thanks Mr. Krip! That's very valuable information! We use vapes, and just have been composting the abv. I knew it was useful, but I couldn't remember why. Lol! I'll keep this info this time by starting a Mason jar also. Thanks so much!!

I also wound up on the magical butter site and off to the tube to watch video reviews on the product. It looks very easy and less likely to burn the butter...oil or other items then making it on the stove. Have u tried this product. Is it as easy as they say? Wondering if ordering this item and having it shipped to me will raise too many eyebrows...I am living in a non friendly 420 state.

Thanks Mr. Krip! That's very valuable information! We use vapes, and just have been composting the abv. I knew it was useful, but I couldn't remember why. Lol! I'll keep this info this time by starting a Mason jar also. Thanks so much!!

Always happy to help! :circle-of-love:

I also wound up on the magical butter site and off to the tube to watch video reviews on the product. It looks very easy and less likely to burn the butter...oil or other items then making it on the stove. Have u tried this product. Is it as easy as they say? Wondering if ordering this item and having it shipped to me will raise too many eyebrows...I am living in a non friendly 420 state.

I have used the product and, while I was making cannabutter long before the MB2E, I do really like the machine. It makes it simply, doesn't stink up the whole house, and is easy to clean.

There are coupon codes available to get $30 to $50 off, depending on the code.

As far as shipping to your state, I THINK it would be fine since it can be used for other things besides MMJ. You can make infused butters (with other herbs!), lotions, etc.

That being said, I'm sure we're all on some sort of list due to our purchases! ;)

Also the same goes for rosin chips :) just jar until needed for medibles :)

Exactly! Or, the leftover "shake" after making dry ice kief or sifting can also be used, etc. None of those extraction methods are 100%, so reusing the leftovers for cooking let's you get more out (and still won't be 100%).

I have a magic butter machine (MMB2) and yes, well worth the investment. I believe if you mention my name when you order it you can get them to comp the shipping. I'm not absolutely certain of that, but I seem to recall an email to that effect when I won MOTY. It's worth a try.

The coupon codes Mr. Krip mentioned are a better deal.

One last edit: I live in a Prohibitionist state and there was no problem having this machine shipped. It's much more than a machine to make cannabutter.

I was just deleting some OLD subscriptions in my control panel and found this post I made almost four years ago. It made me laugh (again!), so I thought I'd re-post it for some of the newer members to add to the list:

You Might Be A Grower If

Enjoy! :cheesygrinsmiley:

K

There are several videos on the tube....funny thing is I was up til 3am watching videos about making editable....butter...oil...and snacks
Here is one I was watching last night.
abv snacks - YouTube
How to Make Single Dose Cannabis Edibles (Firecrackers): Cannabasics #13 - YouTube
Yeah that's about the extent of my knowledge. Except I use much less ABV than the video showed. I only use 1/2 teaspoon per 1/2 graham cracker. Maybe I'm just a lightweight? I also put them in the fridge after the cool down and eat them later. I hardly ever eat it right away. It keeps me pain free for a good 6 hours. Builds slowly and takes awhile to peak, but that seems to be true with most edibles.

Thanks, Jayne! We're already on it! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I use the ABV in edibles all time! ;)
I figured as much, but you never know. :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom