Tales From The Krip!

Great work!
4x4 is hard to grow in! You are definitely doing pretty well with it.
Fruit Punch never yielded as good as others for me but my setup may not have liked it. And any plant like the WW if it gets outgrown by the others in a small area can kill it's yield. Even in my big area sometimes an 8 oz plant would dwarf something..
You need to be trimming more of those buds with the trimmer. I only hand trim the top cola's and I even use the trimmer on those sometimes. I know.... they are pretty and yummy so it feels weird throwing them in the timmer... lol

Super impressed ;)

peace

FE

Great work!
4x4 is hard to grow in! You are definitely doing pretty well with it.
Fruit Punch never yielded as good as others for me but my setup may not have liked it. And any plant like the WW if it gets outgrown by the others in a small area can kill it's yield. Even in my big area sometimes an 8 oz plant would dwarf something..
You need to be trimming more of those buds with the trimmer. I only hand trim the top cola's and I even use the trimmer on those sometimes. I know.... they are pretty and yummy so it feels weird throwing them in the timmer... lol

Super impressed ;)

peace

FE
Thanks, Brother! The Fruit Punch didn't do too bad, but the White Widow had almost no stretch what-so-ever. I'm putting a decent amount of buds through the trimmer, and I'm VERY happy with the purchase, but, other than trimming the fans off the top colas, I don't do much trimming on them unless they're real leafy.

TRIMMED BLACKWATER BUDS

I was checking the smaller Blackwater buds that went through the trimmer. They're still a little moist but looking great:

I've got everything, except the trim, doing a slow-dry in the fridge and the fridge is PACKED!

Speaking of packed, I'm gonna go pack a bong! :roorrip:

Happy Harvests!

K

Tut 2 looks great, congrats again! Can you get some before after pics next time you use the trimmer?

:passitleft:

Thanks, Brother, and I sure will! I'll be trimming the lower buds from Tut #2 later today and will get some good pics for you. It's definitely a time-saver! :thumb:

BTW, a couple of weeks ago in a PM you asked me where my buddy was living. I wasn't ignoring you, I just couldn't remember the name of the town, at the time. The answer is, Bainbridge! ;)

It's a 4'x4' and I'm really not complaining, at all! ;)
I think, though, with the right strain (notice, I didn't say "strains"!), the right training, right veg time, and enough light, I'm pretty sure I can get 4 plants each at 6-8 oz. per plant. The 24 oz. is more of a "target" and 32 oz. is more of a "goal". I'm not unhappy with 16+ zips - I just want MORE!!! :rofl::roorrip:
If I could have kept my Orangeade B pheno around that would have been one to grow just for yield. She was not stable though and liked to throw lots of bananas. She was my heaviest pull out of a 7. I pulled 7.25 zips off of her the first run. 8 of those in my 4x8 would have done very well. Oh well she wasnt as good as the A pheno and then the A pheno isnt as good as the Slurricane or the Donkey Punch. So I will deal with her loss by trying to find soemthing even better that yields as well.

TRIMMER QUICK REVIEW

Started with what was maybe 2 oz. dried of fresh Tut #2 trim:

Ranging in size from small to tiny:

I literally will strip the small buds from the stems and thow them in. Worst case, they make it to the trim pile.

There's a grate assembly that has the cutters below that sits on top of a large stainless steel bowl. The unit is pretty large (16" bowl diameter) and storage is a little bit of a PITA:

The grate is small enough that it does trap fairly small buds, although, if the larger buds aren't "dense", they can get push through, so there's a nice looking trim pile at the end, which you'll see in a minute. This is just for size reference of the grate:

I put the whole bowl of wet buds in there:

Top goes on and there's a crank/handle that pops on top of that:

And, after about a minute and 30 turns of the crank:

More turns of the crank would get them closer, but when they're this wet, this is all the trim I need and they went back on the drying rack to finish drying.

These shots I posted earlier of the Blackwater buds are the buds that went through the trimmer and have now started to dry a bit, so you can see the difference:

I hope that helps!

K

TRIMMER QUICK REVIEW

Started with what was maybe 2 oz. dried of fresh Tut #2 trim:

Ranging in size from small to tiny:

I literally will strip the small buds from the stems and thow them in. Worst case, they make it to the trim pile.

There's a grate assembly that has the cutters below that sits on top of a large stainless steel bowl. The unit is pretty large (16" bowl diameter) and storage is a little bit of a PITA:

The grate is small enough that it does trap fairly small buds, although, if the larger buds aren't "dense", they can get push through, so there's a nice looking trim pile at the end, which you'll see in a minute. This is just for size reference of the grate:

I put the whole bowl of wet buds in there:

Top goes on and there's a crank/handle that pops on top of that:

And, after about a minute and 30 turns of the crank:

More turns of the crank would get them closer, but when they're this wet, this is all the trim I need and they went back on the drying rack to finish drying.

These shots I posted earlier of the Blackwater buds are the buds that went through the trimmer and have now started to dry a bit, so you can see the difference:

I hope that helps!

K

Great demo krip! It sure does look like it saves you a bunch of time! It’s a lookout for the future for me but for now I enjoy the hands on experience with my girls come harvest day!

Cheers krip! Enjoy your Sunday :passitleft:

Great demo krip! It sure does look like it saves you a bunch of time! It’s a lookout for the future for me but for now I enjoy the hands on experience with my girls come harvest day!

Cheers krip! Enjoy your Sunday :passitleft:

Enjoy it while it lasts, my friend! :high-five:

I think you'll find with some more harvests that trimming up even a few ounces of meds by yourself loses its appeal real quick! :rofl:

I used to love trimming. I looked forward to harvest season when I could help my buddy trim up his outdoor for the year. as the years went on and it got to be super frantic at times it started to lose it appeal. Then when I started growing inside for myself and started having harvests multiple times a year, it was no longer a fun magical time. It became work and my least favorite part of growing.

I used to love trimming. I looked forward to harvest season when I could help my buddy trim up his outdoor for the year. as the years went on and it got to be super frantic at times it started to lose it appeal. Then when I started growing inside for myself and started having harvests multiple times a year, it was no longer a fun magical time. It became work and my least favorite part of growing.

Trimming sucks, which is why they call it "Trim Jail". When it's a small harvest, you're scrounging every last bud, but when there's a lot of nice buds to trim, I found myself literally tossing the small stuff figuring it wasn't even worth the trim.

The Tut #1 lower buds were pretty small. I'll post some pics of them since they're very similar to Tut #2 and pretty close to dry, so a better comparison. It's pretty much all buds I never would have spent the time to trim and by just cutting them from the stems and running it though the trimmer, it returned 29.3 g of decent, though small buds (NOT "shake"!).

That run, alone, paid for the trimmer for me! :thumb:

I'm not trying to become a trimmer fanatic or push it on anyone. I went many years without one but very happy, personally, with the purchase.

Enjoy it while it lasts, my friend! :high-five:

I think you'll find with some more harvests that trimming up even a few ounces of meds by yourself loses its appeal real quick! :rofl:

I’m definitely in the beginning love stage of growing and every aspect! Since my WWa were my 2 first plants to harvest I’m sure I will enjoy it for at least a few more round before it becomes a daunting task haha!

By then I’m sure I’ll have an auto trimmer. But for now me and my trimming hands will be pushed to our limits haha!

Trimming sucks, which is why they call it "Trim Jail". When it's a small harvest, you're scrounging every last bud, but when there's a lot of nice buds to trim, I found myself literally tossing the small stuff figuring it wasn't even worth the trim.

The Tut #1 lower buds were pretty small. I'll post some pics of them since they're very similar to Tut #2 and pretty close to dry, so a better comparison. It's pretty much all buds I never would have spent the time to trim and by just cutting them from the stems and running it though the trimmer, it returned 29.3 g of decent, though small buds (NOT "shake"!).

That run, alone, paid for the trimmer for me! :thumb:

I'm not trying to become a trimmer fanatic or push it on anyone. I went many years without one but very happy, personally, with the purchase.

From the looks of it the job is does is pretty good and for the amount of time it saves ....1min compared to an hour or 2..... well that in itself is worth the money!

This is what I love about the trimmer....

Here are the Tut #1 "trim" buds sitting right at 71% RH and I put a penny in the picture for size reference:

In this pic, I pushed some of the smaller buds next to the penny so you could get a real idea of what's there:

I mean, who in their right mind would spend time trimming this stuff when there's several ounces of prime buds/colas needing to be trimmed??? Forget about an hour - I bet it would take closer to four hours just to trim all those little buds! :eek:

However, they're very nice little nugs and I'm glad I spent the two minutes to put them through the trimmer considering I recovered just over an oz. (just from Tut #1 plus just over 18 g's from the Blackwater, so far!):

If the harvests get large enough and/or the "prime" buds get leafy enough, I may decide to use the trimmer on the top buds, too, but for now, just being able to deal with the small stuff makes it worth it for me. ;)

This is what I love about the trimmer....

Here are the Tut #1 "trim" buds sitting right at 71% RH and I put a penny in the picture for size reference:

In this pic, I pushed some of the smaller buds next to the penny so you could get a real idea of what's there:

I mean, who in their right mind would spend time trimming this stuff when there's several ounces of prime buds/colas needing to be trimmed??? Forget about an hour - I bet it would take closer to four hours just to trim all those little buds! :eek:

However, they're very nice little nugs and I'm glad I spent the two minutes to put them through the trimmer considering I recovered just over an oz. (just from Tut #1 plus just over 18 g's from the Blackwater, so far!):

If the harvests get large enough and/or the "prime" buds get leafy enough, I may decide to use the trimmer on the top buds, too, but for now, just being able to deal with the small stuff makes it worth it for me. ;)

Awesome stuff krip!

Out of curiosity did you check trichomes before and after to see if they get beaten up st all by the rubber sweeper arms? Wondering how aggressive they are is wet trimming in it better or worse than dry trimming? Is there a recommendation

Awesome stuff krip!

Out of curiosity did you check trichomes before and after to see if they get beaten up st all by the rubber sweeper arms? Wondering how aggressive they are is wet trimming in it better or worse than dry trimming? Is there a recommendation
Thanks Krip! Are you getting some kief in with the trim? Your making a compelling argument for the trimmer!

:high-five:

I'm 420% sure the wet trimming is easier on the buds than the dry trimming. I didn't scope the trich's before & after but I was cranking much slower/gentler than shown in the video (maybe 1/3 speed, or so). Mostly, the buds just get rolled around.

There were most definitely some trichome heads in the collection bowl, but very little considering the amount of buds processed, and there's no way to really tell what percentage are from the trim that fell through vs. from the buds that got trapped up top; but again, it wasn't enough to make me concerned and, if it was in the collection bowl, it got dumped into a "trim bag" that will be used later for oil.

If you have the time and really enjoy hand-trimming, I would not recommend the purchase. If you're like me, being short on free time, with a strong aversion to pulling all-nighters trimming, but still stingy enough to want to collect every small bud from the harvest, then SOME trimmer (even if not the model I'm using!) will probably be a good investment.
:Namaste:

Drive-by,, I got a trimmer too.. Miss J.. just don't let her hear... JK of course. Hopefully that Tut shit is all she's cracked up to be. I almost got afew,to look at, a while back. Who knows maybe a good sale on somewhere bout X-mas and all... I got to back read and see how it turned out. Looks tasty.
The reason I piped out was I got a friend that had one of them big ass Twister Units. I could see how he had use for it though he was doing a larger large outdoors back in Cali.It did a good job as long as the buds were uniform,, and the right type too.. And cranked them out too. That machine had acouple vacuum units to pull off the trim and collection tanks. Better do alot more than trim for whatever price he paid. I know he did use alot of trimmers for a while till he got that.

DRY TUT TRIMMER BUDS

I'm starting the cure on the Tut #1 "trimmer buds". These are the "crappier" buds salvaged using the trimmer so they're smaller and were not subject to the "low & slow" drying method. I wanted to dry the Tut trimmer buds quicker so I had some meds on hand ASAP.

Anyways, even these lower buds are looking fantastic and are absolutely coated in trichomes.

I did take a couple bong hits to sample and since the buds looked so good, figured I'd grab a couple of pics. I don't know if it's any indication of the potency, but when I was done taking pics, I tried to put the lens cap back on the mason jar! :rofl: :bong:

I can't wait for the "primo buds" to finish drying and get a good cure! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom