Tall and Budless

beachblueye

I have an Aerogarden plant that's about 3 ft. tall, to the top of the canopy. First time I've tried this and something doesn't seem right. Even though full of leaves and tall there's not one sign of a bud. I notice a couple of little tiny sprouts coming out of some of the branches at the joint of the stem but that's it. About 3 1/2 months old. I appreciate any time you give to reply and thank you in advance.

It's an Aerogarden so it has it's own cycles. I've put a couple of CFL's hanging next to the plant to supplement the light due the plants pretty dense. Bottom of "trunk" is about 1/2' across so plant is pretty mature. So 12/12 is crucial?

beachblueye said:
It's an Aerogarden so it has it's own cycles. I've put a couple of CFL's hanging next to the plant to supplement the light due the plants pretty dense. Bottom of "trunk" is about 1/2' across so plant is pretty mature. So 12/12 is crucial?

Crucial to flowering. You'll want at least 12 hours of consistent uninterrupted complete darkness, on a regular schedule. Timers are your friend in this respect, and a dedicated room/space/box. Read up the "how to grow marijuana" link in my signature.

There are plants that will flower without the 12 hour schedule - (auto-flower) plants. I'm guessing you did not specifically purchase those however - if bagseed, you'll need the 12 hours darkness each day for flowers/medicine, for example. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom