Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

Chem D x C4D - The classic elite clone Chem D crossed with a selected male from rez's C4D that smelt strongly of Chem D. C4D was the Chem 4 cut crossed with rez's Chem D ibl male - so this should come out like a Chem D back-cross with Chem 4 as the outcross! The test grows are showing healthy, very high yielding plants that reek of Chem and diesel and which look to go around 10-11 weeks. None of the Chem D clone's leaf streak trait has appeared in the 3 Females from the test grow.

That hermie Chocolope went nuts when I put it in the dark for the night (it's culled now, needless to say):

0011683.JPG
0021684.JPG
0031613.JPG
0041526.JPG

I need to look at these pics of the other Chocolope to inspect and see if there are signs of hermie or seed formation:

0071202.JPG
0081098.JPG
009985.JPG
010912.JPG

Here's how the unit is set up now (it's on the left, Chemdawg D BX 3 in the middle, and Old Timers Haze on the right):

0061270.JPG

Man I hope that stupid thing didn't pollinate everything :(

:peace:

I thought about it and did the research. Looking at the company's products, I've grown LA Confidential, Skywalker Kush, Stacked Kush, Chocolope, and Sleestack. I've had hermie problems with almost all of these strains. I'll take the blame for some of the times, but I think I'm going to put those beans I have left of theirs on the back burner for now.

Pfffft! What a pain in the ass.

I've had 2 hermies out of 16 so far, but they were both way late in flower so no great loss. You think it could pollenate enough to screw up the others? I'd be surprised. Was it a fem?

potchimp those nanners were pretty late which is good, but the bad thing is they were popping up everywhere! I think that could cause a problem.

Well hey, if it was a fem, then you have fem seed. A guy likes fem seed. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm not completely onboard with the idea of inherited hermies. For some reason it doesn't follow, in my mind. The entire strain may have a tendency to hermie, but probably not when the plant is happy. And if a plant hermies and you get a seed, it doesn't follow that the seed will hermie. I get it, but it seems like there's something not quite right about the common wisdom.

But yeah, I understand how a strain or a particular pheno can have special troubles.

Did you test brix on that one? It would interesting to know if any stress showed up in brix.

I got so bummed about it going hermie I just chopped it and didn't check the brix measurement.
If I could get an exact fem Chocolope from a purchased seed that hermied, I would buy everybody's work, hermie it on purpose, put the word super in front of the name they picked, and rob everyone out there of everything they've worked on for years. I hope they're smart enough to know that.

don't defoliate! actually funny story. I was expecting nanners on my acid plant (because it always has nanners and always gives me a couple seeds). I was 10 weeks deep in bloom, then I needed to pluck some leaves. they came out right after I plucked the leaves. the only reason I was plucking leaves was because it was near harvest and I needed it to lose some green if you know what I mean.

I'm going to feed the remaining 3 plants; the Chocolope tomorrow morning and the Tangerine Dream and White Widow IBL tomorrow evening (1 tsp. CaMg+, 1 tsp. molasses, 9 ml. enzyme activator, 1 tsp, 0-7-0 bat guano). I know they got a lot of time left but they just don't look fat, you know? Especially the TD.
The hermied Chocolope is drying on the rack and smells like sour muskmelon with a slight hint of chocolate (pee-yoo).

Post pics soon..... :peace:

Note : I fed all 3 remaining plants today, and also changed the 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS bulb out in the unit that the Tangerine Dream and White Widow IBL are in (same type and brand bulb). The difference in brightness was very noticeable by eye. I'll replace all my HID bulbs every year from now on. Post pics soon.

Update: I'm not a happy chimp with this grow, to be honest. Of 4 plants, 1 Chocolope hermies. The other looks frilly as Hell. I know I have 4-5 weeks left so I shouldn't complain too much, but I've seen plants like this before and I've never liked the end results. The Tangerine Dream doesn't look like the one I had before, and it looks frilly too. And the only plant left that I like the looks of (the White Widow IBL) may have the beginnings of grey mold. I'll post pics tonight before I SNS-244 the plant to show what I mean. The hairs lose that naturally round curl look to them and in appearance seem to be flattened, as if someone touched the bud all around and pressed them down. Then spots show that look like small specks of perlite. And the flowers get a little too frosty of a look to them in the tight spots. I caught it quick so I don't foresee a problem. I'll post a pic of the Choc-almost plant soon..... :(

I hope that's not mold. don't count the frilly girls out! they should stack, but they might take longer.

how many weeks in bloom is the white widow?

Heck, they look pretty good to me, Chimp. I really like the Chocolope, and the WW looks good, too.

The TD does look pretty hazey. What aromas are you getting from it?

Back
Top Bottom