Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

What strains are they? (1) Tangerine Dream fem. (Barney's Farm), (2) Chocolope fem. (DNA Genetics), and (1) Original White Widow IBL fem. (Paradise Seeds).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? All hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 11/10/2013 @ 12:00 P.M. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? 1st month - Roots Organic soil, 2nd month - mineralized soil, after to be determined (possibly mineralized soil or super soil).

If soil... what is in your mix? See above.

If soil... What size pot? 1 to 5 gallon pots as growth progresses.

Size of light?
-Seedling: 200 watt Feliz full spectrum mogul-based CFL
-Vegetative: 1st half - same; 2nd half - 250 watt Growbright MH w/Lumatek 250/400 switchable ballast.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS with same 250/400 digital ballast or 600 watt Eye Hortilux HPS w/Phantom dimmable ballast

Is it aircooled? Inline fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab? around 83 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 56%

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? Gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2-3 times/week.

Type and strength of nutes used - Mixed in the mineralized soil.

Here's the same Icemud's mineralized soil mix (slightly altered) I am using in my Bubba Kush grow:

4 (3 gallon) pots of Promix HP soilless mix
1 (3 gallon) pot of Happy Frog potting soil
1 (3 gallon) pot of perlite
1 (3 gallon) pot of worm casings (with added volcanic rock and sea kelp)
1 (3 gallon) pot of Alaskan Forest Humus
2 1/2 cups of calcium carbonate
2 cups of soft rock phosphate
3/4 cup of gypsum
2 cups of lava sand
1 cup of greensand
1 cup of kelp meal
2 cups of mycos maximum
2 cups of dry molasses
2 cups of powdered humic acid
1 1/2 cups of glacial rock powder
2 cups of azomite
2 tablespoons of epsom salt

The mineralized soil has been mixed and watered in for a week now, and as soon as the seedlings open and pop out of the Roots Organic mix I'll post back with a pic. I've done TD and Chocolope before and thet grow like Hell, so expect to see these 3 go into flower short into veg. This grow could be broken up in a number of ways, but I'll try to keep the plants all together and chopping out at about the same time.

:peace:

Re: Tangerine Dream, Chocolope, Original WW IBL; Mineralized Soil Grow

Hey pot chimp,

As u may notice this is my first post , so congrats on making me join this forum, I dunno how I wound up here but left another well known forum a few months ago and have been having forum withdrawals for a while!

Grows are looking good bro, had a quick check through you older ones too, your G13's amused me as they reminded me of my grinspoon grow a few years back, and as I continued reading I though ur other grows it was like déjà vu, as I used to be like you! In the aspect of trying breeding projects, growing pure sativas etc!
Best thing I can tell you bout sativas is they ain't really worth growing unless you have space and time/money to not really care if you end up with fluffy shit at the end, lol, I wasted years tryna breed and growing sativas, to just end up with going back to growing hybrids that others created :)
Anyways I saw you thought about trying strains like dr grin spoon, old timers haze etc, my advise to you would be Don't waste ya time and space, unless you have space to grow a dozen or more grin spoons, you ain't gonna find that pheno that's in the pic, you'll end up with plants that look identical to your g13s that u grew, and comparing them end results to say ur bubbas, I'm sure u would rather have the bubbas anydays.

Anyways sorry to ramble on :)

A few things I would mention is don't bother putting greensand in your soil mixes, it takes like 6-12 (Soz can't remember exact) months to even start breaking down, so unless you recycle ur soil it's pointless.
It's also not worth putting so much myco in, especially brands like great white etc as they are a ripoff, I sprinkle a lil in my mixes but mainly put it in at repots actually on the roots. They need to attach themselves to roots as they live in symbiosis with them, if there's no roots they may as well be in the jar! I saw you add to water which is good idea to but only needs to be do once, maybe around start of flower, this will save loads in myco, I used to use shitloads of the stuff before I read 'teaming with microbes' , highly recommend reading this over any grow book if interested in real organics.
Also I'd recommend pouring that AN shite down the drain, it's not organic no matter what it says on the bottle, also it's kinda pointless to make soil mixes and then pour synthetic nutes onto ur plants, I don't care if it says organic, it's not!
With a good soil mix you should only have to add sugars and enzymes/benes the whole grow, leave a few inches in your pots and you could top dress with more soil for heavy feeders. I do use bottled nutes sometimes, but the brand I use could be classed as vegan as it's just derived from plant matter, it's called plant magic ol timers (actually developed with help from Ol timer himself, from old timers haze fame) but it's a uk brand and I'm presuming ur in the states. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the AN iguana is actually wiping out your soil web, thus making it pointless addin myco.
Also I'd recommend doing 2 max transplants and end up in 5 gallon pots, my flower tent is 1.2mx1.2mx2.0m and I only ever grow 4 plants now, fits perfectly, I harvest one plant every 2-3 weeks and get anywhere from 75g-200g per plant depending on yeild.
I have a 75x75x200cm veg tent split in to levels which house my clones and vegging plants reading to go into flower, it's a bit tight but planning is key!

I've also got a really good soil mix if ur interested as u shouldn't be having any deficiencies, let us know if ur interested.

Anyways time for a j, take it easy bro

I'm always looking for different soil mixes to try; if you get a chance, PM me the recipe and thanks. With the average Indica, I was thinking along the same lines with the 3 transplants; 5.5" pot to a 2 gallon pot to a 5 gallon pot for flowering. I've heard so many stories about these Bubbas being low yield, I was worried and let them go longer (the 200 watt CFL I vegged them under didn't help any either). So I'll probably have to feed all of them. I have Hi-Brix molasses here, as well as AN CarboLoad and SensiZym. Maybe I'll try feeding a mix of THAT to the Bubbas first to see if it brings them around before I try the AN (which I'd rather avoid using if I can).

Oh all 4 of these seeds are cracked open (paper towel method), and as soon as they break the shell I'll put them in the prepared pots I have.

Hee hee I just burned a blunt and was checking my RO water with a hand held meter. I thought, "500? Man, what the Hell's wrong? The water doesn't come out of the tap this bad! Speaking of which, I better check the tap water! if the RO is this bad, it must be like 1,200!" then I looked and saw I was holding it upside down it was 005 PPM damn I'm glad nobody saw me do that :)

Hey bro, that's exactly how I transplant, sensory is ok, that's the only AN prod I use but prefer hygrozyme as it's Omri certified.
I usually start giving enzymes about 2-3 wks before flower, every other water, and I give sucanat once during veg about halfway thru, the myco should be working at this stage and it's just to feed them, then once a week in flower.

Also give benes for veg, I alternate between a bio-silicon and a catalyst, silicon is basically to build up cells in stems etc, contains humics too and the catalyst is basically just a seaweed extract which any plant loves, and helps prevent stress.
I also only give water for last 2 weeks ish.

Anuva couple things I remembered while reading through, don't pay any attention to how long breeders say, just use it as a guide if it says 8 weeks u know its prob gonna finish before 10-11 weeks etc.
best way to tell is by Trichs, and not necessarily amber, they won't always go amber when ready, judge the plant as a whole, meaning fade, pistils, Trichs.
If u seem to be waiting for them to turn amber and they don't, but the actual stalks of the trichomes have elongated and heads are swollen and milky they prob ready.
Heat, nutrients, airflow, medium can all affect how long a plant will take to ripen and no 2 places are the same, just by over feeding can add a week or two to a grow.
Also don't believe half what they say, stay clear of overpriced shite like dr Greenthumbs, I'm not saying he selling Hermie shit like Greenhouse or most the other Dutch breeders but his stuff is Waaaaaaaaay overpriced and not as special as he makes out.
Some of the best plants I've had have been from freebie seeds from attitude, I got a Cali con sour diesel which is unbelievable and yields crazy and a GDP bay dream which I'll keep for years, and both were freebies.
Pisses me off when u can get a 1000s of seeds from a plant and some fool gonna come and try and sell em for $50 a pop, yeeaaaaah right, I don't buy Somas seeds for same reason, why would u when they prob been sitting on shelf for years and prob don't germ.

Also I saw u mention some of ur plants leaves were sticking up and wondered if its a genetic thing, that's basically the sign of a happy plant, short petioles and leaves raised like they are praying is what u want!

Anyways I don't mean to come across tryna teach u shit or anything, just for other folks that may read it or whatever :)

Here's the mix I use.

Per 50 litres of Soil (bags are this size in EU)
10 litres EWC
250g Bone meal 3-16-0
125g Bat Guano 0-10-0
250g Blood Meal 12-0-0
45g Potassium Sulphate 0-0-50
120g Azomite
60g Sea Kelp 1-0-2
40g Dolomitic Lime 30% cal 3% mg
30g Alfalfa Meal
12g Humic acid powder
5g Epsoms salt

Alaskan humus (if I could get this I would add it too)

Mix the shit up, dump some water on it and let it cook for atleast 2 weeks, longer the better, have had to use at 2 weeks before with no issues.

I find this mix is perfect for final pot up, I never get any burns, residual taste. Just leave a gap in pot for top dressing heavy feeders. Should finish with a nice fade too.

I'd also mention that mix is aimed for 8-9 week strains, anything over 60 days and I generally have to feed or pre plan and add more nutes to the mix.

Sorry for the rambles, lol,

Thanks; I'll write it down and experiment. It looks similar to super soil. I was wanting to look into alfalfa meal as an additive, and was thinking about giving some processed chicken manure a shot as food later (cheap).
All 4 of these seeds had a 1/4" tail this morning, so I potted them and will get a pic up as soon as they pop out of the soil.

Thanks; I'll write it down and experiment. It looks similar to super soil. I was wanting to look into alfalfa meal as an additive, and was thinking about giving some processed chicken manure a shot as food later (cheap).
All 4 of these seeds had a 1/4" tail this morning, so I potted them and will get a pic up as soon as they pop out of the soil.

Alfalfa is a good additive but be careful with it, it contains a hormone called triacontinol (think that's right ;p), and too much off it can prevent flowering.

And yup the mix is basically a expanded version of subs super soil, though I thought he's basic recipe was slightly too hot and lacking in p, thus the admendments, it's probably my 10th version or so and pretty much there food wise, just tryna cut out some of the benes I use.

Oh and while I'm thinking bout sub, you prob know, but have u seen his weed nerd channel on YT, I help him mod it a bit, although been AWOL for past few weeks due to ISP morons. Dude gets a lot of grief from haters and trolls but his methods work and genetics are sound. Grown pretty much most TGA gear. Also watching all the old nerd shows is better than any grow book!

My main mix I want to get straight is the veg mix, so the alfalfa meal should be weakened out by flowering. Here's Subcool's super soil mix (the one I may use for flowering and is similar to your recipe):

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup epsom salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

I divide all the ingredients in the mix by 8 to get a 1 bag recipe (I have it written down).

Alfalfa is a good additive but be careful with it, it contains a hormone called triacontinol (think that's right ;p), and too much off it can prevent flowering.

And yup the mix is basically a expanded version of subs super soil, though I thought he's basic recipe was slightly too hot and lacking in p, thus the admendments, it's probably my 10th version or so and pretty much there food wise, just tryna cut out some of the benes I use.

Oh and while I'm thinking bout sub, you prob know, but have u seen his weed nerd channel on YT, I help him mod it a bit, although been AWOL for past few weeks due to ISP morons. Dude gets a lot of grief from haters and trolls but his methods work and genetics are sound. Grown pretty much most TGA gear. Also watching all the old nerd shows is better than any grow book!

Mentioning that and my failed attempts at a skinny leaf Sativa, the next mainly Sativa grow I was considering replacing the Grinspoon one with was Mr. Nice SSH (3 reg seeds) and Jack the Ripper (3 reg seeds). I think my small units can handle the shorter flowering periods with these two strains.

wow, in the first page of a chimp journal, that's rare. Subbed.

I thought for sure this reply registered the last time. Sorry canabinerd, welcome and I hope I do good enough for people who want to grow these strains to get useful info.

Mentioning that and my failed attempts at a skinny leaf Sativa, the next mainly Sativa grow I was considering replacing the Grinspoon one with was Mr. Nice SSH (3 reg seeds) and Jack the Ripper (3 reg seeds). I think my small units can handle the shorter flowering periods with these two strains.

Jack the Ripper is amazing, I still have a pack waiting to crack as I never kept clones when I grew it out before, there's a 'pink lemonade' pheno which pops up pretty often, that's the keeper, the leaves will have shitloads of resin and curl up with a pink tinge, that's the one. :)

SSH is one I wanna try too, I've only ever bought my seeds from the tude or actual breeders before as I trusted them, so never bought any SSH due to price, but just put my first order with pick n mix seeds, if all goes well with them imma try some mr nice strains, I really wanna try Somas amnesia haze! bit I'm worried at £20 a bean, not many peeps buy them and it won't germ.

Who do use for single seeds?

I use either them or the SSC when I buy single seeds, but I try to stay away from just getting one seed if I can help it. I got lucky with my Soma Seeds Free Tibet and SLH (both single seed purchases), but I'd rather take a pheno from a grouping of 6 fem or 10 reg seeds. I did somebody's Amnesia Haze (it was on the top selling list about 2-3 years ago; another single seed purchase) but that pheno sucked.

Here they are, minus one of the slacker Chocolopes:

0011552.JPG

Yah I'll buy a pack if the strains are ok but I've been buying packs for years and have shitloads of odd 2 or 3 seeds or singles from packs I don't wanna grow any more, also i have a limit on price, not cos I'm poor just outta principle, I won't pay over £50 for a pack of seeds, I have done before and never again (£120 on ERSB by sensi), So gonna buy singles and if I like the strain I'll buy a pack, but there's so many strains to try these days I don't wanna grow one strain at time, I'd rather grow 4 and have one of each,clone it, once cured if I don't like it, just kill the clone.
I've only ever had terrible plants from terrible strains, personally in good hybrids/strains I think every pheno should be good to a extent, may not be best but definitely smokable, so if I find something utter shite, I dump it straight away and will generally never buy anything from that breeder again, ie, Barney's farm, GHS. I've never had a bad plant from TGA or CC or Sensi and grown a fair few of em, fair enough they haven't all been keepers, but still good.

Wish I could say I was that smart about it. These Dr. GT Katsu cut BKs I'm doing in my other grow were $50.00 a bean (normally $100, but I got 4 instead of 2). And my X-mas present to myself was gonna be 2 of his G13 beans (another $100.00 a bean). If somebody put out MVTF and I knew it was real, I'd probably do the same. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. :(

Wish I could say I was that smart about it. These Dr. GT Katsu cut BKs I'm doing in my other grow were $50.00 a bean (normally $100, but I got 4 instead of 2). And my X-mas present to myself was gonna be 2 of his G13 beans (another $100.00 a bean). If somebody put out MVTF and I knew it was real, I'd probably do the same. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. :(

I nearly bought some of his bubba a while back, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews and way I see it he's in it for the money and probably just a bullshitter, no one can justify $50 beans when plants produces 1000s. Even if u only received 1000 beans from a plant (I've heard of people getting 10,000s from plants) that means one plant can bring him in $50,000, that's only 200 packs of 5 seeds, which could easily be sold in a few weeks.
I guarantee his beans are no better than any others and if you bring cost into it you could probably say they are generally worse due to cost, beans should be $50 a pack not each. That's one money making machine!

All the dude does is get clones and self them, he's no different to GHS apart from the fact he may have some nice clones, but instead of working with them, he just S1s them. S1s throw out so many recessive genes that you have just as much hope of getting a near copy of the clone than you would from a hybrid F1 that leans to the particular plant ur after.

Also u don't know his shit is real, how he know he has the real G13, G13 could be just bull for all we know, and what's so special about G13 anyways, it's ain't that great otherwise everyone would be selling g13's. It's like a haze, using it in hybrids can create good results but on its own it ain't great.
Please don't waste any cash on his shite, trust me it ain't worth it, go buy a pack of bodhi or TGA and trust me u won't regret, but I guarantee u will regret spending 200 bucks on 2 G13 beans, it's like cookies, it's just HYPE, don't fall for it ;p

Oh and I'll also mention just cos he has a forum with shitloads of happy customers etc, that doesn't mean shit, GHS has a forum with a load of happy customers, doesn't mean I'm gonna buy their crap or fall for it, a lot of people these days are happing with mediocre shit, that's why they have autos, but I am not!

Anyways daily rant over, lol, soz for having on ur thead!

Don't feel bad about the rant Omar X; I need the help. So far there's so much hype out there about everything there is (yeah, GSC does totally suck), it's hard to know where to turn. I've been doing this for going on three years, and I haven't smoked anything I'd stop growing everything else for. Wouldn't it be cool if one of these guys bred something out that you didn't have to smoke blunts of all day to stay high? Yeah, I know. They'd put themselves out of business that very day. So it's not gonna happen. Sorry lungs you got some work ahead of you..... :tokin:

Gotta go smoke me a Lincoln Log sized one now see ya!

Back
Top Bottom