Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

I fed this thing about 2/3 gallon of a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of 8-2-1 and 0-7-0- bat guanos this morning. Blood meal is strong, as you saw by the way these Sativas plants went N toxic and dark green. But it gets used up quick, being a short breakdown form of N. I'm not going to be doing a super soil for a few grows, but I'm taking mental notes on this stuff. I'll use it during my veg periods in the future but not in flower; I want a slower breakdown form there (I would prefer to hand feed). Here the Chocolope is; it's filling out a little..... :straightface:*

0031623.JPG
0041535.JPG

* my skeptical smiley.

I like the bud structure on that Chocolope, and she looks to be busy making more calyxes. Good on 'er!

:thumb:

The thing might surprise me :) I still got a few weeks yet to feed it. I just got done reading up on White Widow, and the article said one week before chop it starts stacking up. I remember reading somewhere about giving a certain strain a whole week of dark period to bring out terpines and I thought it was WW. I don't know if I'll try that or not. I may be able to get one more feeding in for it, but I'm not going to push it. I got a feeling the Tangerine Dream isn't going to surprise me though; it's still wispy as Hell. I'll try to get some pics up of it in a while.

:peace:

The TD will surprise you when you smoke it its has a great sativa wake and bake with a heavy munchies finish and the smell is tangerine hazy candy off the charts.

Tangerine Dream has around 10 phenos as it's never been stabilized :D
I grew one outdoor and it looked almost pure sativa, leaning towards its Neville's A5 Haze parent, but I read it can be much more indica like and everything in-between. Flowering time indoor can be as short as 80 days, but can be as long as 120, so it kinda tricky. Nice smoke though, definitely racy and stimulating.

Tangerine Dream has around 10 phenos as it's never been stabilized :D
I grew one outdoor and it looked almost pure sativa, leaning towards its Neville's A5 Haze parent, but I read it can be much more indica like and everything in-between. Flowering time indoor can be as short as 80 days, but can be as long as 120, so it kinda tricky. Nice smoke though, definitely racy and stimulating.

This one looks to be about half and half maybe:

0021696.JPG

Here it is next to the White Widow (8 weeks would give that one 10 days left, but I'm going the longest time I've read on this one which is 60 days). I am going to feed it one more time tonight (0-7-0, enzyme activator, and molasses):

0011695.JPG
0031624.JPG

Hefty hefty hefty (WW IBL):

0041536.JPG

Wimpy wimpy wimpy (TD)

0051459.JPG

Hee hee :)

Man I'm glad I decided that the next few grows I'm doing are normal and not experimenting with mixes; this one isn't going the best. That 1/2 and 1/2 mix of 2 different guanos would have been okay I think if I would have mixed them separate beforehand or used a bubbler, but it wasn't. I used some on mostly the Chocolope and the Old Timers Haze clone I have, and both of them yellowed up pretty bad. :( I think they'll both make it, but damn there goes another grow botched. I think the TD and WW IBL will finish out respectably, though. Yep, a mild mix of natural minerals for the next organic grow fed with compost teas; that will be the route I go. More control.

The bombed out Chocolope (next to that Old Timers Haze):

0051461.JPG

Here's a few close-up pics of it:

0081107.JPG
0071209.JPG
009993.JPG

After 3 weeks of being in a smart pot to compost, all I have is this for decomposition (the pot is in the same area as my grow units are):

010917.JPG

Everything else I'm doing isn't too far off the beaten path and I've seen where it did or didn't work, but this may be the key reason my organic grows aren't working. Maybe middle 60's F temps are too cold for microbial activity to happen in a healthy way, and that's a part of my problem. It would explain why all the nutrients are there but the plant isn't showing signs of taking it in. I'm going to do my next organic grow in the Spring or Fall to test this theory. I've got to make a room to rid myself of these problems; running high wattage light bulbs in a closet taxes my plants, cooling equipment, and wallet to the max. Too hot, then too cold. The only in-between times are the Spring and Fall.
Post pics of the soon to chop WW IBL and the TD maybe tonight; :peace:

The bombed out Chocolope (next to that Old Timers Haze):

0051461.JPG

Here's a few close-up pics of it:

0081107.JPG
0071209.JPG
009993.JPG

After 3 weeks of being in a smart pot to compost, all I have is this for decomposition (the pot is in the same area as my grow units are):

010917.JPG

Everything else I'm doing isn't too far off the beaten path and I've seen where it did or didn't work, but this may be the key reason my organic grows aren't working. Maybe middle 60's F temps are too cold for microbial activity to happen in a healthy way, and that's a part of my problem. It would explain why all the nutrients are there but the plant isn't showing signs of taking it in. I'm going to do my next organic grow in the Spring or Fall to test this theory. I've got to make a room to rid myself of these problems; running high wattage light bulbs in a closet taxes my plants, cooling equipment, and wallet to the max. Too hot, then too cold. The only in-between times are the Spring and Fall.
Post pics of the soon to chop WW IBL and the TD maybe tonight; :peace:

Throw a couple gallons of mineralized soil on top of that and water it in with a couple quarts of tea and it should cook. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's surprising they stayed so nice and fresh, though, heheh.

I could hang meat and it would stay fresh it's so cold where that's at :xmas:

Here's a pic of the WW IBL and Tangerine Dream (the plant in the middle is a Mr. Nice):

0011702.JPG

The TD didn't make it through without getting hurt by the excessive N either. See how the cola tops are stretching?

0021703.JPG
0031629.JPG

Being more Indica (and a better feeder) the WW IBL did better, but it's still so dark green I know it took a bad hit from the blood meal too:

0051463.JPG
0041539.JPG

I did learn quite a lot from this grow. The next one will be better.

Update: The other Chocolope has 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 weeks breeder's time to harvest, the Tangerine Dream has 2-1/2 weeks, and the White Widow IBL has 8 days left. And I'm wanting to get on with a new grow, so I'm not gonna extend these times unless I see a need to.

Back
Top Bottom