Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

she looks great and swollen. why do you always say they look back to you?

Tangerine Dream:

0021707.JPG
0031632.JPG

White Widow IBL:

0041546.JPG
0051464.JPG
0071214.JPG

Both (with a Mr. Nice plant in between):

0011706.JPG

:peace:

Note: Either this super soil mix doesn't have enough Ca or the calcium carbonate I used didn't break down; I have dead spots (calcium deficiency) on the leaves of both plants. I've been adding CaMg+ since I noticed, but I'll most likely ride this grow out without doing much amending.

The Chocolope has 2-3 weeks left breeder's time as of today. As a last ditch effort I fed it a dose of AN Iguana (grow formula) to see what would happen. Can't hurt it, as you can see by the condition of the leaves:

0011709.JPG
0071216.JPG
0061287.JPG

The buds are gonna shrink; I can tell by how they feel when you move the stem around (too light), but I should still get 2 oz. :tokin:

Note: I saw what looked like a few white mold spots on the WW IBL, so I tore that leaf off and defoliated the whole plant to keep the humidity down. I didn't see signs of anything anywhere else, and it's only got a few more days. I defoliated the Tangerine Dream some too while I was at it. I'll get a pic of them up soon. I drenched that WW, so it may have been some of the SNS244 residue instead of mold; man I'm gonna have to do that budwashing thing 'cause it smells like the spray. This grow will be winding up soon, so get ready to see my siggy change again..... :ciao:

Chocolope looks pretty darned good ...

Still has a couple weeks to swell up, still making pistils, and probably a little freaked out so it should be makin' extra resin, too ...

And musing over the OTH, I wonder if anyone has tried espalier style. Do I remember you trying to see if it would toleratate being tied to the wall?

It's been a while but I think I tried that to the OTH before I tied the two main branches in a loop and bent them downward. :)

The Chocolope had more of a canteloupe smell at first but is now starting to tone down some. The WW smells like SNS-244 (I accidentally held the shift key down when I was writing 244 and it wrote @$$; hope it don't wind up smellin' like ass when I wash the SNS off), and the Tangerine Dream is smelling so Haze that it's losing a lot of the citrus smell. Post more soon.....

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Update: Not in the mood to take or post pics today; the WW IBL is looking like it's getting the beginnings of mold again, but I'm chopping it tomorrow. This will probably be my first bud washing try. :(
Now there are signs of mold on the surviving Chocolope. After spraying it with SNS244, this will probably be my second bud washing try. :(
The Tangerine Dream has about 10 days left and I'm looking forward to wrapping this grow up; it didn't go well. I will get back into organic grows soon, but I need a few good grows to get my heart back in the right place.

Chop day! :drool:

Paradise Seeds - Original White Widow IBL:

0011715.JPG
0031639.JPG
0041550.JPG
0021714.JPG

End results of the double super soil mix? A bit too much N, not enough P, and a pretty serious deficiency of Ca. The roots didn't get thick towards the bottom of the pot, so I think the mix more than likely didn't break down enough as opposed to the plant using the nutes it had up. Looks like I'll get about 1-1/2 jars out of the deal, though.

Other notes: As you can tell by the pics, there's a bit of trimming to this strain. The lower 1/3 to 1/2 of the plant had buds that (I think) are going to shrink to about 2/3 the size they are now, but the top nugs won't get much shrink; they're those rock hard ones you hear about. Not a lot of stickiness, but there's some. And as much as the seedbank wordsmiths like to make you drool with strain descriptions, the smell of this strain can be summed up in one word. Armpit.

LOL ... not exactly the sort of description a white widow wishes for. :laughtwo:

LOL ... not exactly the sort of description a white widow wishes for. :laughtwo:

That's probably why she's a widow. Couldn't stand the BO :cough:

I just looked at it on the drying rack. The smell is dying down some, but I just burnt a fattie so my sense of smell isn't there all the way; I'll check it again tomorrow morning before I get high. I think I'd give this one a C grade on bag appeal so far. Got a feeling I'll be giving it the same grade for effect, but I hope not.

I like the way your TD is turning out - how 'bout you?

Interesting size, too - cute lil thang. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom